What's new

Panama

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
Hi Ace fans !
I was wondering if someone used Panama males in some crosses and how was the result ?
Any links would be helpful.
Peace, HJ.

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
couple pics of my panama from day 30 of 12/12. link to my grow thread if your interested https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=253969&page=2
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Beachside

Hello everyone,
So I have seven little Panamas growing right now. I just took cuts and after reading all this I am so excited to flower them! I do have a question... On one of the plants the very growing tip comes out very pink/red/purple. As soon as the leaves mature just a bit they loose that color and turn a normal green. Is that the purple pheno or is that normal in the red pheno?

Beachside

Just so you know those seeds are regular stock and it is only the newest growth that has the pinkish color.......

Thanks for the info! all of you guys have beautiful plants!

R

recent guest

This plant amazes me time after time...how would she do at 47N? Could i pull it off?

I'll be trying it out at 44N this season. 10 week flowering time...I think it will depend quite a bit on your microclimate. For me first frost is usually 3rd week of october, but ten miles away first frost can be early SEPTEMBER! :eek:

Also altitude is important.

Bleiweis

Veteran
This year i chopped my last plant (Caribe) in the last week of october. I could let her go a week more but she was attacked by caterpillars so i tried to avoid mold issues. And i'm at about 200m altitude. It would be a bit risky right? Although i could put her in the greenhouse but it depends if she copes well with "high" humidity. Probably not?

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sativas come from humid climates, thus humidity won't be a prob. The low temps on the other hand, might be an issue.

Lovely shows Dr. Purpur! :canabis:

:tiphat:

B

de145

How do you guys judge them to be ready to harvest?

In my experience with Panama I've yet to really see very cloudy trichomes let alone amber ones and I'm at my longest flowering ever with one right now at 12 weeks and one day. I'm trying to decide if I should cut it or not because I flushed it long ago and now it's losing it's green deep into the buds at this point.
(all green phenos, I've yet to get a red one)

Y

YosemiteSam

They will turn cloudy and amber. Try to keep it going if you can. The longer they need to flower the more electric and trippy they get in my experience. Harvesting them early gives them short legs.

de145

Thanks Sam, I'm just concerned that I haven't fed it in weeks and now it's starving and I'm not sure if it *can* finish at this point. I guess it's an interesting experiment to see if lack of nutrients causes a plant to not ripen it's trichomes.

I completely agree about the short legs thing and that's a great term for it. I've noticed that many times before, if you harvest early you get a very short lived buzz.

In future I'll just keep feeding it right on through until I see a good amount of cloudy trichs then flush it, assuming it can eat all it's remaining nutes and start to pale up before the trichs get too ripe of course. Tricky.

R

recent guest

Thanks Sam, I'm just concerned that I haven't fed it in weeks and now it's starving and I'm not sure if it *can* finish at this point. I guess it's an interesting experiment to see if lack of nutrients causes a plant to not ripen it's trichomes.

I completely agree about the short legs thing and that's a great term for it. I've noticed that many times before, if you harvest early you get a very short lived buzz.

In future I'll just keep feeding it right on through until I see a good amount of cloudy trichs then flush it, assuming it can eat all it's remaining nutes and start to pale up before the trichs get too ripe of course. Tricky.

I harvested my Spyder auto's about 2 weeks too early and after curing I gave two jars away to friends. They told me "it got me there but just didn't have...you know...the 'legs' " ...

It was a term I'd never heard before.

Anyway heres ACE Panama vs. Cannabiogen Destroyer
picture.php

jessethestoner

I harvested my Spyder auto's about 2 weeks too early and after curing I gave two jars away to friends. They told me "it got me there but just didn't have...you know...the 'legs' " ...

It was a term I'd never heard before.

Anyway heres ACE Panama vs. Cannabiogen Destroyer
View Image

i like the pics, how biig are those ladies gonna get before you flip them?
and i know exactly what you mean about the auto's i did a seed run with some of my crosses and gave the buds to some friends to pull out the seeds out in exchange for some of the weed. it was a nice narcotic indica high, but it didn't last that long. you had to just keep puffing, even the unseeded stuff.

R

recent guest

i like the pics, how biig are those ladies gonna get before you flip them?
and i know exactly what you mean about the auto's i did a seed run with some of my crosses and gave the buds to some friends to pull out the seeds out in exchange for some of the weed. it was a nice narcotic indica high, but it didn't last that long. you had to just keep puffing, even the unseeded stuff.

Its a greenhouse with 17ft height so I'll be letting them go under 18/6 (artificial + sun) until April, when the days are longer than the nights at 44N, and then hopefully keep veging until Fall when they will naturally flower under shorter days. So to answer your question, they are going to be humungous.

Latest posts

Latest posts