What's new

PA/NJ/DE GROWERS UNITE!

pthway4-Whats up bro nice grow you got going on and if they are at 3 weeks/21 days let them go 10 weeks/70 days or longer I know it is tempting to want to snatch at 40 or 45 days and yes the herb is smokable but for all the time and effort that we put into these lovely ladies nurturing, giving and receiving love we should wait til what is best for each individual strain. Now their are 40-45 day strains out their but I have yet to grow or smoke one that was satisfactory. I am no expert but I believe they should be taken as far as possible towards the end of the harvest window. Radio Shack has a 10x-60x hand held microscope (if that is what it is called) does the job for me every time just wait til you have %30 amber trichs, this will ensure getting a nice punch out of your given strain. I am sure we all have taken some buds early in the 30s or 40s when desperate for smoke so I can not knock it but if you have the patience wait bro just wait and you said you have patience. quick ? what nutes are you using and any CO2 enhancement and overall day/night temp and humidity.
Your overall environment along with nutes used effect yields and time of harvest on any strain, hope I can help but I am by no means an expert I just try to be thorough/wordy in getting my point across.

Good luck to you on your grow and keep it green

W

WeldFlash420

pthway4 said:
Just wanted to give a heads up..space blankets at wal mart are 2 bucks a peice they are 5x8 feet and they reflect light excellently..they actually may be mylar.....best solution and cheapest if your wrrid for security..it's something you can get a you friendly wal-mart

Hell yeah! I use them in my cab and it was a hell site cheaper then buyin mylar outright. Welcome to the thread Pthway4, and nice grow you have there. As for me, well I just had to have my sister come pick up my three lady Vortex's to flower them out at her place cuz the temps were just too damn cold in the garage to flower them there. And I don't trust any space heaters in my cab. So, I'm about to start my outdoor beans here and veg them til I get the right temps outdoors to go ahead and plant. Come on MAY! Heres the list of whats going outside this yr. All compliments of Esbe through a mutual meduser friend....

purple ticinesis
luna blue
black tasmanian X Danish passion
danish passion X Erd Purp
Danish passion
Erd Beer
Guerilla gold
Early durban
E-Roc X Danish Passion
Purple peace
Biddy Early
UK outdoor

Hopin for a fine yr this yr. Keep it Green Tristate, and F.U.C.K.E.M forever.

xOOx

philly, pthway, benny, nice pix! looking good.

amish: cheese is coming along nice, it looks very parmesan covered, lol.

pthway: tnx for the tip of the mylar. as you can see though, i'm super lazy, white printer paper for me, lol. i would say the general rule for harvest, never take before at least 66 days of 12/12, for any strain.
if starting it from seed, start counting those days when you see the first pistil show its face after you flip to 12/12, a clone run can be straight 12/12 days counting from day 1 flip.
and if you take a little too early, just let it cure longer to get the buzz to come out of it a bit stronger, it's only gonna get better so much from the point when you take it down, but buds ripen like fruit (banana, apple) over time, the triches still age a little, some clear will turn cloudy and some cloudy will turn amber, even when off the plant! i believe some plants ripen while still on the plant, this would be a more commercial type strain, cut dry (or not) and out on the street, some strains need some time in the jar before they knock you on your ass. more of a head stash. it's really strain dependant.

vint: no, never done scrog, don't have the width in the closet to lay them horizontal. the shop lights are 4 ft tall double tubed, and there's 3 of them. they stand tall hanging on chains at an angle around the plant. just want to show everyone what you can do with just 3 cheap shoplights. keeping it old school, on the cheap, etc. what do you think they did before HID lighting! and remember, you don't need all this massive lighting to keep mothers alive, one shoplight, with only one tube in is probably enough for 1 mom, have both tubes for 2 moms, etc. just regular t8's! no need to spend on t5's. they dont have to be right up against the foliage either, a foot away leaning over is just fine to keep a mom alive, they will adapt to the low light. i have a small bonsai mom of her alive for way over a year and a half under 13W (13 watts!) CFL. or just one tube lit of a dual tubed shoplight works well too.

only boost light when you want more growth for cuttings.

as far as yield, when this girl dries, she doesn't really shrink that much, what you see on the plant is what you get pretty much, maybe almost 3/4 oz-1 oz (on a good run) at that height or a tad bit taller like 3 ft. which can last me a loong time. (2 hit wonder club, lol)

this morning i decided to do a sniff test on the main cola, took 3-4 deep sniffs and tried to figure out what the smell was. hard to describe, def skunky undertones, but a little bit of some sort of spice like garlic, saucey? and mixed in that is the sour grapefruit odor. just like if you sliced a fresh grapefruit in half and stuck ur nose right in it, that tingly sour odor. stem rubs leave the smell of menthol/vicks vapor rub, or cool peppermint patty on your fingers, which is more what the final bud smells like after it cures. soury menthol minty/lemon citrus, with a spray of skunk.

