What's new

Pakistan Yarkhun @ Mriko

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
6 of 7 pakiks out, 1 nice trifoliate on the bunch, i think the last one should pop out tomorrow, these were rather quick to sprout, some were out of the dirt in 48 hours... pakik x cn4 8 of 12, i think thats what I'll end with... also 8/9 on the peshawar pakistanis... No luck with the x18 maybe tomorrow, but I doubt these will sprout naturally...

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Hi BuddahWa'
Yah X18 seeds are harder to sprout like all bigger seeds and even more if they are a bit old and not well kept cool! Patience!

hello roms,

I try chitrali RSC this spring, under the sun Breton N47 for me too, your many posts are very helpful.

I planned 30 individuals indoor for a selection next.

The collective vibes has born the desire to learn more, it is a wonderful gift!

Demat Tcherno, outdoor greenhouse run with them?
Well 30 is a good number to find your grail! For the possible comparison with the Yarkhun line or the double Pakik feel free to contact me! Kenavo!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Yah bro no shit... Any tips? I totally failed with that one seed, tried to crack with my nail but i think i went a bit too hard and cracked the inside too :/ 3 more tries... Got a shitload of old seeds from a buddy so I'm trying to develop a method with those before I give the x18 another try! So far Im trying h202 soak and then Aloe soak, also got some GA3 here to give a shot if those fail... This 1 guy on instagram sells a seed cracker device, but $50 bucks is a bit expensive, even though it might be worth it, if it really works... I might just try to design a cheap version of it!

Yah bro no shit... Any tips? I totally failed with that one seed, tried to crack with my nail but i think i went a bit too hard and cracked the inside too :/ 3 more tries... Got a shitload of old seeds from a buddy so I'm trying to develop a method with those before I give the x18 another try! So far Im trying h202 soak and then Aloe soak, also got some GA3 here to give a shot if those fail... This 1 guy on instagram sells a seed cracker device, but $50 bucks is a bit expensive, even though it might be worth it, if it really works... I might just try to design a cheap version of it!

I've seen that seed cracker....50 bucks, that crazy. You just need to drill and tap a hole for a fine thread and cut a window in the side for the seed. then get a matching bolt

Fulvic acid will help soften the shell. Ever used BioAg products? Just follow the directions on the jug for germinating seeds

tcherno

Salut Roms , c'est bien sa , part contre il faut que je les rentres tous les soirs à partir de septembre , elle seront donc dans une veranda la nuit pour esquiver les voleurs ...ils sont de plus en plus nombreux .

Tu conseillerais quelle plage de germi pour une flo en pot textile de 15 à 20L ?

Je pensais début juin pour profiter direct d'un max d'ensoleillement et éviter d'avoir des plants trop à l'étroit ... sans parler du bien que sa ferais à mon dos ;)

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
@Tcherno, je pense que tu peux même prendre un peu de retard genre fin Juin je dirais... Les plants auront moins de végétation et seront donc plus petits! Egalement moins de fertilisation nécessaire (voir même pas du tout) durant la flo avec ces pots de 15/20l.

@BW, also the wet 25°C is optimum! Good luck with those big X18 seeds difficult to germinate! Thanks @Mr Roseberry for your input!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
@Tcherno, je pense que tu peux même prendre un peu de retard genre fin Juin je dirais... Les plants auront moins de végétation et seront donc plus petits! Egalement moins de fertilisation nécessaire (voir même pas du tout) durant la flo avec ces pots de 15/20l.

@BW, also the wet 25°C is optimum! Good luck with those big X18 seeds difficult to germinate! Thanks @Mr Roseberry for your input!

No doubt bro, I was using around 22C, room temp here with heated floor so its a nice heating mat effect! I got a big old bag of some old bagseeds from a friend, they must be at least 10+ years, so I'm gonna test few different methods to see what works better before attempting the x18 again... guess it will have to wait a bit for that...

G

6 of 7 pakiks out, 1 nice trifoliate on the bunch, i think the last one should pop out tomorrow, these were rather quick to sprout, some were out of the dirt in 48 hours... pakik x cn4 8 of 12, i think thats what I'll end with... also 8/9 on the peshawar pakistanis... No luck with the x18 maybe tomorrow, but I doubt these will sprout naturally...

