What's new

Panama Red

G

buds have been in the jar week maybe week and a half. bit over dried, as heats up this time a year, and sallies dry way faster then any indica ever, lol.
viney small calyx buds, but with some girth as there big assed bud.

crack the jar and theres a definate mango aroma with the clay hint in the background. nice silver color with the right light to the bud. good trics on the calyx, feel um while pickin the vines of the bud stalk.(timmin those little tiny leaves was bullshit, LOL.)

plant was hit hard by mites, and I caved and chopped at 18 weeks, even when told by the gifter to let um go 20 or better from seed.....dumbazz move....

the smoke is earthy sweet, smooth with no cough whatso ever. the buzz is slow, not soarin, ragin or anything like that. im high, im alert, and even some jaw clenchin effect. even a uneasy stomach, maybe the coffee with it. has some duration as well.

so over all, with it bein my first run of a straight sativa plant, the mites, and taken early, I think this plant will perform much better next run. the dwarf is still in flower, so see if those extra few weeks is gonna make the diff.

CBF

G

CBF that truly sounds like the PR that I remember from back in the day. I'll bet as it cures more the sensations will get even better. 20 weeks thougn is too much for me, I am sorry!! I could have two almost three crops by then, maybe if I had a greenhouse. I give you much :respect:

G

SmokeyPufmaster said:
CBF that truly sounds like the PR that I remember from back in the day. I'll bet as it cures more the sensations will get even better. 20 weeks thougn is too much for me, I am sorry!! I could have two almost three crops by then, maybe if I had a greenhouse. I give you much :respect:

heya smokey, clones finish in 16 weeks, lol.

yeah its tunin up just with the week in the jar. im sure it will be much better with the next run. have to wait till sept to start um. so sometime around the end of jan ill get another taste.

while growin out these sallies that im stuck on for whatever reason, i rotate quite a few clones in for somethin to smoke. fast stuff:D

didnt ya grow out some dalats? gonna have a go at them as well. thinkin there 20/22 week women as well.

CBF

G

Those are some nice looking buds, I grew out a sativa recently that had shockingly small calayxes(sp?) like that.

G

Hey CBF what are dalats? That 89 day Mother's Finest was my longest flowering plant. And I couldn't grow it now with all this summer humidity. I want to hear more as you dial them in.

G

SmokeyPufmaster said:
Hey CBF what are dalats? That 89 day Mother's Finest was my longest flowering plant. And I couldn't grow it now with all this summer humidity. I want to hear more as you dial them in.
\

hey smokey, maybe have ya mixed up with someone else :confused: :joint:

dalats are from SEasia, DiWeeDalat remembered it from his time in Nam, went back to the village and aquired the seed. 25 foot sativas, long flower, very good weed. one of those strains were if ya find a true male you really found somethin, lol.

goin to take a few branches off the dwarf PR tomorrow @ 20 weeks. if shes good prolly chop weds/next weekend the latest.

CBF

G

hey man i really love the look of that panama red, that is some serious pure sativa for sure...if u get a chance check out l33t's SSH/Rooi Bart grow on OG, he has some very interesting techniques with photoperiod manipulation...i bet if u got the photoperiod to 10/14 or even 9/15 it would really make a big difference, then u could go back to 11/13 or even 12/12 once u knew they had maybe a month left...given the fact that panama is so close to the equator the days are always going to be close to 12/12 so IMO u have to get a little extreme to really make such landrace sativas want to get it on and flower quicker...my :2cents:, love those nugz...

peace,
phat

G

hey Phatdaddy, wallyduck had given the same advice, im sure it would make some diff in finishin time. the grower who turned me on to the seed said they would take 20 plus from seed, and 16 from clone.

for me, I need the 12/12 for clones durin the sally run, have to be harvestin somethin.

so heres the dwarf plant, hangin at 21 weeks harvest. same aroma, and bud growth.

pretty nice plant, finished right at 36 inches, 16 inch cola, test smoke was good right after the hang, shes in a jar since sunday.

the 02 plant that has been in a jar for a few weeks now is gettin a bit racier, and much smoother. can huff a huge bong hit without losin a lung, and its a pretty good whack to the bean. the bud is some really ugly lookin shit, LOL.

few more of the 05 plant.......

let ya know how this one comes off in a week or so

CBF

G

Beautiful CBF! That is a thing of beauty and the smell description sounds very familiar from my early days in California. Yeah, I was smoking wonderful sativas at a time in my life when I couldn't possibly appreciate what I had.

I would now, though :D

Nicely done!