What's new

P19 Haze

Tipz

if you look very carefully you will see the P19 pollen source

and the Blackwreck mother...
i have only progressed to the point that i have clones of this, so much more work is needed.. it won't be some big mystery, i'll chronicle the entire way! if it turns out good....great if not, we will see that too.

Attachments

• P1000933.jpg
    P1000933.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 11
  • P1000934.jpg
    P1000934.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 17

Tipz

P19Hz

P19Hz

sorry for the clarity of the pic, but u get the drift. The Blackwreck mom is Trainwreck X BlackHaze at first i was gonna call it blockhead haze Now its just P19Hz

Attachments

• P1010292.jpg
    P1010292.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 9

Tipz

P19Hz

P19Hz

i have not selected the plump dark ones, which i will...just not enough time

Attachments

• P1010293.jpg
    P1010293.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 10

Tipz

i've never done my own smoke reports its just doesn't seem right, so i sent samples to others and they did the report on blackwreck. Blackwreck is a full blown foxtailing sativa, i have many pictures of it. the expressions on Blkwr so far have been predominant colombian genes. i would expect the same when it combines with the p19. as ratios would have it tho, i would expect some p19 and hybrid Phenos.....its a F1. If you like sat highs, in my estimation blkwr is better than p19 in that regard

Tipz

P19

P19

this is the fem side of the P19

Attachments

• P1010307.jpg
    P1010307.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 9
  • P1010304.jpg
    P1010304.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 11

Tipz

P19Hz

P19Hz

Combining ability, don't know yet
Genes.... are really good
expectations..... very high!

Attachments

• P1000623.jpg
    P1000623.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 9
  • P1010315.jpg
    P1010315.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 10

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey Tipz, gotta ask where did you get your Blockhead from (seed or clone)? Also are you sure you have the P19 pheno? Many of us are on the P19 hunt from the BH IBL (supposedly based on the elusive P19 pheno) but don't think any of us have found a pheno yet that completely resembles the original P19 mother used that is why I ask. Other than that the strain sounds nice. GL with your project. Take care 1

Tipz

hey

hey

Hey Tipz, gotta ask where did you get your Blockhead from (seed or clone)? Also are you sure you have the P19 pheno? Many of us are on the P19 hunt from the BH IBL (supposedly based on the elusive P19 pheno) but don't think any of us have found a pheno yet that completely resembles the original P19 mother used that is why I ask. Other than that the strain sounds nice. GL with your project. Take care 1

seed, the original sat in the cross was suppose to be malawi, i don't think anyone has seen that completely original pheno The P19's or whatever they are, that a few people have, are probably about as close as anyone is gonna get without a whole lot more work and even more luck. On growing out mine, i did not feel it was sativa enough and the potency could be better so i crossed it with the most haze plant that i have, which is blackwreck, where the colombian genes predominate. I'll put up pics as it goes, and we will see where it ends up

Tipz

i think so.....the confusion was only excerbated when a breeder here claimed he had selected for the african phenotype, when in fact ....that was just hype to sell seed.
P19 is just a name for a blockhead phenotype that has been selected maybe a couple of times, but in no way even closely resembles a african sativa. so either we use the hyped up P19 moniker that people seem to recognize.. or we just say its a selected blockhead, which is closer to the truth. Hopefully the cross to a definate hz will move it more in that direction. either way.....here pics will determine it... not some seed seduced teenaged cheerleader tipz

Tipz

tipz

tipz

Wasn't the elusive p19 what spurr was after?

Concluded the quickest route was double haploid then he left...

A natural double haploid expression is a rare bird indeed
and when chemically induced the entire genetic makeup is affected, and the plant doesn't even vaguely resemble what u were trying to get..maybe thats why he gave up.

that type of induced phenotype is beyond the grasp of most labs, much less within the reach of hacks like me

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey Tipz, ok now i'm understanding kinda what you did in terms of how you bred the strain and came up with the name P19Haze. I'm just really passionate about some things and the P19 was something I was focusing a lot of energy on a little while back and want to see it represented correctly I should say. A little quick history on the P19 from what i've gathered when I was after the Blockhead: the P19 is an unknown African sativa (its hasn't ever been stated to be Malawi that Breeder Steve used in the original release of Blockhead, P19 came from a guy called crazy yanqi). This guy was working with this special African sativa indoors for awhile before he let Breeder Steve get some stock and he warned Breeder Steve not to release anything with it in its genetics due to its pyschosis and paranoia inducing high in people with mental instabilities. Steve grew 500 seeds and all of them hermied except the 500th seed which was a pure female, Malawi doesn't herm that much and not in the hands of a skilled breeder/grower like Steve. There are actually a few people on this site that used to have and grew the original P19 strain (not just the elusive BH pheno many are searching for, reason I say elusive is look at the original Blockhead release and the follow up releases over time and then look at how many ever found a P19 pheno, it was 1/2 of the genetic makeup of BH but rarely shows as its very recessive). Most of the time with Blockhead you get mainly a Sweet Tooth expression (whether it be the SPG or Blueberry) with some characteristics of the high coming from the P19 side (those indica structured plants with blow your head off crazy sativa highs).

