What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

P91 info

sandiegograsman

You are the only person I have ever come across randomly that seems to genuinely know anything about the original P. You did a great job if the origins do indeed trace to you. It's been years now since the time when it was obtainable. Nothing will ever touch it for quality. One question: how did you manage to lose it forever? I've spent a long time trying to track it down again after spending a long time tracking it down the first time years ago. It is a bit disenchanting to see the originator has lost it as well.

ogP91fam

You are the only person I have ever come across randomly that seems to genuinely know anything about the original P. You did a great job if the origins do indeed trace to you. It's been years now since the time when it was obtainable. Nothing will ever touch it for quality. One question: how did you manage to lose it forever? I've spent a long time trying to track it down again after spending a long time tracking it down the first time years ago. It is a bit disenchanting to see the originator has lost it as well.

i love this part of my life....i was deep in the scene and we were running around taking this stuff pretty seriously....i only wished the medical scene was there to legitimize our efforts in those days, and i would have surely made it my life's work instead of just a pastime. But the future looks good and i would like to get strains like p91 and even better....it is still possible, just takes a lil more digging these days....

Anyway..to answer your question of how we let it die, i hope you dont mind if i cut and paste an answer again...but i had answered the same question a while back on another site so why not just keep it easy......so here is my two cents on that:

"@ kushkills>crazy thing about it was that it finished flowering in 45 days....super fast. The plant was a sport...a one-off freak of nature, to be sure. Short, almost non-existant internodes, they were so close...so branchy, and lil nugs, all about walnut size or smaller but tons of them...super dense, golden amber and squat nugs...short and wide. Really no smell when growing...if you rub a leaf on a flower, you get almost an anise smell...strange, cuz it didnt smell pot-like. That smell goes away when it dries and the smell turns more thai like. The female sister of the father (thai) seeds that were used to make the p91 cross took like 80+ days to flower...super long. and a super small and airy yeild....great flavor but a long time for a small yield which was why having the baby come out a fast bloomer was just odd...truly a genetic anomoly.

@kushmeister>WHY DID WE LET IT DIE?? the answer is a classic case of what has happened far too much in our world when people hoard strains and get greedy instead of sharing.....a hard lesson learned. (One i honestly still struggle with sometimes with the new crosses. But i am getting much better at sharing and letting go)
Here is how my closest friends and I lost the p91:
We only let very few people have it....many that asked were told no. We also were young and new to the game and were really purely lucky to end up with such a great strain to begin with...we had no idea that it was better than everything else we would try to grow later...we figured the strains would just keep improving as we crossed them...we were confused, which led to bad breeding choices like 4-way unstable crosses instead on inbreeding and hybridizing using homogenized and/or pure strains that retained desired characteristics when bred instead of just getting a huge mix of results where the strongest characteristics survived instead of inbreeding for the more subtle but wanted characteristics. We were crossing like crazy and had too many strains going in each location, so we would share the responsibilities of keeping them going...one guy would grow and clone the p91 another guy the psk, etc....and we relied too much on each other, something i would never do now. We were growing in soiless media in those days, and reusing the soil over and over because we thought it made the taste better...we were saying, "This is organic p91 in third-round soil" we were proud of the fact when we got to 3-5 rounds of soil....then bam, science caught up with our technique which had been working so well....SALT BUILDUP! THe organic ferts. we were using were breaking down slow but by the time a few rounds passed, they were overwhelming the plants. We figured it out too late, and many many of the plants started failing...bud size was down to nothing and we believed the rumor that strains got sick and old when cloned and thought it was just at the end of it's line. By this time, the eyebleed (p91 x a nevil pure indica) was hugely popular and growing well and producing much more, so we started mass populating our grow rooms with it instead of p91 feeling like it was the next better thing....it wasnt. We kept a few going...and the sick plants just werent cloning well...fewer and fewer were surviving and we were focusing on other plants...there was an effort to keep it alive though....two people were charged with keeping a couple of p91 mothers each alive...one was in SD when all the raids went down, and he killed everything in a frenzy to get rid of all his plants...the other guy in LA was just spacing and let his dry out one day, and that was all it took...a simple mistake. we tried to get it back right away, knowing it was a mistake to let it die, even though it wasnt being appreciated the way it should have out of excitement for the new stuff coming out. A few people said they had clones soon after, and they were good friends who really might have gotten the og version, not a cross...especially one guy in san clemente that i lost touch with who MAY have been the ONE guy to keep the original alive and maybe that is the source of what is now circulating...i just dont know.

