What's new

Paradise Sensi Star and Nirvana Aurora Indica 250w HPS closet grow

LeenieBean

This time around, all new strains. I grew out 2 moms under t5's, topped them at the second node and used the resulting 4 branches as cuttings. 3/4 Sensi Star clones took (one wasn't so much a cutting as a pair of leaves...). I use Rapid rooters, which I bury in a larger 1.5 pot half filled with soil and water everything really well. I use Wilson Roots with anti-fungal. Once I have put the cuttings in the rapid rooters inside the pot, I cover the pot with a piece of saran wrap, and then let them sit low down from the lights for a week. No misting, just check to make sure the soil stays moist around the Rapid rooters.

For whatever reason, I wasn't able to get the Aurora Indica to clone properly. I couldn't keep them alive, tried 2 batches of clones and got none though I would have liked to try the from a mature mom and not a seedling mom... I'm disappointed because the mother plant stinks like nothing else I've had in my closet. I had some Hill Temple Collective Arne growing to go in there, but they turned out to be both male, which made some room in the closet for a couple more clones. Took a few more Sensi star. Going in to the closet will be three 6" tall fairly established clones, 4 small ones that had barely rooted, and the mother plant of the Aurora Indica. As we have a DJ shorts Blueberry Mom getting ready for our next grow before a break for the summer we decided to just give the AI a try now and if we like her, we'll get more seeds later on. I am optimistic about her. God she smells amazing and her leaves are sticky even in 24 hr lights!

So I've made for a pain for an even canopy and the plants are all different sizes, which shouldn't matter too much with the clones, I've found they tend to catch up pretty well but will be funny with the foot tall established mother in there as a SOG LOL

they're now on day 3 of 12/12.

Can anyone tell me anything about AI? I went by the description when choosing her, but havent seen many people grow her out. I love the way she smells can't wait to see what the buds are like! All I've got so far is difficult cloning.

How does SS react to nutes?

Sorry I have gift wrapping to do, so I cut it a bit short. Cheers! hope I have some of you join in for the ride :eek:)

LeenieBean

Pictures of day 1 12/12

Pictures of day 1 12/12

I now have some pictures to post from day 1 12/12. currently a week in and the small sensi star clones have grown triple in size, while the older clones are nearly as tall as the Aurora indica mom in the corner.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

LeenieBean

Day 11 pictures

Day 11 pictures

I really like how well the Sensi Star are doing, They are rocketing up healthy and strong with tightly spaced nodes and lots of pistils, well ahead of the Aurora Indica. I wouldn't say the leaves are large though, so I'm wondering which pheno I have. They have the most perfectly shaped emerald green leaves with really neat serrated edges. They're being fed Iguana Juice, Probloom and liquid karma, and the temps are kept pretty cool, so should get a bit of colour out of them. runs 13-25 C

T

texsativa

I'll be watching this grow hope you continue to update.

Good choice with the Aurora Indica, suppose to be some top notch put you down smoke at any price point. Haven't tried it myself but read it is really stout and harsh/expansive smoke. Would love to try it.

LeenieBean

Thanks for popping by Ernest. I think that AI smells wicked fantastic. I'm fairly certain by the smell already its going to be great smoke or at least I`m very optimistic. I don't know whether its because this plant has been a mom for a while and started out pruned all weird, or if just this particular genetic wasn't too great, but despite being more mature than the sensi star, she's off to a very slow start. I will post new pictures this weekend, I just don`t want to do it too often, its a lot better to see the progress this way :eek:)

I don`t know how I managed it but my apostrophes are backwards.... errrr....

LeenieBean

New pics at 20 days of 12/12 funky leaf problem?

New pics at 20 days of 12/12 funky leaf problem?

The Sensi Star girls are starting to fill in nicely, and really frost up nice. There is a leaf issue going on here. I took pictures of it but the colour doesn't show so well. Lower leaves are developing necrotic patches at the tips, getting brown/black splotches then turning yellow and falling off. There are also leaves on the same plants that have dried out at the ends, turned a darker shade of green and curled up like a hand open palm up dry out and crumble. The upper leaves look good healthy and vigorous and not wilting at all, but I can see small red/rusty coloured spots on some of them that appear to be tiny dead spots on the fan leaves. I hope that doesn't continue on. Any suggestions? I have a guess of calcium/manganese deficiency perhaps nutrient lockout we flushed the soil with just plain water tonight. Temps in the cab range from 13 Celsius with the lights off to 25 with the lights on. Humidity is low 30 or lower.

