What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OUTSIDER ART

fulltimehuman

I'm a guy and those are little linoleum cutting tools, little awls, and that one is a block of super soft rubber actually! art supply places will have either that soft rubber which is super easy to carve but it also tends to crumble. There are linoleum panels and then they mount those as well which are always easier, for a price. Then you can go the wood route. But seriously online you can go to amazon or some such place and get the rubber blocks and some tools for 20 bucks or so.

And I would always love to see some color anywhere! DAT will channel the part of DAT that Jackson Pollock channeled when he did Jackson Pollack....or something like that right?
I often use written words on my art. Some say that reminds them of Jean Micheal Basquiat or something.Go figure. I hear so many old bands etc. in new music its a big cycle of creative output. Or ripping off straight up whichever way ya want to call it!

S

supreme bean

i really like the scale of that in progress sculpture bean. I do enjoy seeing pictures of work in progresss very very much. Its the evolution of a piece of art that really intrests me the most. The most difficult point for me in the end of the piece where I have some serious mental battles about when its really finished.

Thanks.I worrk on this scale mostly so i pick it up a turn it around while im working.I tink i pick up the stone a put put it down about 30 times during a session .I can really feel it in body after.
The process is called direct carving .Very engaged and tactile.

One of the hardest things in paintings is knowing when to stop.
An overworked painting is common-painters usualy get around it by working on a number of canvasses at the same time,BUT not at the same time.
I get obsessed,i cant stop,abit here,abit off here.sometimes its better spend a while just LOOKING at the image.

S

supreme bean

Try priming the canvas with grey paint.painting a white canvas is difficult.
Grey instantly gives depth-of-field.more body.

Try it.

DAT

yeah I started another small painting while trying to finish that other one.
That really does help a lot. Also having my garden in the studio and working on the plants as well shifts my mind away and allows me a fresh perspective again when I turn back around look at the work.
lol, my studio reeks, im not using any filters. its smells sooo lemony!:dance013: had to place another scrog screen down . The buds are so heavy they were flopping over . This really helped to get more light onto the entire large colas and also to the smaller buds hidden beneath them.

Attachments

• 20141026_174410.jpg
    20141026_174410.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

DAT

Thanks for the kind words bean. How are things going for u. ?I'm having fun decorating for halloween and I started a new drawing.:pumpkin::pumpkin:

S

supreme bean

Thanks for the kind words bean. How are things going for u. ?I'm having fun decorating for halloween and I started a new drawing.:pumpkin::pumpkin:

Gday.When i was working.(self employed)i would wake and check my e-mails.Now no one e-mails me.so.i get up a check IC mag.

As your #1 fan.I eagerly await your next creations-guess it will be a while.:wave:
I finished previously posted sculpture.Pic later.Take it easy dudes.

Last edited:

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
I'm a guy and those are little linoleum cutting tools, little awls, and that one is a block of super soft rubber actually! art supply places will have either that soft rubber which is super easy to carve but it also tends to crumble. There are linoleum panels and then they mount those as well which are always easier, for a price. Then you can go the wood route. But seriously online you can go to amazon or some such place and get the rubber blocks and some tools for 20 bucks or so.

And I would always love to see some color anywhere! DAT will channel the part of DAT that Jackson Pollock channeled when he did Jackson Pollack....or something like that right?
I often use written words on my art. Some say that reminds them of Jean Micheal Basquiat or something.Go figure. I hear so many old bands etc. in new music its a big cycle of creative output. Or ripping off straight up whichever way ya want to call it!

Block carving is fun. I did it in high school - wish I still had any part of that project. I had the original drawing for a long time but it just vanished. 1 of the coolest abstracts I ever did.

Im not artsy at all really, not like you 2. Sometimes Im just compelled to create a picture or poem. I cant just sit down and say, Im going to do this or that.

I get the whole music thing too. Familiar with Blind Melons 1st album? I cant remember what song it was, a tiny part of a Beatles song I think, but that albums whole overall vibe was exactly like that little snippet.

Needed to spit that out. Now Ill finish catching up :biggrin:

EDIT: Done caught up. DAT, Trichomes does seem to be asking for something more, doesn't it? Like supreme said depth of color, that's what my eye is looking for there or more contrast or dimension. But then again, Im no artiste.

S

supreme bean

Art is my Salvation.

All i want to do,is have some fun.
Ive got a feeling im not the only one.

Anyone? ;D

S

supreme bean

1 of the coolest abstracts I ever did.You said it wildgrow.

SO-you are an artist.The games up chum!

DAT

Thank You. very beautiful marble sculp there beaner.
of the seated bather and the squash o latern
Thank you for your critique wildgrow. I appreciate your input. Yes the Trichomes paining is very flat. Its a slow finisher, like a 14 week sativa.
I harvested my C99 last night. My first Mainline Technique Attempt. And last.lol
and got a really nice scissor hash ball that really really fucked me up.
it was super slow to light up but once it caught fire it was smoldering like gold..

I got really intense chills for 10 minutes and had to cover up with 3 blankets. my body was convulsing intensly and my brain was on fire.
.. then I warmed up and enjoyed the high. Havent been that high in a while. I think this med is going to suit me perfectly.

Nice clarity and time warping. I was listening to the BLACK KEYS concert broadcasted live on the radio from their Seattle show . It was AWESOME!
I will def go in person next time they are in town.

They were doing some really killer psychedelic jams that were trippy as all.
My C99 is super sweet smelling, kinda like Papaya or some sort of fruit... but NOT pineapple.didnt get that Pineapple Pheno.

DAT

C99 scis hash before and after with a lil spicy Jack Herer kindeling....... this is DEF THE BESTS scissor hash I ever smoked.!

Attachments

• C99 Nov 1, 2014 Harvest 043.jpg
    C99 Nov 1, 2014 Harvest 043.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 33
  • C99 Nov 1, 2014 Harvest 044.jpg
    C99 Nov 1, 2014 Harvest 044.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 31