What's new

Overcomplicating a grow........ Or: K.I.S.S.!

cyat

Veteran
Hunter no disrespect, but it looks like those plants are burned from overnute.
could be distorted from the yellow light maybe?

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Hunter no disrespect, but it looks like those plants are burned from overnute.
could be distorted from the yellow light maybe?

I took the pic with an old cell phone camera (I left my reg camera on someones boat...again) :rolleyes:

The plants have not been fed for 10 days when I took the pic.

The funny looking "shine" comes from the yellow MH light being reflected from the yellow/dieing/dead leafs which are partially dried up.
I guess I need to pick them out of there next time I take a pic lol

But no they are not burned.
(Why would I post up a pic in my own thread showing burned plants lol)

C

CannabisBotany

My two cents:

Cannabis can be grown as simple as dropping a seed on the ground or as complicated as using a 10 part nutrient solution in a multi level NFT system with everything controlled by timers with temperatures, ph, and tds directly fed into a customized hand coded software program.

I think that's why so many of us love to grow because we each customize our grows to meet our needs and share our experiences in the process.

over nute and your leafs are missing crucial wavelengths of blue, its why the yellowing, yes we get it you think its from flushing but u hps guys usually miss the boat on that fact that its a light deficiency as well. huge buds though. oh and your yellow mh isnt providing the blue im talking about.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
over nute and your leafs are missing crucial wavelengths of blue, its why the yellowing,

Dude....I guess you must not have seen my response a page or two back.

And, by the way, leafs (especially the large fan leafs) yellow naturally close to when the plant gets ripe due to lack of N and a few other reasons.
I am not going to take the time to explain to you the "why" because it seems you (think you) know better anyways... ;)

On another note...I respect new growers & we all had our unique & own questions when we started growing.

However PLEASE EDUCATE YOURSELF about plant basics when it comes to growing Pot.
As I said no offense but I have tried to find a journal of yours (there is none) and I scanned through your posts. They are showing A WHOLE BARRAGE of more or less silly questions regarding growing pot. Many of them repeated basic questions in different parts of the forum.
As I said you do have my respect as a new grower but YOU NEED TO DO MORE OF YOUR HOMEWORK to get away from a few misconceptions you seem to have fallen for.

:thank you:

Dude....I guess you must not have seen my response a page or two back.

And, by the way, leafs (especially the large fan leafs) yellow naturally close to when the plant gets ripe due to lack of N and a few other reasons.
I am not going to take the time to explain to you the "why" because it seems you (think you) know better anyways... ;)

On another note...I respect new growers & we all had our unique & own questions when we started growing.

However PLEASE EDUCATE YOURSELF about plant basics when it comes to growing Pot.
As I said no offense but I have tried to find a journal of yours (there is none) and I scanned through your posts. They are showing A WHOLE BARRAGE of more or less silly questions regarding growing pot. Many of them repeated basic questions in different parts of the forum.
As I said you do have my respect as a new grower but YOU NEED TO DO MORE OF YOUR HOMEWORK to get away from a few misconceptions you seem to have fallen for.

:thank you:

leaves yellow naturally when flushed properly n lighted properly, yur fans are blue light starved, thats a crusty flush , it happens, its an hps thing.:wave::wave: people are just getting hip to it, even highly educated people like u who grow a plant anybody can untill u actually change your light will believe what u see as syptoms of a flush, its either overfed and sub par light or both, keep it crusty ol wise one -

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
^^^^^^All right well...I am done.

Someone else try helping this guy.

Uploading new pics in my grow thread now.

GrowForIt

KISS.... I've have went and complicated things many times thinking I was going to save time, or get better harvests. In the end all I ended up with was headaches, and a closet full of nutrients, buckets, pumps, and other junk I'll never use.

Simple is just better! :wave:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
My first 15 years or so of indoor growing were HPS only and never did I suffer a "blue light deficiency." I have however seen plants look like strain's that were grown outside under the sun alone where they have all the blue a plant could ask for. Personally, I always pulled them. By harvest, plants were nearly leaf free.