btw, 3-4 deep sniffs of that cola and holding it in gave me a nice euphoric buzz, no stone or high, just a big smile, and super happy feelings (top of the world) for about 30-40 minutes after that, and still feeling in a very good happy mood now. you guys should try it, just make sure you haven't smoked yet for the day. rough up your cola a bit so it emits some odor and sniff that in and hold it a few times, then wait. i bet you get a little mood boost!

xoox

pthway4

Philli,xOOx,weldflash- Thanks for the tip...I've been growing this mystery seed repeaatively but have a blueberry and some kush sprouting..question is does strain really affest the color and potency or does care and nutrients? I use fox farm organic grow and bloom but am about to switch to something new next crop....It is very..very...very difficult to find true strains here in my part of PA as I'm sure any PA grower knows..The only sunshine here is generated indoors!!!! I have to admit I am not much of a calender keeper although I know I should...i HAVE ALSO CHANGED MY ROom using the mylar, I will get new pics up soon....

xOOx

pthway: i'd have to go with strain is a very big part of it man (color, smell, taste, potency). the plant is going to produce its predetermined genetic cannabinoid?profile no matter what, if you manage to get it to its end game without over dosing it with nutes and making it die (65-95 days), or get it sick early on. if you freeze it in a state of early growth with bad nute regimen, it doesn't give enough time for its thc chemicals to be processed into a psychoactive state, so careless nutrients can be a bad thing too, i'm guessing.

i've smoked buds that came from the top cola, plump buds, side buds, small popcorns of this particular plant, and i couldn't tell the difference between them. it's all the same type buzz. i think proper care and nutrients may quicken your harvest, and add MORE yield, and an overall give you a more healthy green looking plant at end game, but quality/potency, i'm not sure about that. someone would have to prove this to me beyond a doubt for me to believe it. feel free to also, always like to learn. we need to call the mythbusters!

case in point, MG dirt and tap water for me, and i've had some sampler friends who could not tell the difference between this bud and "awesome uptown dro' grown d00d" lol. other then it may look fluffier, ok next time i'll step on it with my foot to squish it down for a complete fooling. dirt grown/dro grown my ass

strain man 95%. she's gonna be what she's gonna be.

xoox

PDO

i'll be honest ive never even ventured into this thread until now but i gotta tell ya as an east cost rep, ya mofos are repping man. i cant grow where im @ but i'll be watching here for sho thats of course if ya dont mind.

PDO = A BRAVE NAM VET

xOOx

ok, that's weird!

it says the last post was from someone named PDO?
who is PDO?
and why can't i see that post? what's the deal?

i clipped a small bud off the bottom of my girl to look at under the scope, and do a quick dry and test it this weekend. all the trichs are cloudy. some have a tiny little dot of clear on the tippy tops, but you know she's ready i think, but going to press on to see what happens. as soon as you clip the bud off the plant it loses its skunky undertones by 50%. and let me tell you, for a small little one-two hit of a bud, it absolutely reeks. the smell almost causes a dry heave/gag reflex. it smells somewhat greasey, oiley maybe. some kind of metallic odor can't pin it down, with a heavy waft of rotten fruit. not that sweet, but more maybe soury i guess? i've never smelled sour diesel or any of the sours, so maybe that's it?

i think i almost pinned it down, it smells like as if you opened a can of dole pineapple slices, and smells like the water that its stored in. a tiny bit sweet, somewhat sour, it has hints of freshly cut pineapple, with a little bit of that rotting fermenting pineapple water odor going on. it makes me think of grapefruits and pineapples, back and forth. this is pretty much the final bud smell when broken up. it smells just like that light green slamming shit you'd get uptown that reeks right through the baggy. but not like a skunk, not road kill ;( it only smells road kill during veg/flower.

it's getting close, and have to admit i hate harvest, dreading it. very messy, and stinky.

and yes, i'm riding the euphoric buzz off those delicious fumes again!

xoox

pthway4

I am about in the 4th week of 12/12 and for the most part the buds are swelling...I use fox farm guana nutes. but have stopped now for about six days..I would like them to use all the fertilizer in the soil before harvest time... :bashhead:

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
WeldFlash420 said:
I'm about to start my outdoor beans here and veg them til I get the right temps outdoors to go ahead and plant. Come on MAY! Heres the list of whats going outside this yr. All compliments of Esbe through a mutual meduser friend....
purple ticinesis
luna blue
black tasmanian X Danish passion
danish passion X Erd Purp
Danish passion
Erd Beer
Guerilla gold
Early durban
E-Roc X Danish Passion
Purple peace
Biddy Early
UK outdoor
Hopin for a fine yr this yr. Keep it Green Tristate, and F.U.C.K.E.M forever.
Now that's what I'm talking about Weld: That's a huge outdoor line up! Sounds great. Stay safe Bro and always keep it green.
Anyone else gearing up for the summer grow season?

