What's new

Outdoors in California 2013

C

CountryGoldGuy

Nice picture! I love the large plant seed grows, it's very exciting to see them all take unique shapes. Makes for great variation in headstash department too I'd say! :tiphat:

Skyrancher

Mendo,

Your thread is inspirational. Respect to your knowledge base, hard work, and willingness to share with the community. Thanks

I’ve been looking through your posts for your pruning method in veg and the month or so after transplant, but haven’t found one. What method do you use to get your plants growing so wide?

I would also like to support the locals, though I’m in the Santa Cruz Mountains. Is it appropriate to contact mendoseeds directly? If so, what is the best way to do that?

Do you suggest any seeds sources south of “Mendocino's Avenue of the GIANTS!”?

Originally Posted by MrChronicle
Mendo are any of your strains available in the bay area? Inspirational shit you got going on man
Soon..

I’m joining MrChronicle in anticipation. How do we find them when they come out?

How did you setup your drip lines and emitters? Did you built rings or do something different? Do you have pics to show the pot drip setup before planting?

You mention top dressing your plants. What type of drip emitter do you use to get the top dressing to leach down?

If you’re half serious about writing the 'The 10 pot commandments", put me on the list for a first edition copy.

OrganicBuds

Veteran
Skyrancher -
prune? I dont prune, cant even reach the inside of some of the plants now. They are 9'-10' across!

I did have to clean out 1 Slsd and 1 S bubble weeks ago. That seemed to flower and then re-veg.
I think it's how those strains grow. Dense, lots of nodes stacking with little inter node growth. first time with them so Ill see in the end.

Mendo are any of your strains available in the bay area? Inspirational shit you got going on man

his answer

If you click on Mendo's name, and hit filter posts, sometimes this helps fly through the BS of a thread. Hope this helps, the only reason I posted this is because Mendo has answered this several times in this thread. Hope that's ok.

Skyrancher

OB

Though I've read the entire thread through twice, once with Mendo filtered, while copying and pasting lessons learned, appears I'm out of line? By putting in the time to dilegently read and research the thread, I was trying to avoid asking previously asked and answered questions. Perhaps my questions are poorly worded or vague?

My question regarding pruning is directed toward the early stages of veg, months before the plants grew to 9'-10' across. The quote you've mentioned was asked and answered at a very late stage of veg, when pruning techniques could not be applied due to plant width, according to Mendo's answer. I'd hoped to be clear in asking a similar question, but for a different point in the growth process. I assume Mendo is using some technique or his plants would reach the moon. If Mendo needs to hold that info close or he has developed strains that grow wide as they do tall, I respect that. I understand the proprietary of his soil mixes and other techniques, as Mendo stated early in his thread. Perhaps this is one of those techniques?

Mr. Chronicle's question regarding strains availablity speaks to time. I'm asking how to get information when that time comes. Seems like a different question to me?

Seems I need to speak more delibrately. Thanks for drawing my attention OB.

mendo420

Veteran
What method do you use to get your plants growing so wide?
its the pots and genetics.
I would also like to support the locals, though I’m in the Santa Cruz Mountains. Is it appropriate to contact mendoseeds directly? If so, what is the best way to do that?
FB

How do we find them when they come out?
Their will be an announcement, may be a press release

You mention top dressing your plants. What type of drip emitter do you use to get the top dressing to leach down?
I hand mix into soil.
If you’re half serious about writing the 'The 10 pot commandments", put me on the list for a first edition copy.
sure!

Skyrancher

Thanks for the info

I'm using 5 - 1/2 gph drip emitters per 150 gallon hole in a "H" pattern for spread and coverage.

Do you use 1/2 gph or 1 gph emitters?

How many emitters do you use per 400 and 800 gallon pot?

thanks

dutch69lover

OB

My question regarding pruning is directed toward the early stages of veg, months before the plants grew to 9'-10' across. techniques?

I always place my fencing around my plants.....let them grow through it and help any stray branches make their way through the openings....they'll bush up for ya!!

Skyrancher

I always place my fencing around my plants.....let them grow through it and help any stray branches make their way through the openings....they'll bush up for ya!!

Light bulb just came on....got it...I love simple techniques that work wonders. I noticed the fences / wire cages in Mendo's pictures, but I assumed they were for support only. Helpful post Dutch...I'll try that next season. Might even be able to apply it to trees grown indoor. Great tip. Thank you

mendo420

Veteran
the cages are for support.

branches start to break with out support on the HUGE plants.

the plants just grow wide in these swimming pools.

mendo420

Veteran
update

update

things are stretching nicely.
Pistols are starting to come out.
pre-flower has started on some of the plants.
Their are still a few that have not started to flower. Late finishers.
Everything is right on time!

The weather is MILD. Plants are loving it.

I'm busy as hell managing all the plants, seed plants and males.

Not sure what to do with some of the BOG pollen.
I have pollen from blue kush, blue moon rocks, bog bubble, sour bubble, SLSD, sour boggle, sour life saver and sour strawberry kush.
Any suggestions?