My first 15 years or so of indoor growing were HPS only and never did I suffer a "blue light deficiency." I have however seen plants look like strain's that were grown outside under the sun alone where they have all the blue a plant could ask for. Personally, I always pulled them. By harvest, plants were nearly leaf free.

how would u, u ran a hps for 15 years, my point being what would u notice if u never had it to began with, lol. u guys funny. when u run just a hps plants go through a hps flush, simple fact of this wonderful life just like they go through a hps strecth that resembles mother nature but little at times,. look out your window, is it 2100k lighting all day ? im over all advice on the ic that isnt from experience, and if my rooms perform unique as every room does i merely run it by actually living proof, at somepoint the icc has little to offer over trial n error trial n sucess, every garden is diff. , but please folks with 15 years of mono hps use dont speak on full spectrum lighting just look around the ic, im not the only one who has this info and freeze i know u run cmhs n are a great grower, so no disrespect.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
That's the point. 15 years and your fantasy scenario never showed up. I'd have seen it.

That's the point. 15 years and your fantasy scenario never showed up. I'd have seen it.

mmm perhaps u flushed properly? i know its hard to read details, sometimes people have two points n u only want to hear one, on the icc its pretty much expected.

crusty flush is from to much salt or from sub par light or both, just facts, look at the organic growers chem guys if u dont get this, u grow in a gentle way u get a gentle flush, u dont and u get curled up crusty spotty shitty looking leafs as your plant expunges excess salt that has it parched basically, but at times this look is from your hps bulbs, soon u will all learn this crusty ness comes from your light n not solely your lack of grower skill, just a little point, not worth a link bad mouthiing me which i reported. when u change lights youll will notice this, untill then u never will, everyones room is diff, some have enhanced hps bulbs, some run shag mh conversions with the least amount of par of almost any light on the market right in green n yellow with no blue or red and wonder why plants look like shit. keep it crusty, keep it sub par light, u guys are right plants fans are supposed to curl n crumble with spot on them during flush, perfectly natural.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
mmm perhaps u flushed properly?

No. I never flush. I'm ICs biggest fan of Water Cures. No flushing required. A normal reaction to ideal conditions is not a deficiency, it's a normal reaction to ideal conditions.

Perhaps you're the one with selective hearing.

ItGrows

mmm perhaps u flushed properly? i know its hard to read details, sometimes people have two points n u only want to hear one, on the icc its pretty much expected.

crusty flush is from to much salt or from sub par light or both, just facts, look at the organic growers chem guys if u dont get this, u grow in a gentle way u get a gentle flush, u dont and u get curled up crusty spotty shitty looking leafs as your plant expunges excess salt that has it parched basically, but at times this look is from your hps bulbs, soon u will all learn this crusty ness comes from your light n not solely your lack of grower skill, just a little point, not worth a link bad mouthiing me which i reported. when u change lights youll will notice this, untill then u never will, everyones room is diff, some have enhanced hps bulbs, some run shag mh conversions with the least amount of par of almost any light on the market right in green n yellow with no blue or red and wonder why plants look like shit. keep it crusty, keep it sub par light, u guys are right plants fans are supposed to curl n crumble with spot on them during flush, perfectly natural.

I sure would like to see some pics of your perfect grows. I would imagine you have huge beautiful ganja growing in piles of Bullshit.

No. I never flush. I'm ICs biggest fan of Water Cures. No flushing required. A normal reaction to ideal conditions is not a deficiency, it's a normal reaction to ideal conditions.

Perhaps you're the one with selective hearing.

u feed them heavy till the end, selective reading, your actually the only person who should have nothing to say on this as the other side of yellowing from poor light choices is a flush, something u dont do. why do u have questions? answer for u, no selective hearing here. perhaps a flush thats just not right(ppm to high, n to high, p to high, etc) n light missing crucial wavelengts causes a flush of its own, ponder it, its not the end of the day, no reason to condenscend me. u are very talented.

keep it crusty if u want to, freedom is great.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
u feed them heavy till the end, selective reading, your actually the only person who should have nothing to say on this as the other side of yellowing from poor light choices is a flush, something u dont do. why do u have questions? answer for u, no selective hearing here. perhaps a flush thats just not right(ppm to high, n to high, p to high, etc) n light missing crucial wavelengts causes a flush of its own, ponder it, its not the end of the day, no reason to condenscend me. u are very talented.

laughing013_2.gif

Ahh...yessss...the know it all non-grower:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=4212817&postcount=28

I truly wonder if he/she has ever harvested a plant.

Simon

Latest posts

Latest posts