What's new

Package seized . Who's responsible ?

the gnome

Veteran
shipping anything more than seeds the details of possible negative scenarios should be discussed in depth,
what if it gets snagged?
who is responsible if A-B or C happens?

tell me exactly every detail how you plan to ship me that pound of hash?
OR
the $3000 in cash?
all *what ifs* should be ironed out BEFORE any transaction is initiated.
AND
just because the guy sez
"dude! no worries it's gonna be seal-a-mealed... Ive done this a million times"
doesn't mean anything..... not to me anyways.

here's an imaginary scenario,
say gnome wants to send a bow of hash to his bud via usps.
if he has resin on his hands and handled the bags before on the outside
the dogs can smell it.
even if Ive never touched dope in the last year I would:
wash hands with alcohol/wear those sterile gloves
use unopened uncontaminated bags,
after its sealed trim the excess bag on both ends by cutting it
*on the seal*
toss the gloves
get new ones on
wash the bagged goods with acetone.
use say a container that has a large screw on lid,
like the kind you get 5lb of sugar in
fill it up a ways with Pnut butter and put the hash in the middle
warming the PNB makes life easier.
pack it up to the top with more PNB making sure there's no air spaces
duct tape the lid
wash the outside of the container with acetone
put it in a sturdy box that has never had any contact with resin and seal it up

send it to the addy the receiver wants
now, the return addy needs to be a viable, real address
you use an alias on it but,
UPS-UPS-FEDX computers will tell em the address is a dud
and raise a red flag.

I like sending 3 day priority if it's not perishable, like cuts
one of the pre-made usps boxes are great, you can track it,
tracking makes good sense all the way around.
things happen
if it gets hung up somewhere for an unusual amount of time
it may have been snagged
maybe the cops are getting things in order for a controlled delivery.
which btw is a good reason to never have it sent directly to you, right...? right!

this all may seem like overkill but it's just basic smuggling 101
if my butt was on the receiving end,
this is the way I would want it sent to me,

btw
same goes for sending cash.

other things to hedge the odds in your favor...
always hide the goods *inside something*
if it's hash in PNB have something like aunt Bea's homemade organic PNB written on it with a pretty bow.

sometimes shit just happens
EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!
what if there's a spill
and your cheap ass box gets wet and falls apart you used that dirt cheap tape that was handy and you didn't feel like
spending the 15min to run get the good stuff,
maybe you used one of those cheap markers and the addy melts away with 3 drops of water.
now you have a situation that needs attention and now a US Postal inspector or someone will be a lookin at a bow of hash or cash and either reports it or steals it or a combination of.

my motto has always been expect the unexpected
and have a plan worked out before hand for
every situation if possible.

there's times the packages sit in a warehouse between pickup points for quite a while, like overnite.
this is where the odds are not in your favor.
and you better believe they have a quota of the how many times they run the dogs thru there and see if they can get lucky,
maybe they have a full time dog at the main postal hubs.
dunno if they do or not....
I would if i were them :joint:

it's very real possibility the OPs package was flagged on the shipping computer
because of a fake addy.

BTW
one last thing, sending bows of hash was just used as an imaginary example.
but...ship smart smart so everyone will have a smile on their face
:)
picture.php

Bud Jones

shipping anything more than seeds the details of possible negative scenarios should be discussed in depth,
what if it gets snagged?
who is responsible if A-B or C happens?

tell me exactly every detail how you plan to ship me that pound of hash?
OR
the $3000 in cash? all should be ironed out BEFORE
any transaction is initiated.
AND
just because the guy sez
"dude! no worries it's gonna be seal-a-mealed"
doesn't mean anything..... not to me anyways.

here's an imaginary scenario,
say gnome wants to send a bow of hash to his bud via usps.
if he has resin on his hands and handled the bags before on the outside
the dogs can smell it.
even if Ive never touched dope in the last year I would:
wash hands with alcohol/wear those sterile gloves
use unopened uncontaminated bags,
after its sealed trim the excess bag on both ends by cutting it
*on the seal*
toss the gloves
get new ones on
wash the bagged goods with acetone.
use say a 5lb container that has a large screw on lid,
like the kind you get sugar in
filled it up a ways with Pnut butter and put the hash in the middle
and pack it up to the top with more PNB making sure there's no air spaces
duct tape the lid
wash the outside of the container with acetone
put it in a sturdy box that has never had any contact with resin and seal it up

send it to the addy the reciever wants and the return addy needs
to be a viable, real, address
you can put an alias name on it but their computers will tell em the address is a dud
and raise a red flag.
send 3 days priority if it's not perishable
like in one of the pre-made usps boxes so you can track it,
tracking makes good sense all the way around.
things happen
if it gets hung up somewhere for an unusual amount of time
it may have been snagged and maybe the cops are getting things in order for a controlled delivery.
which is a good reason to never have it sent directly to you.

this may seem like overkill but if my butt was on the receiving end, this is the way I would want it sent to me,
same goes for sending cash.
always hide the goods *inside something*
if it's hash in PNB have something like aunt Bea's homemade organic PNB written on it.
shit happens
what if there's a spill '
and your cheap ass box gets wet and falls apart,
the US Postal inspector or someone looking at a bow of hash in sealed bags and either report it or steal it.

my motto is... expect the unexpected
and have things worked out before hand for
every situation if possible.

there's times the packages sit in a warehouse between pickup points
and you better believe they have a quota of the how many times they run the dogs thru there and see if they can get lucky,
maybe they have a full time dog at the big main postal hubs.
I would if i were them.

it's very real possibility the OPs package was flagged because
of a fake addy.

