What's new

Paradise's Ice Cream

b8man

Veteran
picture.php

View image in gallery

Ice Cream Report

So, 5 feminized seeds, 4 germed, 1 lost to damping off, 3 grown for 63days under a 400w HPS using coco and adjusted Heads/lucas formula.

Two plants were scrogged with the third LST'd because it was smaller. All took well to the topping and training but yield was medium/low and trimming was tedious. I think for the next run I'll LST them or SOG them as they seemed to prefer it. There was variation in the growth of the three plants with some more vigorous, some with denser buds, but the overall effect was pretty consitant.

There's a deep and powerful garlicky/skunky/vanilla smell with sweet raspberry tones on 1 of the plants which also purpled nicely in the cold winter nights. After a longer cure I think the fruityness will make it a tasty smoke but the overriding flavor is not as sweet as the name implies on 2/3 plants. We'll see how it cures.

The buds look lovely and they have impressive trichome coverage. One plant produced lots of hard little buds, the other two produced nice, big chunky nuggets. The smoke was surprisingly smooth though you do have to remove stems from the grinder more so than other strains i have. The smoke flavor was a more pronounced version of the smell which worked nicely and lingered for a while.

The vape was about 70% stoned, 30% high. A swift bat to the head and you're a little dazed and saying whaaaaaa? a lot. Decent body element, good clear thinking until excessive consumption, slightly dizzying with mood lifting qualities/up element. Not likely to keep you awake and not a very good motivator strain but a nice chillout stone which doesn't cripple you mentally. Excess amounts hit hard making me extremely light sensitive and dry mouthed followed by a strong urge to lug that ol' red-eyed meat puppet to bed. Good fun for gaming, but might need a bit of sativa on the side to keep you going. Decent for bad movies.

Compared to Mandalas PNR this has the added dizzying element and is more de-motivating and couch-locky. PNR is more relaxing overall though and tastes better/stronger.

Method used for testing was Volcano vape and Plenty vape. Also tested in bongs and pipes but I prefer the vape.

Ok - to the pics....

picture.php

View image in gallery

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Lemme be the first to say wow I luved icecream especially the creamy vanilla berry pheno the burnt rubber pheno was SoSo enjy the harvest great pics thankyou

b8man

Veteran
Thanks guys.

Its a nice strain. Not my fave but glad I tried something from paradise. Next up will be querkle and then maybe ISS.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice report. You feel anything like your avatar after hitting that?

I just grew a runt pheno of this strain from seed and have not yet smoked it. Sounds more recreational than medical but we will see.

b8man

Veteran
I always grin like my avatar - life is pretty damn good these days. :)

Feels more recreational at about 6wks cure but it might develop a bit more into something medicinal. There is potency and a substantial body element, it just isn't quite there yet. Very good for stimulating appetite but extreme cotton mouth from this one. No paranoia or anxiety at all though.

I had a hard time pinning down the high of this one. It's got potency and is stony, but your brain isn't too fuddled (until you overdose). It's not motivating, nor all that couchlocky, not really sleepy... just buzzing pleasantly. Good for music, good for staring into space, nice sex strain. Overall though, a bit of a day wrecker. For those with not much to do though, this could be a good strain for you.

bluesteal

Thanks guys.

Its a nice strain. Not my fave but glad I tried something from paradise. Next up will be querkle and then maybe ISS.

i think you outa try some querkle its a lovely strain, i just started my new purple querkle mother but i say you give it try

b8man

Veteran
Wayyy ahead of you - I've got 3 querkles a couple of weeks into flower in my tent next to an ice cream I'm keeping for one more run. Querkle looks a lot more sativa than the ice cream plant. How do you find the smoke?

bluesteal

mines a original bubba kush crossed with purple querkle witch makes purple payote and it smokes great, its really smooth and gives you a massive body high but im sure the smoke wouldnt be to far off

Gelado`

Veteran
A day wrecker huh? Hope I get a sweet pheno and it doesn't completely cause my days to go to waste! ;)

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice report. You feel anything like your avatar after hitting that?

I just grew a runt pheno of this strain from seed and have not yet smoked it. Sounds more recreational than medical but we will see.

She is great for lower back/nerve pain. Calms my twitches down fast.

I describe the high as meditative, it is certainly unique.

Gelado`

Veteran
My Ice Cream girls smell like garlicky oranges...and they REEK to high hell. My cheap scrubber sure as hell isn't doing a good enough job, especially after watering, and they're all due for a watering right about now :eek:

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Everybody's comments make me wonder if I had the genuine Ice Cream. About three years ago I bought a pack of five female seeds from the Boutique, Sensi Ice Cream. Grew them under CMH lamps. Of the three that sprouted, not one of them had the smells or appearance of those shown and described in this thread. Nugs were not dense. In fact one plant had enormous loose fluffy buds with strings of calyxes like dreadlocks. Plants had no strong smell in flower. When smoked all three had a piney flavor that irritated my lungs... Cough City. The high was indica dominant and left me tired. Nothing to write home about. Sure cloned easily though.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The one major issue with IC as noted by myself, ss2 and other is the large variety of phenos due to the line being an s1 of a hybrid cross that apparently was not genotype tested, the result is many many different phenos.

That being said I have never seen or heard of one described like that bro.

b8man

Veteran
Everybody's comments make me wonder if I had the genuine Ice Cream. About three years ago I bought a pack of five female seeds from the Boutique, Sensi Ice Cream.

Sensi Ice Cream? You mean Paradise, right?

Just vaping some Ice Cream now so thought I'd chip in again. The jars are nearly gone and it was a fun enough strain. Much better organic than hydro for some reason and yeah, a nice medative stone which is fine for a post 4:20 smoke. :dance013:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Funny Friends have said the same thing, my Ic came out with a better flavor and different than my hydro buds.