I'm working a special project myself right now (trying to keep it on the low for now and I had to set a few of the facts straight about P19 which I believe gets used loosely when Blockhead is mentioned at times) and some of that genetic info. just isn't available to us right now but maybe after dna profiling of strains we'll have an answer or at least a better understanding of what strains like P19, OG Kush, and so on really are. Sorry for the P19 rant. I actually have the BH IBL but still want a breeder to release the BH in F2 or F3s from open pollenations from large selections. The BH IBL is good from reports (i'm still growing mine currently) but still I think its a little bit below what i'm truly after, a better representation of the P19.

Like I said earlier GL with your project. I just was curious about this thread the 1st time I saw the words P19Haze. If it would have said BlockheadHaze i'd a been like sounds nice and kept on surfing through ICMAG but the words P19 made me stop and take a closer look. I wasn't trying to start anything with you by responding I was just trying to figure out at first what was going on. If you knew what my project was you would have a better understanding of why I put some of that info. up but like I said i'm trying to stay off the radar for now about my project (i've had to scrape projects before because someone with a bigger name followed the path I was taking). So for the most part I try not to give out many details anymore, hope you understand. Again sorry for getting this thread off topic. You take care 1

P.S. Yes to isolate that rare pheno is a hard goal to reach thats why like you said most give up and few have tried.

Tipz

Hey Tipz, ok now i'm understanding kinda what you did in terms of how you bred the strain and came up with the name P19Haze. I'm just really passionate about some things and the P19 was something I was focusing a lot of energy on a little while back and want to see it represented correctly I should say. A little quick history on the P19 from what i've gathered when I was after the Blockhead: the P19 is an unknown African sativa (its hasn't ever been stated to be Malawi that Breeder Steve used in the original release of Blockhead, P19 came from a guy called crazy yanqi). This guy was working with this special African sativa indoors for awhile before he let Breeder Steve get some stock and he warned Breeder Steve not to release anything with it in its genetics due to its pyschosis and paranoia inducing high in people with mental instabilities. Steve grew 500 seeds and all of them hermied except the 500th seed which was a pure female, Malawi doesn't herm that much and not in the hands of a skilled breeder/grower like Steve. There are actually a few people on this site that used to have and grew the original P19 strain (not just the elusive BH pheno many are searching for, reason I say elusive is look at the original Blockhead release and the follow up releases over time and then look at how many ever found a P19 pheno, it was 1/2 of the genetic makeup of BH but rarely shows as its very recessive). Most of the time with Blockhead you get mainly a Sweet Tooth expression (whether it be the SPG or Blueberry) with some characteristics of the high coming from the P19 side (those indica structured plants with blow your head off crazy sativa highs).

I'm working a special project myself right now (trying to keep it on the low for now and I had to set a few of the facts straight about P19 which I believe gets used loosely when Blockhead is mentioned at times) and some of that genetic info. just isn't available to us right now but maybe after dna profiling of strains we'll have an answer or at least a better understanding of what strains like P19, OG Kush, and so on really are. Sorry for the P19 rant. I actually have the BH IBL but still want a breeder to release the BH in F2 or F3s from open pollenations from large selections. The BH IBL is good from reports (i'm still growing mine currently) but still I think its a little bit below what i'm truly after, a better representation of the P19.

Like I said earlier GL with your project. I just was curious about this thread the 1st time I saw the words P19Haze. If it would have said BlockheadHaze i'd a been like sounds nice and kept on surfing through ICMAG but the words P19 made me stop and take a closer look. I wasn't trying to start anything with you by responding I was just trying to figure out at first what was going on. If you knew what my project was you would have a better understanding of why I put some of that info. up but like I said i'm trying to stay off the radar for now about my project (i've had to scrape projects before because someone with a bigger name followed the path I was taking). So for the most part I try not to give out many details anymore, hope you understand. Again sorry for getting this thread off topic. You take care 1

P.S. Yes to isolate that rare pheno is a hard goal to reach thats why like you said most give up and few have tried.
The story of P19 has been repeated continually and beaten to death, any personal insights of anyone other than the breeder are second hand at best, and i would be skeptical that 499/500 hermied and one magical plant didn't. Blockhead is not a IBL, in order to be considered an IBL 90% of the plants phenotypic expressions must be stabilized, and what they call BH IBL is not stabilized nor is it a IBL, its just more hype that surrounds these misrepresented releases. its a misconception to think that any phenotypic expression is suppressed due to a recessive genetic makeup, that is just not the case. Thank you for sharing your insights and goodluck

A natural double haploid expression is a rare bird indeed
and when chemically induced the entire genetic makeup is affected, and the plant doesn't even vaguely resemble what u were trying to get..maybe thats why he gave up.

that type of induced phenotype is beyond the grasp of most labs, much less within the reach of hacks like me

Although he hasn't said a word, I doubt he gave up, guy was solid imo... And agree on this being slightly beyond grasp but he'd has the best chance of any of us... Maybe of his birds can chime in.

Side note... You ever grab beanho's blockhead f2s when he had em?

Tipz

BH

BH

i'm a sativa guy, when i purchased the blockheads i did so because the breeder had stated he had selected from several phenotypes the african sativa side of things, and i really wanted to use that line in my projects, little did i know it was being misrepresented. the plant itself has some very good qualities worthy of keeping. the high needed alittle help much like the first blockheads.......hello Blackwreck, the best damn sativa i've ever grown. and the rest is yet to be seen

Latest posts

Latest posts