1. g13 at transplant
2. at one week
3. at 2 weeks + 1 day
4,5,6. 11 fingered prehistoric looking

Last edited:

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran

hi, zeke! wow! thank you for trying to help organize this mess! i've thought about it but haven't had time. i appreciate your efforts.

d9

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
nice pics d9. thanks for the compilation zeke. Its starting to come together.

thanks! i thought everyone would like an update on the g13. it grew 7" in 8 days. the stem at the medium is the size of my index finger. tight internode structure. and the 11 fingered leaves are straight out of 10,000 b.c. 2 more weeks of veg or 30-32" and it goes to flower.

later

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
this would be redundant, just use a fatter wick, if you want it to drain faster, but this system doesn't require high speed water movement

I don't think there would be a significant diff except for it may drain faster.

If the short wick was short enough, it may actually just stop draining and the reset of the water would go down the long wick.

It seems like extra work with no benefit.

Some how, I thought that's what the answer was gonna b. Thanks.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
More yield! HA! D9, what's your ultimate target? You've blown away your starting figures (5+ OZ) and have gotten to, unless I missed something, 22 OZ. /plant/week. That is sick, for indoors.
Have you ever tried two wicks? One empty one, that contains a short cloth wick, would assure any pulse nutrient that reaches the bottom of the pot, drips directly to the bottom of the rez, while still maintaining the PWT at the controlled height, or am I smokin' too much?

i wish it were 22 zips per week but that's just one plant. i would say i'm averaging a little over 16 right now. i just had one dry to 15.09 so it varies.

i'm hoping to drive the average up by tweaking a little here and there.

who knows where it will go? i've got ideas i can't implement until i move. i'm out of space physically here and electrically i'm out of headroom to expand lighting.

can you smoke too much?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
i wish it were 22 zips per week but that's just one plant. i would say i'm averaging a little over 16 right now. i just had one dry to 15.09 so it varies.

i'm hoping to drive the average up by tweaking a little here and there.

who knows where it will go? i've got ideas i can't implement until i move. i'm out of space physically here and electrically i'm out of headroom to expand lighting.

can you smoke too much?

Sometime, when I start to ramble, I wonder if I've smoked too much.. to make sence. You're going to move because you're only gaining a pound a week? My hero. 22oz, even once, is giving you alot of motivation, I'll bet. Any way, I'm sending the $$$ in for the G13. 11 leaves. Only one leaf or many? I notice you have your pulse feed rised. What's your logic for that?

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Sometime, when I start to ramble, I wonder if I've smoked too much.. to make sence. You're going to move because you're only gaining a pound a week? My hero. 22oz, even once, is giving you alot of motivation, I'll bet. Any way, I'm sending the $$$ in for the G13. 11 leaves. Only one leaf or many? I notice you have your pulse feed rised. What's your logic for that?

i'm going to move for a lot of reasons, but i do have a light/plant arrangement in mind that should greatly enhance yield without driving up the electric bill. i don't have the shape or size room for that here.

i also want to go with a full closed environment chamber approach which would enable me to run co2. i can't do that here because of ventilation and temperature control.

i want dedicated heating and cooling. separate systems with digital controls. right now i have to switch things on and off manually, open and close doors, etc. that is all going to be automated.

finally, ultimate stealth. i plan to make some of my own electricity and use a dual meter scheme so no one bill has either a set pattern of time of use or a discernible "average". we have those electronic meters here that are read from a truck driving by.

heavy shielding and insulation.

other stuff too just to make life easier like an overhead mesh to hang things from and tie branches to. a mesh attached to the walls too.

on the g13, i have several leaves with 11 now. as it has grown the first few leaves were 5 fingered, then 7, then 9. it seemed to increase with nodal growth, like 5 at 2 or 3 nodes, 7 at 4 or 5, and so on.

i'm phasing out the "john guest" fittings and going to drip t's with the pulse system. elevating them an inch keeps them cleaner and spreads the pattern out a little more.

later

Last edited:

Carboy

Delta9~
When you do the build, I sure hope you document it.
You certainly have the craftsmanship and would be a pleasure to watch it come together. Looks like you've put a great deal of thought into what you want and how to get there.
Best of luck --------CB

i'm going to move for a lot of reasons, but i do have a light/plant arrangement in mind that should greatly enhance yield without driving up the electric bill. i don't have the shape or size room for that here.

i also want to go with a full closed environment chamber approach which would enable me to run co2. i can't do that here because of ventilation and temperature control.

i want dedicated heating and cooling. separate systems with digital controls. right now i have to switch things on and off manually, open and close doors, etc. that is all going to be automated.

finally, ultimate stealth. i plant to make some of my own electricity and use a dual meter scheme so no one bill has either a set pattern of time of use or a discernible "average". we have those electronic meters here that are read from a truck driving by.

other stuff too just to make life easier like an overhead mesh to hang things from and tie branches to. a mesh attached to the walls too.

on the g13, i have several leaves with 11 now. as it has grown the first few leaves were 5 fingered, then 7, then 9. it seemed to increase with nodal growth, like 5 at 2 or 3 nodes, 7 at 4 or 5, and so on.

i'm phasing out the "john guest" fittings and going to drip t's with the pulse system. elevating them an inch keeps them cleaner and spreads the pattern out a little more.

later

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran

finally, ultimate stealth. i plant to make some of my own electricity and use a dual meter scheme so no one bill has either a set pattern of time of use or a discernible "average". we have those electronic meters here that are read from a truck driving by.

later

32Oz target, I see. Good luck with the move. You have a plan!

