What's new

Overwaterd Greenhouse

Zdub7k

^^^that is very true^^^ which is why I made roll up sides on mine, come this fall ima be droppin those babies and keeping the dew off of my flowers...everything looks great man. The ventilation is surely suficient if not overkill.....what these guys dont realize is that when the cover is on it holds heat....making the plants evap much more water....if anything I would keep doing what your doing....letting it get really hot and humid and then sucking out the humid air and repeating..looks great man, and I can see youve put alot of hard work into your greenhouse....I wish you happy harvests

Zdub7k

^^^that is very true^^^ which is why I made roll up sides on mine, come this fall ima be droppin those babies and keeping the dew off of my flowers...everything looks great man. The ventilation is surely suficient if not overkill.....what these guys dont realize is that when the cover is on it holds heat....making the plants evap much more water....if anything I would keep doing what your doing....letting it get really hot and humid and then sucking out the humid air and repeating..looks great man, and I can see youve put alot of hard work into your greenhouse....I wish you happy harvests

S

SeaMaiden

Yea Im aware of the dif between circulation and ventilation. If you stand in front of the door with the fans on its quite windy, sucking in cool outside air x the circulation fans. 10,000 cfm circulating and 10,000 cfm being pulled out of the greenhouse. So today I let the greenhouse get to 108 degrees, didnt allow the ventilation to come on.... All the plants were standing tall and leaves praying to the sun, leaves uncurling. The greenhouse walls were running with condensation. The ventilation is running now, seems to have helped them sweat it out a bit. No wilting or upward curling, looking much better.
Thanks for all the advice!

FYI I was at cheese at hornings hideout... Wonderful time :)

That sounds just like a fish room where I used to work, except the condensation was always worst on the really cold mornings.

You've gotcha some CFMs! Definitely ventilated.

junior_grower

for your next vacation an automatic timer might be better than "help". I have found that "help" isn't worth the headaches.

KT420

WOW, must be nice to have such problems lol! Don't go to hard on the help, train them better, or maybe use a lighter soil mix next time. Easy to fix underwatered, hard to fix overwatered!

Latest posts

Latest posts