Many strains i know of died for very similar stupid reasons and mistakes....always because they were not well shared because of the competitive nature we had in those days. we all wanted to claim to have the best. ED2 (earthday 2, 422's sister) was actually stronger than p91 but nowhere near as tasty.and SOLID purple/black, not a green speck on it...it put you to sleep and was actually too strong. It is gone too, and just as missed. Same with Cream Green and only a few guys up north are still growing the 422, another legedary strain from that day that is almost gone now. This is why i want to be much more out there in the community now and why i am such a fan of this site and the information sharing that is going on...it is just that information is always capable of being wrong, or exaggerrated, or misinterpreted, etc....so it is good to be skeptical, i understand that, too..."

Daiwa13

The P was great, I remember it back in 96 to maybe 99 or so when they got rolled and it vanished, heard a few stories of a house getting busted in MM... but usually remember SR folks dealing with it. Only thing that comes close is a real deal hippy headband sticky & fuel greenhouse type..

ESCOknows

every picture of the p ive seen here is nothing like the p from back in the day 99-03.. the p i used to get always had small sticky nugs ,long,tiny ass stems , big trichomes,and a horrible trim job,...think purple haze trim job, with the leaves wraping the flower clusters.. smell was hard to describe, kinda like durban or OG like to salt and pepper , also came moist most of the time, i know for a fact its alive in the fallbrook area... i would put it up there with the kushes,but its been so long since ive smoked that stuff who knows..

DAMMMMM this made my day thankz a million too HINDU for starting the thread and also too OGP91 and GRASSMAN for runnin SanDiego up on game. keep me updated to seee if this marvelous strain ever ever ever pops up again its freakin 2010 thats crayzee if it is found i got some story to tell my older homeboys about this strain ever since i started blazin i herd them talk about it never actualy thot it was this big im a young buck so it figures why i wouldnt know anything about the history geeez i was only born a couple of years b4 1991 once again thankzzzzzzzz

J

JeffSpicoli

every picture of the p ive seen here is nothing like the p from back in the day 99-03.. the p i used to get always had small sticky nugs ,long,tiny ass stems , big trichomes,and a horrible trim job,...think purple haze trim job, with the leaves wraping the flower clusters.. smell was hard to describe, kinda like durban or OG like to salt and pepper , also came moist most of the time, i know for a fact its alive in the fallbrook area... i would put it up there with the kushes,but its been so long since ive smoked that stuff who knows..

shitty winter outdoor grow of a stressed plant... but this is p91
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

here is a pic of P91 that i grew out 4 years ago
21729DSCF3415.JPG

ogP91fam

fallbrook, huh??? i love a roadtrip and a picnic! im down south all the time....lets GOOOO!!
For real, i keep hearing encouragin stuff that it is still around, I would LOVE for that to be true and for someone to put me in touch with an authentic cut...pretty please! And then, i search some old threads and saw the pics above...and there are some telltale characterictics that say...."YEP, THats the real deal P~!" Like he said, a lil stressed-out outdoor grow, but there are things you can see that make me soo sure that is p91 that i know and love and that she is alive out there somewhere, and appreciated...how f'n cool!
There is another pic you posted with the nugs in a jar and that was the real seller for me...that pic gave me such flashbacks....seriously, i couldnt sleep last night. (i always have insomnia, but this time not even a super batch of sfv would put me back out...mind was racin, thinkin' of p)

esco...nice description...lol, then you see the pics and it perfectly descripes it, no? I agree that it was very hard to get quality, dry p91 in the days...not enough folks were growing it...demand was so high, because none of us wanted to smoke anything else...so to share was hard..ha! ANd most of all it was a picky plant to grow well....good thing was even grown bad the quality was amazing...just a terrible yeild if you pissed her off. when things went perfect, she rewarded you with huge lil tight nugs that were out of this world and done in 45 days when she was allowed to power thru with no stress...crazy girl! Mine was always dry, thank God...but i know a lot of it went out the door too early....hey Spicoli you know the deal..."Serve no fry before it's time!" I want the p back...please someone, let me get some sleep and set my sails in the direction of the real....

J

JeffSpicoli

all those pics are outdoor.
Here is the pic ogp91fam was talking about
picture.php

picture.php

I still hold on to this cut

like flavor flayve would say waaaaouuw ....yummmmm i need some of that in my system i love me some outdoor you plan on doing this cut this year? cuzzz growin season is right around the corner

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Dont know much about the history but I used to get P91 alot when I was in San Diego back in the early 90's living in Spring Valley and Escondido. Did some bouncin in a few clubs in the East County and few cats would always have it or claimed to have it. Always put me on a cloud and it got them in to the hotspots for free!! Thought I had finally gotten a cut recently, only to realize it was somethin else. The hunt continues!

J

JeffSpicoli

like flavor flayve would say waaaaouuw ....yummmmm i need some of that in my system i love me some outdoor you plan on doing this cut this year? cuzzz growin season is right around the corner

Just finished up the last of my outdoor girls a week or so ago... No plans for anymore outdoor growing. At least not for a while. Gonna have to move to a new place, so i cant be having girlies going outside when trying to sell my house.