Bummer about the x18 mate but if its of any consolation the few i tried were really hard to germ.
The peshwar pakis sound interesting mate are they available commercialy:tiphat:

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Last hope if they don't have the vitality to split a hard shell is to crack the seeds carefully with teeth or a razor blade, it will do the trick better than fingers.

This way you can see how the embryo look inside then place it again with his endosperm still on it between wet cotton. Sometime we also need to remove the endosperm if the embryo need lil help to remove it by itself. I've germinated a few seeds using this method but they weren't really old, probably just a few years. I also knew the Seedboutique X-18 packs are nearly 10 years old and notorious to be hard to germ but you probably get your X-18 via Roms so I don't know the seed birth date.

Other choices if they're old is to let a few in moist and warm dirt while praying for a late germination that could go up to 3 weeks, some of them will need time and could survive that way but it's pretty hazardous with classic dirt imo... In your case I would put the remaining wet seeds away, dry them again then try another method like scuffing with sandpaper then kelp, aloe vera, superthrive, bio roots, worm castings tea or other nutrient sources/vitamins/enzymes and of course h2o2 to sterilise shells and avoid pathogens in a controlled environment.

But it's trials and errors with many experimentations... The best tip is probably to germinate the last X-18 from your stash straight into fresh worm castings like in Mystik Funk's thread, he had 67% germ rate on 20 years old seeds with this method. Thank you Mystik !

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
dr feelzgood, bodhi released the peshawar not too long ago, maybe you can still score some, nierika seed trust, it came also with the Jamaican Hashplant freebie! 3rd-3eyed, thanks for the tips, I've been following the mystic funk thread, will try the EWC method for sure, and yeah, my x18s are from seedbay/bou... got them as freebies not too long ago! I think its also important to try to germ old seeds after scuff/soak into sterile media... I tried to sprout using my organic mix, and after a few days if the seed didnt pop you could see a bunch of white little wormies attacking the seed, so I might mix only peat/pumice/lime to germ seeds, that way no micro life will try to intervene!

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
last pure Yarkhun F2s (2013) ... 16/19 ok with two late.

picture.php

Openpoll for all despite some specimens with flaws... By hoping a clean male minimum! (I will separate moms' offsprings)

Dogtown

Hi Roms, I wish you good lock and best vibes for this project!
Hopefully you can make some nice F3's out of them.
Will you make them available for sharing or selling?

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
another Pakik in SA with DjKinetics
picture.php

Vibes Maha'

Hi Roms, I wish you good lock and best vibes for this project!
Hopefully you can make some nice F3's out of them.
Will you make them available for sharing or selling?

Yes F3s will see! Thx for your luck Dogtown!
And yes they will be available... I will keep my selected moms' offsprings and will distribute the rest. :biggrin: Well nothing is done, there's also hermz in the line, wait n see the luck or not!!

Near i try to germinate old stock Malana cream for the possible F1, double luck needed!

Azaghal

Veteran
Hi everybody,
Your Yarkhun seedlings are looking happy and healthy, Roms
and they also seem to show good germination percentage, also nice fluffy substrate.
:)
And your Pakik plants are looking strong and quite compact too, MAHA KALA and DjKinetics, much fun with them. Cheers

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Hi Aza' thank you for the comment!
Promix non fertilized + guano ;)

So few half of them are "mutant" with bug on leaves etc, common old landrace heritage that need clean up! I also think about selecting only the best in contrast to an open pollination... (?) Will see the sex ratio and the good clean or bad ones...

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
They lookin good guys! Mine are a week or 2 or so behind, nothing too exciting yet :) Pakik f2 x Cabeca de Negas have incredible vigor, they are like twice the size and were only sprouted a day before... will be interesting comparing the two!

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
@Zon' gracias amigo! Have you test your Pakik x Master Kush?

@BW' always interesting to see veg pix feel free about the Pakik bro! For your sativa negra cross maybe elsewhere ;

Move here with also one more survivor so 17/19 are on!
picture.php

picture.php

With a lot of genetic landrace bug on leaves and structures...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php