What's new

"Partnering" with the landlord of the house

Ajunta Pall

Depends on where the grow is, if it's in a common area I would say yes. If grow is locked in a room you have no access to, then you could claim to not know about it. Small grows are way easy to hide so if the house gets raided then someone's fucking up big time.

DrFever

Veteran
Being straight up partnering with anyone is a gong show,just waiting to happen,
just a matter of time when things will go south one partner does more then other or doesn't like how he or she does things trust issues almost 100 percent of the time will come into effect , then there is the stealing part one accusing other of stealing buds one has more gear then other etc ,
IMO like above posts mentioned maybe help each other out but stay seperate non partners whats your is yours what his is his

T

Terlihat

Just one more person who knows about the grow.
How do you know he's not going to invite his buddies around to see "yours and his grow?"
And what if his buddies say, can I have a bud or two? And even though they are not ready yet he breaks some of "your" buds off the plant.
If you are going to do it make sure he buys all the grow equipment, and you just water them sometimes, that way if things go south you haven't lost anything.

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
partners......

partners......

Usually When partnering up one guy has the gear/ know how , the other has the house, Money to setup.

Also depends what kinda guy they r ,.... Personality ?.
R they workers?, will they actually take care of the plants at all? , will they listen to your instruction on what to do ?

The way I see it, The energy I put into partnering with someone and only taking 30-50% of the haul, just isnt worth the headache, I put that extra energy into my own show, or setting up a second spot you get 100% of,...

Better to just stay friends , not biz partners:ying:

TS

Max Yields

Deleted "Partners" Pic

Deleted "Partners" Pic

That guy that put the two gay guys as "partners" pic with the smoke coming out of his mouth n all, that got deleted, had me ROFLMAO!!!!

Come to think of it that is a highly possible outcome. Your walking on very thin ice with partners & you CAN get fucked.

T

Terlihat

Let him grow it by himself and then steal his buds, just enough so he will be unsure if he smoked them or not.
Anyway who needs a partner to grow a measly five plants? He's probably trying to get you involved so he has someone to pass the buck to if he get's busted.

Tyga

Veteran
Been growing on and off with a partner for 3 years or so and it's been a damn roller coaster... dude currently doesn't even live there! But his mom and sister do and I just go in, be quite and do my biz and bounce.
It sucks... I provide all gear,knowledge, money etc. he provides NOTHING besides the house which isn't technically his... and he still gets half.
Ps. I pay the electric also..... I consider this more of a learning curve so when I'm rocking my own place I'm good from the get-go and not going threw a "Learning curve" when rent has to be payed every month.

K

kush kings

It's a tricky situation..let's say the cops kick in your door. they will ask you do you live there?,did you know anything about the grow. what is your relationship with the owner? have you ever seen his grow before? etc... Keep in mind that they're in the other room asking the owner of the house the same thing. if the owner say "yeah thats my boy he lives here" and you tell another cop "I was just stopping by" you might go to jail. your best bet is to ASK FOR A LAWYER AND SHUT UP

T

Terlihat

When you are growing you have to be a lone ranger, if you are not capable of operating on your own then don't do it.
In Tyga's situation above way too many people know about it already, and that's not counting the 20 or so other people they have told.
I think that just about every bust results from snitches; and how do they know to snitch?
Because you have told them or shown them.
Lets face it; you are growing in your own home, no light leaks, no plants sitting on display for the neighbours to see, no smell, so how is leo going to know you are growing?
They don't know and they never will unless someone tells them so.
If you value your freedom then don't bring anyone else into the equation; you can control what you do but you can't control what they do.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
You should only go forward with this if you're ready for him to screw you out of any of the plants and possibly everyone who's ever known him or his friends knowing you grow.

If you're ready to go in looking at it like an opportunity to grow some plants, and maybe get a small cut of the harvest after busting your ass, then go for it. I'm telling you right now, if he's like a lot of people, you'll get partway through the grow, he'll start breaking down the financials in his head, how he's taking the risk owning the house, and maybe even how he has the real knowledge, and then its basically game over for you. That's when you get the fun decision of whether to take the hit and keep the place or speak up and get booted from the house, bad rental reference on the way out, and a guy who's mad at you for no good reason.

If you think you're getting half the harvest, just walk away right now.

just my .02. everyone is different.

blackosprey

So far, no one has mentioned "guilty by omission." That's right, if the LEO ever did bust down the door and pull up your 5 plants (highly unlikey they really care about that small of an op), and you have no way to prove you did not know the grow was taking place (like homeowner has the spot in a padlocked room you have no access to, or is hidden from plain view by some stealthy measures), then you are guilty of the same crime by not turning in the homeowner.
This offense is usually used in reference to child and elderly abuse crimes, but the statute would also apply to your situation.
And like others have said, if you are already aware of the consequences and looking for a way to cover your ass, you should maybe rethink your priorities and not participate.

I see a big red flag. A one man job turned into a partnership with an inexperienced partner.

A rookie isn't the worst part. Partnering with the the owner/master lease holder is a bad idea.

They are in fucking charge of a one man job and you are the low man on the scrotum pole.

It gets better, rookies, 'my brother used to grow' and 'I heards' suck. They have no clue or totally unrealistic expectations.

Two people to grow five plants...what are his expected yield.

Back to you how can you 'minimize your risk'.....I'd start by SOLOING a one man job is just that.

More importantly keep it on a 'need to know basis'...which means just that. If you want to chat/brag/swap info or war stories go to an anonymous web site.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Listen to Firsttracks - some truth spoken there!

Remember the 3 simple rules to avoid cuffs:

No TELL
No smell
No sell

Stay SAFE!

Break rule #1 - you fail. "period"

dank.Frank

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
If you were blowing up a basement or a bedroom that would be one thing. A small tent with five plants is chump change in the grand scheme of things. Could it get you and the landlord in trouble? You're damn right.

Cover all the bases and keep a low profile. And remember loose lips sink ships.

-Funk

JOJO420

Veteran
2 guys to grow 5 small plants,lol .. Why even bother, risk outweighs reward, unless you live somewhere where you cant get herb.

Latest posts

Latest posts