What's new

Parvo Virus....

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Yall think a lil weeds would help my dog with his parvo? Hes on the medication but still throwin up, wonder if it would help him get an apetite n calm the stomach....

terry the trich

The only thing other than weed that might stop the vomiting is dramamine, but i wouldnt suggest that because the toxic dose isnt very high for humans let alone dogs. At least with weed there isnt really a known toxic dose. How you planning to administer it? Would it be like a blowback? If he wont eat then oral isnt going to work.. unless its some cannabutter smeared on his lips.

Peace,

Tel...:wave:

HydroJen

...couldn't hurt?
If he dont like smoke in his face, maybe a drop of tincture?
Poor buddy! I hope he finds relief!

supermanlives

Veteran
my best dog ever had parvo. he made it with my help . get a syringe without needle a big one and force feed liquid nutrition and water. the vet can reccomend a liquid . do it now and dont stop . put the syringe in his mouth with his head between your legs legs and massage his throat ase you squeeze the syringe.keep putting it back in there. hang on buddie you can pull him through. i went on a drinking spree and every time i had a beer i switched between water and liquid food each time . dog recovered fully in 3 weeks

Classic Seeds

Veteran
a vet and medicine is all that will help parvo and the pot could make your dogs brain swell and cause spasms and brain damage if the virus has allready swelled the brain aloha and good luck with your vets help the dog will be fine if you caught it in time

supermanlives is right fluids and more fluids . My old dog got parvo way back in the early 80s she was one of the first cases the vet had seen or anyone for that matter . he pumped fluid day after day and she made full recovery lived to be 15!!

supermanlives

Veteran
right on bro^^^^^ i was mad at the vet after all he said was we have given all the treatments with antiobiotics and such we can . then he said we are just hooking the dog up to an iv. i said gimme my dog back he will die at home . well he didnt die but the local liquor store became my friend.i just kept alternating with liquid food and water. my dog didnt mind the throat massage to make him swallow.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
yep i got some liquids from the vet i inject under the skin, electrolytes, antibiotics and antiivomiting.... jus feal like there should be somethin else i can do.....

supermanlives

Veteran
pray my friend and talk to the dog calmly and tell him its ok. dogs might not know the words but they understand the tone of your voice. best of luck

NorCal

Veteran
Lost my baby of 6 years to cancer after doing everything in my power to save him, took him to Davis and everything for chemotherapy yet after 4 short months and an initial prognosis of at least 2 years I had to put him down 3 days after my bday. Got 2 new pus that same week and they got parvovirus. I wanted to treat them but the vet gave me an estimate ranging from $8500-17000 per dog. That's not a typo. I pretty much had to put them down that day. Worst week of my life. I did research shortly after and found out that colloidal silver can work wonders but not always. You may want to look into that. I'm really sorry though, hang in there buddy.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
hes doin good, hasnt thrown up since I started givin him the medicine, even been drinking water on his own! Im pretty sure hes gonna pull through. Thanks yall for the support. I didnt give him no weeds.

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
Good to hear your pooch is doing better GET. One thing I would recommend if your vet hasn't already taken care of it is, to watch for corona virus as well. Parvo and corona seem to show up together in a lot of cases. Most of the shots dogs get for Parvo have medicine to treat both...just saying. Corona is every bit as bad ime. Good luck dude,and scratch your dogs ears for me. Take care

C

Cookie monster

hes doin good, hasnt thrown up since I started givin him the medicine, even been drinking water on his own! Im pretty sure hes gonna pull through. Thanks yall for the support. I didnt give him no weeds.

Great to hear man.
Me and the pups will have paws pressed in prayer for a speedy recovery.

My big guy was sick recently with a very nasty bladder infection, he ate feck all for 2 weeks and lost 4-5 kilos, your guy will probably have lost some weight as well.

The vet put my guy on a high carb diet once the infection was subsiding to put the weight back on quickly, 3 weeks later and he's back to his usual 40 kilos of boxer madness.

Have a chat with the vet about a diet change during recovery, it worked wonders for my guy.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
force feed liquid food and water..get a big plastic syringe ..put dogs head between you legs,, tilt back head and massage throat to get it all down...been there done that ..dog recovered real quick my way...yeehaw...parvo aint the killer it used to be if caught early...

I had one of my dogs get par of scary thing he pulled through but it wasn't fun hope everyone has the same results and have there fur baby live

Green Squall

Glad to hear your pooch is ok. Was he vaccinated? If I remember correctly I think my dog got the 5 in 1 shot annually.

G

I've read that feeding the dog activate charcoal is helpful in the struggle with parvo. No personal experience though.

Latest posts

Latest posts