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
32Oz target, I see. Good luck with the move. You have a plan!

i don't have a target because if i did i couldn't hit it. my technique is to fall into a pile of shit and see if i can come up smelling like roses. it's amazing what someone can accomplish if they are about to drown in a cesspool.

what's the most effective bilge pump in the world? a scared man with a bucket!

my moving plans are down the road and are going to have to wait a while. but i can dream, can't i?

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
oh god, me too.

I f'n hate that soooooooooooo much

i hate it too. i have a big heat pump with a single analog thermostat in a hallway far away from the grow.

i have to switch it back and forth between heat and cool. i have over time learned how to set it by using current outside temps, predictions for overnight outside temps, current inside temps at thermostat, current and forecast overnight temps in the flower and veg areas, opening and closing floor registers. a lot of shit.

i can't tell you how i arrive at decisions. it's become intuitive, but i still screw up sometimes.

i have a door to the flower area that must be opened and closed but i have my first dark period in veg timed to begin with the dark period in flower so instead of having to get up by alarm at 6 am i get a 4 hour reprieve. as long as i shut the door by 10 am i'm cool.

all easily corrected bullshit but i can't sink any more money into this place this close to moving.

tomorrow the og nukush goes into veg in a ppk as a production plant. of the beans from cck this strain is the most precocious. in veg right now it's showing multiple pistils at almost every node in the top of the plant.

i'm hoping to start the rene x nuken next week.

time for a big bowl, later on

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Delta9~
When you do the build, I sure hope you document it.
You certainly have the craftsmanship and would be a pleasure to watch it come together. Looks like you've put a great deal of thought into what you want and how to get there.
Best of luck --------CB

hi, carboy! thank you!

jjfoo

i have over time learned how to set it by using current outside temps, predictions for overnight outside temps, current inside temps at thermostat, current and forecast overnight temps in the flower and veg areas, opening and closing floor registers. a lot of shit.

you're a working farmer

Making use of what you have access is good training. You gain lots of expertise. You will have a great idea of what you really need. I am into good equipment but, sometimes you make poor choices purchasing if you lack the background.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
you're a working farmer

Making use of what you have access is good training. You gain lots of expertise. You will have a great idea of what you really need. I am into good equipment but, sometimes you make poor choices purchasing if you lack the background.

Man, are you on the money with that statement. I have so many, now useless, purchases from inexperience. Not to mention, sometimes, " WTF was I thinking when I bought that!". Mr D9, along with others, jjfo, has saved me from a life of frivolous expenditures.

zeke99

Hey D9:

re: 8-4-8-4

To clarify your findings, if shorter, bushier plants are desired, this light cycle is beneficial in the veg cycle once one has used a light meter and found the approximate plant positioning for 1500 umol? I bought the el cheapo hydrofarm version and am using the 10/1 conversion. I'm all vertical and the veg bulb is a 1k Hortilux Metal Halide.

jjfoo

zeke,

just some feedback, I have found that the cheap meters are an example of getting wht you pay for, maybe my unit was broken , but it worked so bad, I returned it or threw it out

I'd say at the best case they are not very accurate compared to a light meter that would be used by a horticulturalist or a photographer, but those are $100+

zeke99

zeke,

just some feedback, I have found that the cheap meters are an example of getting wht you pay for, maybe my unit was broken , but it worked so bad, I returned it or threw it out

I'd say at the best case they are not very accurate compared to a light meter that would be used by a horticulturalist or a photographer, but those are $100+

Yeah I know, you get what you pay for. The device at least appears to be working though.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Hey D9:

re: 8-4-8-4

To clarify your findings, if shorter, bushier plants are desired, this light cycle is beneficial in the veg cycle once one has used a light meter and found the approximate plant positioning for 1500 umol? I bought the el cheapo hydrofarm version and am using the 10/1 conversion. I'm all vertical and the veg bulb is a 1k Hortilux Metal Halide.

hi, zeke! this is all very experimental and i haven't really drawn any hard conclusions yet. it appears to be working in that the plants are reaching approx the same size under this schedule as they did under the other light regimes in the same time frame. 4 weeks and 30-32".

i don't know anything about that meter so i can't help you there. you mentioned a 10/1 conversion so it must convert from foot candles. this can be very inaccurate as fc's are "weighted" to the human eye interpretation of the spectrum, which is not quite the same as what the plant "sees". there is no direct conversion.

your mh bulb runs hotter than a hps so be careful not to burn your plants. i would start it at least 20" out from the plant and work them in closer a little at a time.

Last edited: