What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Paraguayan Empire - THC Magazine (translate)

View attachment 18954469

PARAGUAYAN EMPIRE
FROM PRESSING MEADO TO THE PINITO REVOLUTION
WHO AND HOW THEY KNEAD OUR DAILY BREAD

View attachment 18954470

OUR DAILY BREAD

By Mariel Fatecha
Photos Amadeo Volaaruez / Wallir Bofinger

THEY ARRIVED BY CHANCE. AND A LOT OF CURIOSITY
WHILE MAKING A TOURIST GUIDE OF THE GREAT GUARANÍ NATION. IN PASSING THEY INSPECTED THE
FARM, THEY CLEARED THE MISUNDERSTANDINGS AND CLOSED A NEW DIPLOMATIC AGREEMENT
WE ARE ALL ARGENGUAYANS (Argentina + Paraguay)

You buy bread and don't ask who kneads it. I lived for ten years, there I met my partner (Amadeo, a photographer for the ABC color newspaper), and it never occurred to me to visit the fields where, after mate, the most popular herb in this country is grown. I had my reasons, several died in the attempt. The first was a correspondent of the newspaper Noticias in Pedro Juan Caballero, "the capital of marijuana": Santiago Leguizamón fell with 21 shots to his body on April 26, 1991, while Journalist's Day was being celebrated in Paraguay. They say that he had a photo of Pablo Escobar with Fahd Yamdl (a drug lord from the area) and the then president Andrés Rodríguez.

As fate would have it, Amadeo and I met "Pedrojuan" - as the locals of this city say - in the middle of the Carnaval season, while we were working on the content of a tourist guide about the country. Pedrojuan is the capital of the department of Amanbay and is linked to Ponta Porã, in Brazil, through Avenida Internacional.

View attachment 18954473

Note: ?????? is a unreadable word

The parties with tribute to the king (??????) gained fame for the abundance of marijuana and cocaine. Cannabis trafficking employs more than half of the population, covered with a cloak of silence when they want to talk about the subject.

We had arrived at noon, tired of the heat and two typical places of interest that we had been checking out. The room we got was near the popular market, (??????) of this city, which looks like a big mess of tangled streets. There, we tried to sleep with the music at full volume coming from the stationary opposite where a nightclub was operating. After a while, a couple of shots were heard and the music stopped. A few minutes later, an ambulance siren. When it was gone, the music and the party continued. They took out a Brazilian boy with a shot, but he did save. "It's something normal here, last week we were with some friends drinking tereré next door when a truck passed by at full speed and drive-by shooted (with a machine gun) the house in front, João, a young man from Ponta Porã who lives on the Paraguayan side, told us the next day. "If you don't mess with the mafia, the mafia won't mess with you", he warned us when we wanted to know more about the issue.

They say that the "safest" way to reach the kitchen of traffic is to wait for a police operation; Ours was a contact of Amadeo: the ABC Color correspondent in Amambay, Cándido Figueredo. In his chronicles always mentioned a town near Pedrojuan that does not appear in my travel guide, but really deserves to be recorded, nothing less than a place where 60 percent of all the marijuana that Paraguay produces is amassed. Captain Bado.

View attachment 18954489

Cándido survives day by day in a hostile territory, where the silent war between drug traffickers leaves, on average, ten dead per month. He is a burly, rustic-looking, loud-speaking man who hits fifty. Four years ago, due to a series of his articles about the drug lords of Captain Bado, the newspaper's headquarters in Pedrojuan was shot up. "In that area, I estimate, is grown the most coveted macoña in America and probably in the world."

The favorite place to dump lifeless bodies (theirs is worth $50,000) is International Avenue because "the police don't investigate until they know if the dead person is Brazilian or Paraguayan, it's no man's land." Cándido has also received threats from the police forces that protect drug trafficking and his house has already been blown up with bullets, twice. For this reason, he is guarded by the police... and a 45 caliber pistol in waist (with a spare magazine). During the talk with his editorial staff, the name of Waldir Bofinger, the director of "capitanbado.com", comes up. He is a Brazilian journalist who lives in that town, three hours away of Pedrojuan and that distance can give us a good walk.

In the newspaper ABC, Amadeo tells me on the way out, Cándido is more popular for his strange hobbies than for his notes. He collects, as if they were stamps, photos of mutilated corpses, some without hands, others without heads and all with bullets in the heart. His personal relics also include a collection of drug trafficker skulls that he collected over the years during his visits to the clandestine cemeteries of Amambay.

Half of the Paraguayan population is peasants. Out of a total of 5,200,000 inhabitants, 2% own 75% of all land.

THE CAPTAIN'S VERSES
"It's the rainy season, Captain Bado is isolated. It's best for you to buy the ticket back there", they told us at the ticket office. It was the last warning before getting on the bus and heading down a narrow dirt road and traveling 120 kilometers on a quite ugly and inaccessible embankment. An old lady who sat in the back asked us why we were going there, I lied naturally and enthusiastically: "We are making a tourist guide." "How good, it's a beautiful place, don't forget to go to the waterfalls. Aguaray is 88 meters high", she said proudly. Through the window you could see the hills and forests where a good part of the growers live, nearby. Of the dry border with the Matto Grosso do Sul, southern from Amazonia in Brazil.

View attachment 18954490

"Planting marijuana is now a tradition, a family business. Something that grandfather passes on to his children and they pass on to their grandchildren," Waldir Bofinger tells us as we walk towards his house. He is a "Brasiguayan" who speaks in Portuñol, Captain Bado's lingua franca, given to offering his help without respecting our nap time. "Pitch the tent in the yard," he says before scurrying off to find his hammock.

In the afternoon we tour the city, quite organized and despite being isolated in terms of routes (half of the streets are paved, the houses are made of brick and there are many schools, colleges and even universities). Bofinger tells us that getting from Captain Bado to the plantations is a challenge. In fact, they are within a radius of 20 to 100 kilometers. We can approach by car, stop at a certain place and continue a long day on foot through the mountains. It gets dark.

The first sentence that Bofinger utters, already between the table and sitting in his dining room, is brutal: "Capitán Bado is one of the cities in Paraguay with the highest percentage of widows." The girls want to stay with the drug traffickers because of their money and the good life they lead, but they have a very short lifespan, at most they reach 35 years." Although the peasants mostly pay the price when the corrupt police officers need to justify their salaries and the business doesn't either. Sure for the bosses, they still prefer to marry "the seed owners." The worst massacre was between 1995 and 2001, when the bloodthirsty Brazilian drug trafficker Fernandinho Beira Mar, considered one of the largest drug and weapons smugglers in the Americas, was in Captain Bado.

SWALLOWS
Early, very early, the sun turns the tent into a hive. Before leaving, Bofinger watches Amadeo's camera and demands, for safety, that we forget about it. -"I'll make sure we come back with everyone, and alive," he jokes. In a warehouse far from the urban center, we contacted a farmer who knows another, who knows about another, who would have a farm where he grows corn, cassava and, a little more hidden, Brazilian cannabis (considered one of the best sativas in the world).

View attachment 18954491

The only way to get there is to walk for almost an hour along a long tapepoí, Guaraní name for those narrow paths made by walkers in the mountains. We are welcomed by a wrinkled old man with a privileged physique, who works the land with his children and grandchildren. He is outraged that Captain Bado does not appear in the guide they commissioned us to do. "This was the granary of the north, we gave corn and wheat to the entire country for years," he tells us. He has also planted soybeans, but cannabis is his main crop.

We asked about the plants. Grandfather avoids my gaze and asks for discretion. He says that for a decade the Brazilians took over the area and murdered entire families who, like his, grew up in small plots of 10 square meters and they took out between 30 and 50 kilos. Now there are people who go deep into the mountains with batteries, machete and food. They clear five, six hectares, and with bad luck, they get two tons per hectare," the old man complains and sips a glass of cane. "Aristocrat" in the dining room, improvised under a thatched roof at the entrance to the ranch. Nobody gets rich by farming, but sometimes it serves to pay for the pleasure.

While one of his grandchildren prepares "Mbeyu", a delicious cassava starch tortilla that is cooked over firewood, he tells us that the sawmills depleted the forests and the growers who hide in the mountains find it difficult to hide their plants. "There are also more military - he adds -, that is why many are going to settle in (the departments of) Canindeyú, Caazapá or Itapúa".

I ask him if he is afraid of growing marijuana and he smiles: "It's like planting cassava or yerba mate. We are in this because my grandchildren can't get jobs, there isn't a single industry here." In fact, one of his children is camping in the mountain where he planted cannabis and only his wife sees him from time to time: "She helps him by picking the leaves, cutting the plants and the buds."

The farmers' stay in the large plantations lasts at least three months. Right there they mount the presser on the stem of a tree. They earn approximately 6 dollars a day for cultivating and ensuring the harvest. Bofinger told us that a kilo of cotton is paid for 38 cents and that of marijuana is 1.9 cents dollars. "Some - the old man gossips - take the younger indigenous women who live nearby and pay them for the company." The rate varies according to the service and averages 35 thousand guaranies (7 dollars); Of course, the payments have their equivalent in spices, be they "wax balls" (hashish) or any type of food (rice, grass, cane or noodles, etc.).

View attachment 18954493

We get up after eating Mbeyu and follow the old man who heads towards the farm where he grows Mandiogaypi (cassava in Guarani). Amadeo asks him, with the greatest possible respect, if he smokes marijuana. "No, here the only one who smokes is the one who buys." I look at one of his grandchildren who is accompanying us, machete in hand, and he smiles at me. He will be 17 or 18 years old and does not seem to agree with that "in the blacksmith's house, a wooden knife."

We cross about a hundred meters between the cassava paths, pass some trees and see the monstrous plants: 80 bushes piled up more than five feet tall with relict buds under an implacable sun. "In one or two weeks we will harvest," he tells his grandson, who is amusing himself by pruning a plant to give us some flowers (then he will scrape his hands and show me a brown ball of hashish).

His method consists of planting five seeds in the same place and keeping the ones that grow later and survive. Thus, he reveals that he has been improving the species, since the plants that grow first are usually males. To germinate again he uses the seeds "that fall to the ground during the harvest", because a male always escapes and ends up pollinating some plants. The harvest needs to dry in the open air for 2 to 3 days. The old man assures that he, unlike the mountain growers, dries the branches under the trees to preserve the aroma.

He told him that in Buenos Aires they say that Paraguayan marijuana comes messed (pissed). "Why would we do that?" he asks me naively. I try to get out of trouble by telling him that the pressing comes with a very strong smell, like ammonia. He tells me that they don't sell ammonia in the town and that the bad smell could come from the presses: "They put them in almost green, they are all sticky and they will surely rot over time," he says angrily (it is worth clarifying that the smell of ammonia from the pressing comes from the degradation of nitrogen, produced by the high humidity of the plants when they are compacted). His grandson adds that some press the plants with stones, charcoal and other waste to increase the weight of the bricks. It's hard not to believe them.

The sky begins to cloud. The old man estimates that we have 12 hours left before the harsh drops fall. "It's going to rain for a few days," he says, worried about bringing forward the harvest to that same afternoon. Amadeo and I quicken our pace, we don't have a return ticket to Pedrojuán and we must write the guide to that city. Captain Bado will not appear in it, but the fresh buds that we put in the backpack will brighten the memory.

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
It’s a pleasure to have South and Central America people and/or topics to talk too. That’s where I am from but haven’t been back to South America in more than a decade. My latest adventure was in Guatemala (Tikal and backdown) but could not get any valuable seed. I have family in Chile and Colombia due to forced migration, but I would like to explore Argentina, Brasil or Paraguay. The best kept secrets are where most people don’t go to.
I could always go and hunt genetics in Venezuela but it would be extremely difficult and dangerous… I rather leave it to any other brave seed hunter, Venezuela has probably the worst cannabis policy in South America.
Amazonian varieties have been my dream now that I am aware of how rare they are (probably undisturbed), and also the hypothesis that the Americas had its own genotype cultivated by all our ancestors before colonialism arrived with Bengali hemp genetics to our continent (bringing first massive hybridization in the last 2 centuries)… that’s a really big debate.

It’s a pleasure to read articles like the one you shared. Brings out lot of passion and pride of South American genetics and their potential.
Maduro. Chavez has his point, but everything finishes with a dictatorship.
All these governments... We dont have a train from coast to coast, Atlantic to Pacific.. even roads. Places that would attract zillions of tourists but no...
A long time ago I was in Bahia and asked about seeds... Its a very strange behavior, if u ask for seeds, people just disappears. If u try to get some buds, it may work. I left with no seeds and I knew some folks there. Northeast is a little close to me, the forest is not.. I dont even know where to start in Amazonas or Para, mostly stories I've heard were about Ayahuasca... Erva de Santa Maria just in the books, but the sources I read about point for a man, Raimundo Irineu, who left Northeast and moved to the forest to extract rubber from the Seringueiras and started a sort of cult mixing ancient treats from the forest and from the sandlands...
Need to dive into this.

But I believe that Cannabis were here before Columbus. Have no solid resources to make a point, but there are several archeologists studying ancient tribes from the region... May have found some clue, it's very complicated for spiritual usages.

A person from Supreme Court called Cristiano Zanin is also lawyer of actual President.
This person voted against recreational usage, if he had voted in favor, which he should considering his speech and political position, now I would be growing up to 6 female plants legally. I believe in strong ties to the cartels. Which makes a narcostate. USA is also a narcostate but they're rich and respect more individual freedom. Communism died in 89 with the Berlin Wall, then the Perestroika... These guys are completely anachronistic.

I'll talk to a weed dealer tomorrow, try to get some brick seeds. I'm trying to convince him to separate the seeds he may find... and its not working. I dont want that dope but the seeds....

funkyhorse

What you mean with scene? Pop scene?
I mean canna scene. The canna people behave like if they would be rockstars, many myths and legends
So by the time of this you were just born

In the 80s all our countries were getting rid of the dictatorships but still plenty of influence from the Operation Condor
I read about pito de pango. To this day I still call my spliffs pito. But this was in 1830 and I wasnt there, I dont know
But I was in Rio just before Verao da Lata and some friends went to Rock in Rio and they told what it was.
All cans started to arrive to shore in march 1988 after the summer, it doesnt make much sense to call it verao da lata. I always called it fumo da lata, this was the name many people knew this back then and of course it is the most iconic history for us in SA but outside of SA nobody knows shit about any of this. The cans went south and they even arrived to Rio Grande do Sul and to the Rocha department coast in Uruguay
So before fumo da lata arrived, there was no cabeca de negra, no cabrobó scene, there was no white widow, nobody heard of haze, there were no seedbanks selling bullshit and there was no paraguayan weed in Brazil

In the 20th century weed was called maconha and it was treated as a very very dangerous drug and if you got caught with it you would have had a very very hard time
In fact there was very little paraguayan brick back then arriving with travellers. It wasnt easily available at all. If you got paraguayan weed at that time, you would be the king of the morro
There was no internet and there was no THC magazines, so homegrowers had no clue how to grow weed
There was a lot of repression from the military, anyone wearing long hair was a hippy and a suspect of carrying very dangerous drugs

The local available weed in Brazil in Rio was low quality. Leaf and little undeveloped flowers with no high. It was locally grown, there was no brick. Travellers from the south used to call this kind of weed lettuce

So the brazilian canna scene (yes, it is a full scenery with strains and poligonos da maconha coming out of nowhere) as you know it today was born after Fumo da Lata and the impact it made on the brazilian society

But of course, you are much closer and you know better :
"Rey Momo" in Paraguay:
I have no clue about carnivals and all the characters belonging to it
The reason I know the article refers to King Momo is because 15 years ago when I thought all this weed will be forever available, I was rolling my paraguayan brick spliffs on the cover of this magazine, I read about King Momo in the article and I asked who is this king to my friends

Bottom half of SA has less influence from African cults
Middle and north its present in almost all manifestations
Have you been in the bottom half of SA recently??? I think Chile is different
I left SA after that first Rock in Rio and I was on holidays by the time of fumo da lata and I just came back 6 years ago
What I am seeing now is an africanization of the local culture. I see a lot of altars, veneration to all kinds of saints, gods and religious syncretism I didnt see in the 80s at all. Things are changed big time.
I feel like a time traveller from the 80s and find it hard to adapt to today´s standards. Very different
candomble is strong in the south

there's a lot of pure sativas on that area (Paraguay, Argentina and South Brasil)
It is all the same weed, it is all coming from the paraguayan brick
I believe Manga Rosa and all those brazilian legends and myths from the 90s are local adaptations of paraguayan brick seed which is tropical to the equator. There was no Manga Rosa in the 80s

Eltitoguay

Well, I'm sure you're both right: usages and customs, and culture in general, change over time: Brazil and the rest of Iberian America surely had a (more or less widespread) culture of recreational use of cannabis since colonial times ( To date and to my knowledge, all historiographic and botanical evidence points to the fact that cannabis arrived in America with the first importation of seeds from Hernán Cortés); but that culture is modified, or even almost disappears, only to reappear later, or become extinct, depending on historical circumstances.

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
I left SA after that first Rock in Rio and I was on holidays by the time of fumo da lata and I just came back 6 years ago
What I am seeing now is an africanization of the local culture. I see a lot of altars, veneration to all kinds of saints, gods and religious syncretism I didnt see in the 80s at all. Things are changed big time.
I feel like a time traveller from the 80s and find it hard to adapt to today´s standards. Very different

Well, globalization is all around. In southern cone brazilians are called "macaquitos" because of the Paraguayan war. The war was from Brazil-Argentina-Uruguay against Paraguay. The only black people involved in this conflict were brazilian soldiers. Even now, hard to believe that there are black communities and these communities has some relevance in Buenos Aires o Montevideo, Candomblé houses and macumba in the crossroads... but if u say so 'ill believe...

All cans started to arrive to shore in march 1988 after the summer, it doesnt make much sense to call it verao da lata. I always called it fumo da lata

Everything is summer in Rio. Even if it happens in July, they would call it summer. Kind of annoying after some time... the most I like is "Veneno da Lata" from Fernanda Abreu music.

There was a lot of repression from the military, anyone wearing long hair was a hippy and a suspect of carrying very dangerous drugs

Thats why things start to appear after 1985. This is the last year of military right wing dictatorship in Brazil.
Before that, you were not crazy to keep talking about cannabis. The police comes and takes you to Pau de arara to spank you to death, just like they do in Saudi Arabia now. Better be quiet than be a dead man talking. Weed becomes a fever in the world because of counter-culture, woodstock summer 69 and all that shit. Then the dutches started this indoor thing along with cali people in the 60, for what I know. We were allowed to starting talking from 1985, and the lata thing came in 1987-88, so it was the first big cannabis thing here.

And Planet Hemp comes in the middle of the nineties...

The weed thing got some shape in this century with the help of boards like Cannabis Cafe and Grow Room here in Brazil. Internet helped a lot.

I believe Manga Rosa and all those brazilian legends and myths from the 90s are local adaptations of paraguayan brick seed which is tropical to the equator. There was no Manga Rosa in the 80s
Oh no, its not. Paraguayan cannabis came from Brazil, as stated in several texts including the THC one, said by old Paraguayan farmers. Black slavery was less dramatic in south than in center-north, could start quoting history books, any of them. Its not non-existent, but far from the numbers of northern places of SA. Its started in Potosi, 1545, but get really sick in century 17 and the huge mass of slaves came between 1750/1850, traded by portuguese and spanish jews, transported by english mercenaries working for the queen.
Cabeça de nego is a brazilian fruit. https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annona_crassiflora From there comes the name "marola" and "maroleiro", synonyms of "maconha" and "maconheiro".
These relations date back from century 18 or even before, nothing new here.

From where come the weed you call Mangobiche? This is not Colombian. Europeans and northamericans use to say that everything comes from Colombia because is the only country they dare to visit. You are growing a Brazilian finest just dont know from where it comes, using the yankee namings. Colombia were always an american backyard. In the end, they're the same strains in different places, since Brazil was the entrance door for slaveries in SA, it probably arrived here at first.

This song is from 1982. Hyped Reggae influenced by Bob Marley.
Manga Rosa is an homage to the weed. Also called as "Morango do Nordeste" recently.
Fools thinks he's talking about the fruit. Well, it is, but about the other fruit
First time I heard the name Cabeça de Nego was from a former roadie of Alceu Valença, Adilson, who worked with him for almost 10 years on the road.

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Well, I'm sure you're both right: usages and customs, and culture in general, change over time: Brazil and the rest of Iberian America surely had a (more or less widespread) culture of recreational use of cannabis since colonial times ( To date and to my knowledge, all historiographic and botanical evidence points to the fact that cannabis arrived in America with the first importation of seeds from Hernán Cortés); but that culture is modified, or even almost disappears, only to reappear later, or become extinct, depending on historical circumstances.
The same phenomenon of religious and cultural syncretism happened with plants as well. They brought plants from Europe, they took plants from here to there, from Brazil to Colombia, from Ecuador to Peru and Chile and vice versa...
Cortez? Maybe Columbus. I dont believe he would face that trip without resources to rebuild part of his caravels if he needed... If he found some land, he probably would find wood, but textiles.. wasn't a big thing carrying some packs of seeds, right?

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
You do cobs @funkyhorse
Had an idea
I'm waiting for Afghani#1
Will stuck a plant inside a can and forget it in the roof for six months
Will I revive the lata?
:jump:
:smokeit:

Eltitoguay

The same phenomenon of religious and cultural syncretism happened with plants as well. They brought plants from Europe, they took plants from here to there, from Brazil to Colombia, from Ecuador to Peru and Chile and vice versa...
Cortez? Maybe Columbus. I dont believe he would face that trip without resources to rebuild part of his caravels if he needed... If he found some land, he probably would find wood, but textiles.. wasn't a big thing carrying some packs of seeds, right?
An example of these cultural fluctuations can be seen in the topic that we discussed in parallel about King Momo and the Carnival: in my area, Momo was always the king of the carnival; But one year of food shortage in the interior of European Spain, the King and the nobility "donate" to the poor (the vast majority of the population), to alleviate hunger and prevent riots during that carnival, a large shipment of sardines. ...in poor condition. The people, as a criticism and protest, during the carnival of that year, replaced the very plump and overfed King Momo with a skeletal sardine... And from one year to the next, this new custom was implemented and spread to other parts of the Empire: The result is that in my area, now almost no one knows who King Momo is, or why other towns in other provinces celebrate him during carnival (or why for centuries ago our ancestors burned Momo Kings, and not sardines...): In other words, a simple historical event in the socioeconomic sphere changes and completely extinguishes an aspect of the cultural sphere that had remained unchanged (until that year) for as long as we could remember.

