What's new

Package seized . Who's responsible ?

watts

ohms
Veteran
That's it, you better run now. The NSA has a black helicopter heading your way now for spilling the beans

No, just an undercover postman, his buddies, and a warrant. But if we are talking seeds here, then it's highly unlikely. However, it's well documented that they do in fact track IP logs to investigate drug crimes.

How a drug dealer’s IP was found out by package tracking

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/05/how-the-usps-targeted-a-drug-dealer-via-his-ip-address/

corky1968

Veteran
Holy shit that was funny corky! That's actually a good idea until you have to explain why your getting multiple shipments of dildos sent to your house.

shithawk420, blame it on Randy Bobandy.

Don't get onboard a plane with a dildo. They may want you to turn it on to make sure it's not a Bomb. LOLZ

B

BAKED_BEANZ

No, just an undercover postman, his buddies, and a warrant. But if we are talking seeds here, then it's highly unlikely. However, it's well documented that they do in fact track IP logs to investigate drug crimes.

How a drug dealer’s IP was found out by package tracking

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/05/how-the-usps-targeted-a-drug-dealer-via-his-ip-address/

i think everyone on this forum should be using a vpn , unless legal .
you are correct ,seeds or bigger regardless don't track package from home ip , without a quality vpn . you would be a tool. if your checking tracking with a traceable ip , how else would you have the tracking number for the package if they weren't yours . and you checked it 10 times like an expectant mother. it would be enough for a warrant . if they could be bothered

anyway , i don't care who you are , if you got half a set between your legs , you accept you rolled the dice when you ordered . if the seed bank re ships . good for them .

Last edited:

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
[X] Shipping Option - Guaranteed

I have had seeds stopped by U.S. Customs and they had the Blue Tape and the letter.

The vendor always sent replacements:party:and I got them

This guy's got it right. There ARE some seed banks that offer an optional guarantee for a small fee. Is it worth it? It would be if you were the OP.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
shipping anything more than seeds the details of possible negative scenarios should be discussed in depth,
what if it gets snagged?
who is responsible if A-B or C happens?

tell me exactly every detail how you plan to ship me that pound of hash?
OR
the $3000 in cash? all should be ironed out BEFORE
any transaction is initiated.
AND
just because the guy sez
"dude! no worries it's gonna be seal-a-mealed"
doesn't mean anything..... not to me anyways.

here's an imaginary scenario,
say gnome wants to send a bow of hash to his bud via usps.
if he has resin on his hands and handled the bags before on the outside
the dogs can smell it.
even if Ive never touched dope in the last year I would:
wash hands with alcohol/wear those sterile gloves
use unopened uncontaminated bags,
after its sealed trim the excess bag on both ends by cutting it
*on the seal*
toss the gloves
get new ones on
wash the bagged goods with acetone.
use say a container that has a large screw on lid,
like the kind you get 5lb of sugar in
fill it up a ways with Pnut butter and put the hash in the middle
warming the PNB makes life easier.
pack it up to the top with more PNB making sure there's no air spaces
duct tape the lid
wash the outside of the container with acetone
put it in a sturdy box that has never had any contact with resin and seal it up

send it to the addy the receiver wants
now, the return addy needs to be a viable, real address
use an alias on it but their computers UPS-UPS-FEDX will tell em the address is a dud
and raise a red flag.

send 3 days priority if it's not perishable, like cuts
like in one of the pre-made usps boxes so you can track it,
tracking makes good sense all the way around.
things happen
if it gets hung up somewhere for an unusual amount of time
it may have been snagged and maybe the cops are getting things in order for a controlled delivery.
which btw is a good reason to never have it sent directly to you, right...? right!

this may seem like overkill but if my butt was on the receiving end, this is the way I would want it sent to me,
same goes for sending cash.
always hide the goods *inside something*
if it's hash in PNB have something like aunt Bea's homemade organic PNB written on it with a pretty bow.
shit happens
what if there's a spill '
and your cheap ass box gets wet and falls apart,
the US Postal inspector or someone will be a lookin at a bow of hash and either report it or steal it.

my motto is... expect the unexpected
and have things worked out before hand for
every situation if possible.

there's times the packages sit in a warehouse between pickup points
and you better believe they have a quota of the how many times they run the dogs thru there and see if they can get lucky,
maybe they have a full time dog at the big main postal hubs.
I would if i were them :joint:

it's very real possibility the OPs package was flagged because
of a fake addy.

BTW
one last thing, sending bows of hash was just used as an imaginary example.
but...ship smart smart so everyone will have a smile on their face
:)
View Image

Beautiful picture, gnome!

Mucho respect for your security minded precautions.

Never been brave enough to use any form of mail delivery. But we always vac sealed ounces individually, put them in something, often something gutted-out, e.g., once a pair of bookshelf speakers, boxed up and then into another box and wrapped... yeah, wrapping paper. Usually “Happy Birthday” paper but of course near the holidays we’d use seasonal paper... sometimes just used a box from some item with pictures on the box before wrapping. Buy a new coffee maker? Save the box... and yep, wear gloves when wrapping. Scotch tape loves fingerprints. Vehicles used were always inspected for road-readiness and transfers only when 100% sober... But all that was from a time when I wore a younger man’s clothes.

I think security’s one of those things you cannot overdo!

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I pay an extra $8 to guarantee delivery..

I pay an extra $8 to guarantee delivery..

Seeds should be re-shipped for free, since the cost to produce them is about 2 cents each, if that.

They will be re-shipped if you pay for the guarantee. If they offer it and you do not chose that shipping option , your bad.

I alway pay for the guarantee :party: it pays

corky1968

Veteran
It's nice when a seed vendor reships after something goes missing.

But in reality, it's a gamble on the part of the buyer to buy seeds in the 1st place.
More so if you live in a country where growing is illegal. No wonder people go postal. :mad:

If you use a courier they DO open packages at will. Not at the larger centers because they will be on camera. But in the back of the pickup drivers truck, at any smaller sorting warehouses without any/many cameras, or in the delivery truck. If a driver thinks for a second theres drugs or money he/she will steal it or rat, unless you paid him/her off maybe. Also careful when using air shipments. Vacuum seals will pop if there is air left in the bag because of low pressure while flying. Use three seals and on the first one dont be too afraid of squishing the product you dont want to be making a balloon. Put it inside something hard like a peanut butter jar as mentioned or a case of some sort inside a box. Boxes get stabbed or crushed or dropped and accidentally opened and re taped all the time. If a box gets crushed and it smells like there was a skunk inside game over. Add weight. Person to person packages that are 0-5 lbs from known drug producing areas are the ones being looked at.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Seeds should be re-shipped for free, since the cost to produce them is about 2 cents each, if that.

The cost of the seeds isn't the point. If they replaced seeds for every moron that spends $100 and then can't germinate the seeds and then cries about it, that's all they'd get done.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
When I got seeds replaced..

When I got seeds replaced..

The cost of the seeds isn't the point. If they replaced seeds for every moron that spends $100 and then can't germinate the seeds and then cries about it, that's all they'd get done.

I wasn't due to lack of germination.

The vendor wanted to see the "Blue Custom Tape" and the letter from customs.

The scariest thing was going to the post office to retrieve the package and not knowing what was going to happen. NOTHING!

I'm not scared any more