What's new

Outdoor workhorse strains > 53 lat

Old Piney

Yes, I like the Maroc too. Early and resistant, sometimes some mold issues, but overall a great strain outdoors. Tried Maroc Inspiration (Blue Hemp) and (Purple) Maroc (Female Seeds) in the past, very nice and pretty potent plants. I have some TRSC Rif mountain seeds (Ketama) waiting for next season.

Getaway Mountain Seeds has some interesting strains by the looks of it.
Khalafa’s Moroccan Beldia has no mold issues, believe me I've grown it now for two seasons in soaking-wet New Jersey no mold at all.

Old Piney

Moroccan Beldia pictured on August 29 harvested second week in September
1701656075510.jpeg

Asentrouw

Guerilla Gold 2/3 are definitely breeding plants, I’ve done work with both and the #2 makes amazing hybrids for us northern growers. Are you in Canada?
I'm in Northern Europe, in a coastal climate. I had the GG #1 and #2 in the past. Very early and beautifull plants. But end of the season they just molded away right before my eyes.

I made some crosses of this GG with more mold resistant strains, but this didn't really improve the mold-resistance of the crosses.

Didn't try the #3 yet though, maybe next season.

Asentrouw

I believe there are plenty of photoperiod strains that will mature just fine at 53 degrees N in Europe .Ontario Canada at 43 degrees N is a whole lot colder than say, Hamburg Germany
If it finishes september or even mid-october it's usually ok for my climate.

Ofcourse it's always a gamble every season with the weather here. It might as well rain all through july and some autos will probably also rot away.

Old Piney

@Asentrouw I get it you want to do this for yourself that's cool and much more fun! A little food for thought, the folks at Getaway Mt seeds work only with mold-resistant strains. Their coastal climate after mid-September is much like you're dealing with. I see looking at their line up that most their strains appear to be Afghani , Packistani , Hindu kush or skunk hybrids. They are described and or pictured as having a tight bud structure. This is in contrast to commonly circulated knowledge the loose is better for preventing mold

Last edited:

Xplore

Some other discontinued outdoor strains I'm on the lookout for and like to know peoples experiences with:

Nadia (Froebanken)
UK08 (Froebanken)
Kaya Gold (Nirvana)
Santa Maria (No Mercy seeds)
Killing Fields (S#nn#)
Heribei (S#nn#)
Purple Power (Positronics)
Purple Peace (Positronics)
Mata Hari (Basic seeds)
Oregon Rocket (Basic seeds)
ADH47 (Chaz)
Hi'Noon (Bluehemp)

If you're looking for Santa Maria seeds, you can contact Cees (No Mercy). Just use the contact page on the No Mercy seeds eu website. He probably has some other strains/advice about this topic as well. Results depend on the summer, but were usually good. Nice quality.

La Buena Hierba has a nice cross of two Dutch 'famous' outdoor strains, called Double Blanche (New Dame Blanche x Double Fun). His Power Pineberry and Green Poison Haze are doing well at 51 lat.

Kwik seeds Erdpurt x Friesland (M33) will probably do very well. I like their Afghaan 90, but that's finishing somewhere in october at 51 Lat, some are early, some are getting really close to november...

Asentrouw

La Buena Hierba has a nice cross of two Dutch 'famous' outdoor strains, called Double Blanche (New Dame Blanche x Double Fun). His Power Pineberry and Green Poison Haze are doing well at 51 lat.

Kwik seeds Erdpurt x Friesland (M33) will probably do very well. I like their Afghaan 90, but that's finishing somewhere in october at 51 Lat, some are early, some are getting really close to november...
I tried LBH his Double Blanche, really liked this strain because the quality was very "indoor" looking, with nice potency, mellow high.

I was also searching for one of its parents, the Dame Blanche from Jan Veen. But this Dutch legend already seemed to have disappeared decades ago. There might still be some repro's around (NDB), but that's appearently not the same.

The Ierdbei freebies are also nice. Also tried his Copacabana autoflower, but the pheno's were all over the place. Did find one very nice pheno with "grinspoon" buds, but had to cut it before harvest because you could smell it three blocks away. 🤣

Next time I order at Kwik/TRSC this will certainly be on the list. How is the potency of Friesland (M33)? November is a longshot here with the Afghan, but maybe nice to cross it with something earlier.

Last edited:

Popey

Veteran
So what auto strains can you recommend for outdoors at lat 53?

Most modern autoflowering strains will be ok. You sow in early June and harvest in early September.

Photoperiod strain x auto strains are not much faster than photoperiod strains, maybe 1-2 weeks, that's not much.

P.S
If you post photos of your plants with the date, please also provide the latitude where you grow them. Someone will sow a given strain because they saw that it was ripe on September 10, but then it turned out that that crop was 10 degrees lower in latitude and will achieve the same effect a month later :D

Last edited:

Old Piney

Here's cider kush pictured on September 22 at 40 degrees north it was started the first week in June and harvested the second week of October. It had a little gray mold but it was because of cabbage worms. It's from TRSC and is a Tom Hill selection of a Pakistani kush ( x18 ) it's up around 7 foot

Attachments

• 1701737356806.jpeg
    1701737356806.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 50

Old Piney

I'd have to disagree with that. They do drop faster but have a much further way to drop. View attachment 18928054
It would be a great experiment I'm more the willing to participate. we would have to use the same genetics I'm at 40 degrees just need someone at less or more. I think it would depend on the strain but at 10 degree I don't see how the plants even responds. It's certainly not a mouth difference if anything it's a wash. After sept 22 All bets are off

gorilla ganja

It would be a great experiment I'm more the willing to participate. we would have to use the same genetics I'm at 40 degrees just need someone at less or more. I think it would depend on the strain but at 10 degree I don't see how the plants even responds. It's certainly not a mouth difference if anything it's a wash. After sept 22 All bets are off
I'm game. 55 N here and have a few cultivars we could use. This one was already tested once like this, early Sept. at approximately 35 N and mid-October at 55 N. This pic was on Oct 23 but should have been taken a little sooner.

Miss K
MK 2a Oct 23.jpg

MK 2a..jpg