What's new

Overwatered or underwatered?

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
SoMeGuy1337

One issue that is hardly addressed on these types of forums/boards/threads is how the potting soil is handled from point of origin to the final retailer.

What I'm saying is that if the potting soil product sat in its plastic bag in the sun, then the development of anaerobic fungui and bacteria can definitely adversely affect the product.

There are a couple of solutions which aren't very costly. Do you have access to quality earthworm castings where you live? If so, then taking 4 cups of earthworm castings and letting them 'brew' in 5-gallons of water for a day or so and then applying that to your soil may prove helpful.

If you're into 'aerated compost teas' then the effect and benefit will be increased. An advantage to be sure, but the simple process of applying straight earthworm castings tea will move your garden forward, IMHO

HTH

CC

"2 months of growing" not with our happy hungry little friends- not at optimal growth rates anyhow. Judging by the closeness of the leaves, overall vigor of your plant and the size of your buds there is more afoot then overwatering. If you've never fertilized and your flowering, I assure your soil has long since been consumed on anything your plants really want a lot of. It is time to feed!! And let your soil dry out till you can get your first two knuckles of your finger in there and just feel a bit damp. Feed maybe, every other watering at first. Take 'er easy there boss.

A light foliar feeding should help get you going in the right direction. Do the rest with water in's. Read up on the fert you going to use on here to get an idea of how much you need.

The suggestion for using some compost teas is money! First off, pour some kelp meal onto your soil, it could not hurt and only help. Just sprinkle liberally.

Highly recommend a composted aerated tea with some flowering guano (I would guess 1-2 tablespoons per gallon of water- strength can be varied), 1 cup or so of earthworm casting per gallon, 2 tablespoons kelp meal per gallon, and a 5ml of molasses per gallon. If your feeling saucy get some sort of microlife starter and add it too. Put all the dry stuff in a dress sock (or what have you) along with a couple handfulls of coco. If you don't have the coco, no sweat. Anyhow, get a simple aquarium air pump with 2 lines, add two air stones to 5 gallons of water (be sure it let it sit for 24 hours aerating first if you use tap to get the chlorine out before you add the sock of goodness). Add the molasses by mixing it in a couple cups of hot water to melt it down, then pour into your bucket with the water. Let it "brew" for 24 hours and use half- don't drench it too hard as your watering in more the next day. Wait 24 hours and use the other half. Add more water if they need with watering #2.

Now let it go till its dry to your 1st/2nd knuckle of your finger again. If they cool, use the tea maybe once a week.

Yummers sauce for your babyies.

K

Kush_Dreams

No I was referring to the comment that Kush made. Me and you have no beef. I like constructive criticism as it will help me out, but I should not have to tolerate mockery from people like Kush. I believe I will find that you will agree.

Sorry SG...i meant no harm,lighten up or light one up.
Did you fail to read my other comment? I even wished you luck.

I'm not out to tear you down,i think it's great you're trying to get something going.Heck, i laugh when i think about the mistakes I've made with some of my plants so don't feel so down,I'm nicer than i seem :)