As for the first cannabis imported to America, it was not until it was decided to build the first shipyard there, and that was Cortés' idea to advance his competition and fight (even military) for new conquests towards the current north of Mexico and south of the USA, to the Governor of Jamaica and Adelantado of Pánuco (part of México), De Garay. Until then, naval expeditions carried their own spare parts, and on land, sails and cordage were imported from the metropolis.

elchischas

Veteran
I mean canna scene. The canna people behave like if they would be rockstars, many myths and legends
So by the time of this you were just born

In the 80s all our countries were getting rid of the dictatorships but still plenty of influence from the Operation Condor
I read about pito de pango. To this day I still call my spliffs pito. But this was in 1830 and I wasnt there, I dont know
But I was in Rio just before Verao da Lata and some friends went to Rock in Rio and they told what it was.
All cans started to arrive to shore in march 1988 after the summer, it doesnt make much sense to call it verao da lata. I always called it fumo da lata, this was the name many people knew this back then and of course it is the most iconic history for us in SA but outside of SA nobody knows shit about any of this. The cans went south and they even arrived to Rio Grande do Sul and to the Rocha department coast in Uruguay
So before fumo da lata arrived, there was no cabeca de negra, no cabrobó scene, there was no white widow, nobody heard of haze, there were no seedbanks selling bullshit and there was no paraguayan weed in Brazil

In the 20th century weed was called maconha and it was treated as a very very dangerous drug and if you got caught with it you would have had a very very hard time
In fact there was very little paraguayan brick back then arriving with travellers. It wasnt easily available at all. If you got paraguayan weed at that time, you would be the king of the morro
There was no internet and there was no THC magazines, so homegrowers had no clue how to grow weed

The local available weed in Brazil in Rio was low quality. Leaf and little undeveloped flowers with no high. It was locally grown, there was no brick. Travellers from the south used to call this kind of weed lettuce

So the brazilian canna scene (yes, it is a full scenery with strains and poligonos da maconha coming out of nowhere) as you know it today was born after Fumo da Lata and the impact it made on the brazilian society

I have no clue about carnivals and all the characters belonging to it
The reason I know the article refers to King Momo is because 15 years ago when I thought all this weed will be forever available, I was rolling my paraguayan brick spliffs on the cover of this magazine, I read about King Momo in the article and I asked who is this king to my friends

well... that's something very difficult to know hermano .
It is an extremely large area. We do not know well what phenotypes there are in each place and if they are closely related to each other. The ideal would be to collect and be able to grow them There is no one in South America interested unfortunately

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
well... that's something very difficult to know hermano .
It is an extremely large area. We do not know well what phenotypes there are in each place and if they are closely related to each other. The ideal would be to collect and be able to grow them There is no one in South America interested unfortunately
Yep, we need to grow all these seeds from SA, there is a lot. Some hybridized, some not.

There is a lot of information crossing each other and all of this must be considered. I think we have a point. I thank you @funkyhorse because one of your messages enlightened my mind.

Furthermore, I have a single plant from where I extracted two clones and will get ~50 seeds. I also want to grow more eurobuds but in terms of mission I got mine one. Maybe if we keep talking, we may gather more people around.

We must have a strain called "Guaraní".

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
As for the first cannabis imported to America, it was not until it was decided to build the first shipyard there, and that was Cortés' idea to advance his competition and fight (even military) for new conquests towards the current north of Mexico and south of the USA, to the Governor of Jamaica and Adelantado of Pánuco (part of México), De Garay. Until then, naval expeditions carried their own spare parts, and on land, sails and cordage were imported from the metropolis.
1280px-Kolumbus-Santa-Maria.jpg

Replica of the Spanish carrack Santa María - 1892

Makes sense, during colonial times there were a lot of beefs cause of that. Everything they wanted must came from the metropolis till the fleeing of Portuguese Royal Family in 1808. First crops here even before the black slaves were cotton and cane.