W

WeldFlash420

Right on Vin. Next week begins the 08 season for me, and I'm going out like "the Browndirt Warrior". We're veggin until May 15th then out they go! Can't wait to see these Danish genes reachin out to the ultimate lamp in the sky. Shine on good people of the tristate!

Red_Nine

Just a quick note. Philly has it right. You need a scope to look at the trichs. There is no way to know when it's finished by counting the days. If you've grown the strain before and use the exact same methods, nutes, etc, you will have an idea when it's done, but unless you actually look at the trichs with a scope, there is no way to know for sure. Also, some strains are finished in 50-60 days, completely amber trichs. Please don't go by days, no matter what you've heard. When coming to a site like this, you only want to take advice from people that really have their shit together. Too many people that heard this or that, maybe did a grow or two, then answer peoples questions like they've been doing this for years. Be careful the advice you take, check it on other threads or ask for other opinions. You can get away with the bare minimum and have a successful harvest, but there's a reason the industry has new companies popping up everyday. Just like anything else, you can do it, or you can do it right. Most of us here like to do it right. Just look at some of the pics.

Reality

Ah it's been so long since I've been on here. You guys are still holding down the TriState for sure.. I've come across a bit of trouble financially and haven't been able to toke for about 3 months now. It's sad and makes me depressed when I think about how much I used to have. Now every thing is gone. Ahh didn't mean to rant in here, just came it to check things out and see how some old mates were doing. Peace and love to all my fellow tri staters!

vintner

Veteran
Red_Nine: Well said brother! :headbange
WeldFlash420 said:
Right on Vin. Next week begins the 08 season for me, and I'm going out like "the Browndirt Warrior". We're veggin until May 15th then out they go! Can't wait to see these Danish genes reachin out to the ultimate lamp in the sky. Shine on good people of the tristate!
Weld: I don't think a few weeks one way or the other is gonna make much difference. You're gonna have all summer to veg em. You shoudl consider waiting to germ till right after the next new moon. Or germ them right now while the moon is still waning (sorry if I spelled that wrong). If you go fior that sort of thing anyway. I started my tomatoes this week. It's a bit early, but I didn't want to wait another month. They's still be pretty small by Memorial Day when I put them out. I've found that (vegi) seeds planted right after the new moon germ a lot faster.

AmishFarmer

Vintner Is that before or after a bottle of that wine.lol jk.The moon does influence the planet greatly but I never heard that before though.

pthway4

Maybe we should form a UN for growers

Maybe we should form a UN for growers

to all those with bad luck....I think growers should form a suport group..we all know unexpected incident, police or a rat can easily cause eradication, starvation and loss of income..not to mention all the good strains....so it would be nice to support down on there luckrowers by donating clones...keep it rolling..........................

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
xoox:
if you cant see someones post, its cuz they are in coventry.
thats where the evil go when they are punished.

vintner

Veteran
Actually, Amish LOL ;) that's just folklore, but the Farmers Almanac swears by gardening acording to the cycles of the moon. Planting, harvesting, even fertalizing.
Reality Nice to see you stop by.

Red_Nine

Gonna try my first attempt at bubble tonight. Got the 8 bag 1 gallon set today, and figured I'd give it a shot. Got a bunch of leaves in the freezer, so we'll see what happens. Not sure If I should use all 8 bags or not. What do you guys do? What bags do you use?

J

jipedestran

Red_Nine said:
Gonna try my first attempt at bubble tonight. Got the 8 bag 1 gallon set today, and figured I'd give it a shot. Got a bunch of leaves in the freezer, so we'll see what happens. Not sure If I should use all 8 bags or not. What do you guys do? What bags do you use?

I have the Five bag, five gallon set. I have ran them three times.

I simply found that I can produce FMCD quicker and easier by using dry sieve. I know I am not harvesting all the trichs possible, but the bags (to me) were not worth it.

The bag the bags came in was super cool thought

peace
jip

Latest posts

Latest posts