This doesn't seem to be affecting the Aurora Indica. She's still not filling out so quick but man she smells fantastic! Still a debate whether this is a half mutant or something she naturally has leaves that hold close to her and aim down so its like she's sad, but its not from wilt from not enough water, or for too much either.. just sort of hangy she reminds me of a mulberry tree or something. I lost a few other seedlings I started this summer due to high temps in the cab (it went up to 44 one day....! no AC during a heatwave sucks!) so I never ended up choosing a good mom of my 3 seeds I bought, just had to deal with the one that made it, and she was under stress to boot.

give me some input on those leaves. way too early to be losing fan leaves to weirdness, no?

Thanks for watching!

LeenieBean

PS sorry I cant get used to this camera, new DSLR with way more function then I'm used to hopefully these pictures will start to look a little better as I go along LOL

LeenieBean

AKK!! HELP! anyone?????

AKK!! HELP! anyone?????

more rusty spots on the leaves showing up, after a soil flush, adding a bit of dolomite lime, and a feeding of iguana juice which is not what we've been feeding this time round hoping there might be something in there that will help. They don't look any better. HELP!!!

Ill bet that its ph related problem. and people use dolomite lime for 2 reasons A) Ph Buffer B) ca/mag booster. instead of dolomite lime, I ph my feed water each time before i water and i also have a bottle of Botanicare's Cal/mag.

LeenieBean

Thanks for the feedback, I have a ph kit for water- the aquarium kit one with drops. our tap water runs 7.0-7.5 and then with nutes it likely drops quite a bit, but I'm not quite sure whether I'm going to get accuracy with our ph kit given that I'm using a colour spectrum comparison and the nutes change the colour to begin with. Using promix bx with 1/3 worm castings added. The mix is ph to 6. What do I do? I don't have a couple hundred to spend on a good ph pen. Looking at the sick plant guide we think it looks like ca or manganese deficiency. The thing thats weird is that the AI is not affected at all, but she gets the same food as the sensi star and is in the same soil mix. what gives? what if we ph the tap water, then test the runoff? bah! its almost all the way to the top leaves now with 3 weeks of flower left for the sensi :eek:S

LeenieBean

Anyway, turns out it was indeed the calcium. My bad :eek:( I did not, like the first grow, add about a teaspoon or so of dolomite lime to the soil mix. I am hoping this doesn't cause too much of an effect on the buds but unfortunately most of the larger leaves are destroyed at this point :eek:( the buds are still frosty as can be and look great but just no solar panels to take care of them. I'm disappointed to say the least. Day 26... another few weeks to go still and no leaves ? :eek:( boo urns

says something to the quality of the paradise genetics cause that sensi star, despite all the stress they have been through are some of the frostiest I've seen!

LeenieBean

Day 27

Day 27

Heres some updated pics.

Paradise Sensi Star You can see the calcium deficiency in the leaves in the background horrible! these buds are still crazy frosty though awesome genetic after taking a beating like that!

Aurora Indica Slow going at first but starting to kick it up a notch.

Recovery mode now. hopefully that problem with the sensi star doesn't leave it all wasted. :good:

LeenieBean

Thanks growdog, I appreciate it. It might be jelousy cause your AI looks so much better than mine does right now!! LOL just make sure to ask people before posting in their personal grow thread, I'd have said giv-er if you'd asked! hopefully mine turns out as good as yours did. Definately put that in an AI thread cause when I started this lady I couldn't find anything on her. I picked up the seeds and my BF was like, well, show me what you went on! to be honest I went on nirvana's description.

News: I have another AI seedling on the go and will be setting her up on a 2-3 plant scrog under a 150w hps. Just converting the mom/veg cab over starting today revamping what I've got going on in there. Not sure what else I'll be sticking in there with her. I have a powerkush going too, and soon wappa will be here. could also restart Mental floss my first lady was a beaut!.... hmmm so many things to think of :eek:)

LeenieBean

Stinks to high heaven in there day 34... plants look like shit after that cal prob, its not gotten worse, but they don't look better either. think the sensi star are going to yield crap because of it. Lesson Learned. Don't forget the dolomite lime in my soil mix. I will have to rerun her in the future to do justice to the strain. On the plus side, thou she's been slow, AI is filling out now. Just got my eye on the future grows... I have Paradise Wappa which has been getting a lot of buzz, mandala #1, Dj blueberry and some blue sattelite 2.2 freebies from the boo (SCORE!)

LeenieBean

Update with pics day 41

Update with pics day 41

Slowly but surely. First off Aurora Indica, She's getting pretty frosty and starting to fill in now. Something of note, this girl has been drinking very little in flower, be careful not to over water. day 41.

And lovely, stinky Sensi Star. She has a nice lemony skunk smell in the cab. I really wish these ladies hadn't had the calcium problem as their yield is suffering terribly but they are by far the most frosty buds I've seen and they just seem to get stickier and stinkier by the day. I will most def need to rerun this one.

Latest posts

Latest posts