What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pain Relief Strain for Erythromelalgia

PassionForMJ

I am looking for a good primarily Indica Dom for my brothers Erythromelalgia.
He is getting his med card in a few days, and you can legally grow up to 4 plants for recreational use here, I am guessing it is the same amount for medical?

Anyways, I have grown a really good AK-47 cut before, and Strawberry Cough, but it has been years since I have grown, so I am not sure what the really good pain relief strains are atm.
He has pain so bad that he wakes up at 3 AM and has to take a Vicodin just do get back to sleep.

And maybe a recommendation for a strain that would be good for the daytime while he is working.
I hate to see him on so much Vicodin a day, I want to see him get weened off of it, he has been taking 5 a day for a while now.

Also for myself, I have spine issues, nerves being pinched, some stenosis, etc...
What is the best pain relief you guys recommend?
I like a hybrid really, a good sativa/indica mix, but I am sure an Indica Dom would be best, I just still want to get high as well, as I love the feeling, it relaxes me and helps with my mild anxiety...

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Pink Kush has been my go-to strain for my stenosis & associated back/leg pain. IMHO . . . while mj will never truly stop the pain, it allows you to relax, which in turn alleviates the pain. Real deep pain - kidney stones, tooth abscess etc - the 9/10 or 10/10 pain - unfortunately sneers at mj.

My wife uses the same strain for anxiety, with good success.

PassionForMJ

Thanks, I'll look into getting that when my bro or I am setup, which won't be long as my bro already grows veggies, and has some indoors..

You are right that 9/10 10/10 pain is too much for MJ, but it does help, I already get cortisone epidurals, so those along with MJ I think will get me by, some days I still may need a lil NSAID, but I can drop the gabapentin, meloxicam, and tizanidine I am already on...

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I had back surgery in April. My L5 needed another filing down . . . :jump:

The hospital surgery was in high gear because they were shutting down in 3 days due to Covid so they sent me home the same day. After I got home , I took Motrin 400s + bottle tokes of Blueberry bubble hash. I didn't touch my oxy script at all. After a day and a half, I dropped the Motrin. Nsaids + mj can get you through a lot.

PassionForMJ

Well, I just got approval to get my MMJ card, even though it is legal in my state now, I just need to get some good strains, if I do I'll do threads like I used to on overgrow and planet ganja, as well as smoke reports, but I work like crazy so they won't be as awesome as they used to back in the day...

I want to try the strains you guys have recommended... I wish I could get the old DJ Short clone only Blueberry cut I used to have, a friend SweetDiesel hooked me up, no idea if he is still out there though...
I also had GrandDaddyPurple, not the best for pain, but boy was it pretty, and smelled/tasted good...
I had an AK-47 cherry pheno that was great for pain and sleep...

I can get seeds I guess, but if any are in the VA area just maybe....

PassionForMJ

I had back surgery in April. My L5 needed another filing down . . . :jump:

The hospital surgery was in high gear because they were shutting down in 3 days due to Covid so they sent me home the same day. After I got home , I took Motrin 400s + bottle tokes of Blueberry bubble hash. I didn't touch my oxy script at all. After a day and a half, I dropped the Motrin. Nsaids + mj can get you through a lot.

Blueberry Bubblehash sounds awesome, I wish ole HashCraver was still around....
I have trmadol 50mg 3x a day, but I am dropping it as soon as my card gets here....
My L5/S1's sub arachnoid space is totally obliterated, and I have severe stenosis in a few places..
The lower back is painful, especially when working...

Last edited:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I want to try out Chemdawg, a hybrid of Sour Diesel and OG Kush, I have heard it works well for pain also..

Sample them :) Not all strains suit peoples needs IOW, what might work for me, may not for you ect... My next run (next week) I'll be burning Ringo's Gift and Harle Tsu. Why? That lineage seems suitable for my chemistry :) :tiphat:

PassionForMJ

Yeah you have a point, only thing is in VA we do not have a lot of options, the local dispensary won't have bud till next month, so the only way to try them is to get seeds or clones, flower a plant out, and see if it is a winner or not...
Seeds are so expensive though, feminized seeds are like 10-20 USD on avg, some more than that, for one seed, lol
I remember getting clones from friends just because that's how we rolled, of course we have to be careful till laws are made so we can not get in trouble for sharing clones, but hey if you walk by and drop a package with clones in it, I will pick it up and keep walking, lol

PassionForMJ

I have had GranDaddy Purple, White Rhino, AK-47, DJ Shorts Blueberry, Biggie Smalls, MTF/TrainWreck, Strawberry Cough, and Bubblegum, that is the only ones I have grown that is...
Fav of all would have to be the Blueberry I had, it was a well sought after cut back in the day,,
GDP was nice too, and the AK had a hell of a body high...

PassionForMJ

I'll grow something here soon, was unable to get a few seeds, I wish some old friends were still around, I am medical and cannot even start a little 4 plant legal grow, because I have nothing to grow..
Man I should have saved a few seeds, then again my weed never had any, lol

We need it all legal here soon, no thin tape bs...

Latest posts

Latest posts