BTW
one last thing, sending bows of hash was just used as an example.
but...ship smart and everyone will have a smile on their face
:)
View Image
great post Gnome ✌️

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
well anything mailed is federal so don't hold your breath waiting ....yeehaw...I used to keep shipping materials in a trunk one of my cars...never around mj smell and followed other common sense rules...

the gnome

Veteran
:yeahthats
yup, usps is federal,
but lots of peeps send it that way because usp-fedX can open packages at whim and have been known steal shit.
usps requires a warrant to open it up or so I'm told.
but as pointed out... get caught and its a federal case.... yeehaw....

The Revolution

Veteran
WHen I shipped I guaranteed all arrivals. in the event something didnt arrive Id work it out so all members were happy.

EastCoast710

depends.. is he on drugs.. could he be the oine that sent the letter to get some cash out of you? being like ya i sent it . then send u another letter sayin git was seized and then fucking asking you for the dough ? iuno.. i wouldnt send anything to anyone without knowing before hand what would be the sitaution if it doesnt show up.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
WHen I shipped I guaranteed all arrivals. in the event something didnt arrive Id work it out so all members were happy.
and so it should be ....yeehaw..second replacement shipment has to be diff address if that occurs..thats how you do business and last..sending same shipment to same addy is stupid

Bud Jones

depends.. is he on drugs.. could he be the oine that sent the letter to get some cash out of you? being like ya i sent it . then send u another letter sayin git was seized and then fucking asking you for the dough ? iuno.. i wouldnt send anything to anyone without knowing before hand what would be the sitaution if it doesnt show up.
It worked well for half a year or so . Lately became amateur hour apparently . The letter was certified . Saw a copy .. It's legit

Bud Jones

Shipper split the loss .. No more amateur hour .. Lesson learned . If you want logistics dove right , do it yourself .

FireIn.TheSky

yup, usps is federal,
but lots of peeps send it that way because usp-fedX can open packages at whim and have been known steal shit.

I have read about this sort of thing in the news, it seems they will flag a package, have an undercover deliver it then bust you soon after. If they never open it no need for a warrant.

Ready4

Veteran
yup, usps is federal,

Hello all - yeah people tell me that, I laugh. USPS needing a "warrant" most certainly does not make you safer - it is a joke, for them to get that warrant is effortless = you have zero extra protection and are violating federal law with the USPS.

While UPS and Fedex technically can open packages, the reality is they almost never do. I know people that work for Fedex, they have never really seen any packages opened at their center.
As far as "stealing" - I have never had a problem with Fedex stealing. Of course I ship all legal items, but have had stellar 5 star service from Fedex. Unlike UPS, the Fedex ground/home delivery people are not corporate employees - they are working for independent route owners who are held responsible for any missing or damaged packages. Also a company like Fedex delivers many times the volume that USPS delivers.
Common sense ( sometimes rare) can go a long way to having zero problems, many good packaging suggestions from several folks in this thread.

Bud Jones

I have read about this sort of thing in the news, it seems they will flag a package, have an undercover deliver it then bust you soon after. If they never open it no need for a warrant.
it was flagged before it left the state .. Not sure how that works . Was never delivered . Who gets charged?

Bud Jones

Hello all - yeah people tell me that, I laugh. USPS needing a "warrant" most certainly does not make you safer - it is a joke, for them to get that warrant is effortless = you have zero extra protection and are violating federal law with the USPS.

While UPS and Fedex technically can open packages, the reality is they almost never do. I know people that work for Fedex, they have never really seen any packages opened at their center.
As far as "stealing" - I have never had a problem with Fedex stealing. Of course I ship all legal items, but have had stellar 5 star service from Fedex. Unlike UPS, the Fedex ground/home delivery people are not corporate employees - they are working for independent route owners who are held responsible for any missing or damaged packages. Also a company like Fedex delivers many times the volume that USPS delivers.
Common sense ( sometimes rare) can go a long way to having zero problems, many good packaging suggestions from several folks in this thread.
more good info .. Thx ✌️

the gnome

Veteran

different strokes..
regardless who you go with every place has they're
share of snoops and thieves
I'd say it's definitely a good thing to have options to work with

bottom line...
it's up to the people involved to do the homework and go with what they feel is the best option.
use all the common sense ya gots(or borrow some) because in the end there's only so much you can do on your end to make sure your horse come in.
aaaand..... until the horse come in
if it makes ya feel a bit more at ease
and sleep better at nite...... fuk ya! :smoke:

corky1968

Veteran
Don't track the package with your home IP address. They can see who tracks the packages.

That's it, you better run now. The NSA has a black helicopter heading your way now for spilling the beans.

Next time, tell the seedbank to hide your seeds inside a huge dildo.
I bet the postal service won't play with it when they see it.:biggrin:

shithawk420

Veteran
Holy shit that was funny corky! That's actually a good idea until you have to explain why your getting multiple shipments of dildos sent to your house.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
That's how I like my seeds delivered..

That's how I like my seeds delivered..

Next time, tell the seedbank to hide your seeds inside a huge dildo.
I bet the postal service won't play with it when they see it.:biggrin:

After a couple of confiscations I now have then ship them how they want (removed from pack) in a gift.

Got some odd gifts besides a vibrator.

Bunny Ears, Ash Trays(metal pocket types), solar lights.

They get pretty good at it. :party: I have to figure out where they put the seeds.

Latest posts

Latest posts