But ill for sure be doing some indoor P91. I have lots of other ladies ahead of her, But after the next run, ill probably throw some P91's in the mix

ogP91fam

Dont know much about the history but I used to get P91 alot when I was in San Diego back in the early 90's living in Spring Valley and Escondido. Did some bouncin in a few clubs in the East County and few cats would always have it or claimed to have it. Always put me on a cloud and it got them in to the hotspots for free!! Thought I had finally gotten a cut recently, only to realize it was somethin else. The hunt continues!

the biggest spot it was growing in those days was actually encinitas...so, yepp, you probably were getting it from one of the guys in the area with that connection....so many good memories about it....so many celeb encounters because of it too...lol...always did get you into the clubs..concerts...fatty circles...VIP....thanks p!

awww maynnn i would have loved to see how huge they get when they grow a full season outdoor, i see that im gunna have to wait to see that happen but its all good in the hood i hate movin myself but chit happens i understand.... hellyeah man i would love to see some of dat in your next indoor run of that P91 keep me posted i look foward to see how dat P grows indoor

sandiegograsman

ogp91fam- I can totally relate to how you lost it. I lost it due largely to the same reasons: didn't want anyone else to have it so when my deal went bad, goodbye P. But good news, been tracking it like a mofo an I seem to have made some progress recently. If it all works out, I'll be driving to SD to retrieve it in the very near future. That ought to be a testament to the quality--I'm going to drive 1100 miles to come back for the P. Been dreamin of it for years... I've seen stuff that's almost the P a few times but of course it's not an it just makes me miss the P even more...Soon we shall meet again. Nice plants for an outdoor winter grow. Jeff, looks like you have the real deal on your hands, long time since I've seen a jar that looked like that. Totally unmistakable, little airy but unmistakable.

whisperingeye

Wow thanks for sharing all of your info on P91. There is a strain collector around SD that says he has the original along with 2 other people, that he has kept around for like 15 years. If that is true, I don't really know. I received a "p91" cut from someone else (two different people, the first guy said he couldn't pass it) recently which by the sound of it isn't real. I haven't flowered it, but when I do I will post pics and let you decide. If it is real will you tell me?

Thank you again for spreading the love!

sandiegograsman

Wow thanks for sharing all of your info on P91. There is a strain collector around SD that says he has the original along with 2 other people, that he has kept around for like 15 years. If that is true, I don't really know. I received a "p91" cut from someone else (two different people, the first guy said he couldn't pass it) recently which by the sound of it isn't real. I haven't flowered it, but when I do I will post pics and let you decide. If it is real will you tell me?

Thank you again for spreading the love!

Clone it first that way if it is what it's supposed to be ya don't lose it.

ogP91fam

ogp91fam- I can totally relate to how you lost it. I lost it due largely to the same reasons: didn't want anyone else to have it so when my deal went bad, goodbye P. But good news, been tracking it like a mofo an I seem to have made some progress recently. If it all works out, I'll be driving to SD to retrieve it in the very near future. That ought to be a testament to the quality--I'm going to drive 1100 miles to come back for the P. Been dreamin of it for years... I've seen stuff that's almost the P a few times but of course it's not an it just makes me miss the P even more...Soon we shall meet again. Nice plants for an outdoor winter grow. Jeff, looks like you have the real deal on your hands, long time since I've seen a jar that looked like that. Totally unmistakable, little airy but unmistakable.

1100 miles...that is a testamonial! Im with you...id drive that far too if i knew it was the real deal. I literally couldnt sleep after seeing that pic of the jar..(thanks so much for that spicoli)..thinking that it really is still out there and that i MIGHT one day taste that flavor again...spooky how sentimental i got about it...lol, but 4 really tho! ANd i was thinking the exact same thing....airy, but that's her....the amber color...i can almost taste the dirt thru the computer screen. Let me know how your trek goes and if i can help in any way ever, cuz im alot closer..(100 miles only). Thanks again Jeff for the inspiration.... It is picky to grow but there are tricks....i would love to be able to show some pics of what it really can do...and further..the dream of getting it back out there and to the medical community and breeding circle...damn, i may not be sleeping for a while.....
Cheers!

ogP91fam

shitty winter outdoor grow of a stressed plant... but this is p91
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

here is a pic of P91 that i grew out 4 years ago
21729DSCF3415.JPG

just look how close that top pic of the nuggets look to some old school chocolate thai..not all compressed from a boat ride but the color and creaminess of the trics..almost oily...you can see that at its base it is mostly thai so it is no wonder that it has that old leather coat, dirt rock flavor just like the ole chocolate thai we all wish we could taste again too.....those are the two flavors in pot i would love to taste again before i spring this mortal coil....chocolate thai, and p91....and they are quite similar! >>..and thanks to cool sites like this...i may just be able to do that sooner than later....

Latest posts

Latest posts