What's new

Outdoor workhorse strains > 53 lat

Old Piney

One of my hacks. Kush-type plant x one of my autoflowers. Yes, grown at 55N. The one pictured was in my buddy's greenhouse. I've backcrossed to that plant shown. Mine out in the field never got the nice colours but got to a decent size.

View attachment 18932880
That funny you would think the plant out in the cold would be the purple one ,but obviously it's a different pheno

browntrout

Veteran
Raspberry Haze - Outback Blueberry x NL5 Haze A s1 (Karma)/Guerilla Gold #2

Everything else I made with the OB and her various sisters, are obviously much earlier than this haze outcrossing. I also used the same mother here with her sister (also OB) that was hybridized with GG#2.

One of the earlier ones with less purple, NO mold, had rain all of August here on the coast and quite a bit throughout September/October. Finished mid October.

AF05542B-C74E-4D8D-B4B2-A58FEC6FA6C7.jpeg

bigbouncykev

Raspberry Haze - Outback Blueberry x NL5 Haze A s1 (Karma)/Guerilla Gold #2

Everything else I made with the OB and her various sisters, are obviously much earlier than this haze outcrossing. I also used the same mother here with her sister (also OB) that was hybridized with GG#2.

One of the earlier ones with less purple, NO mold, had rain all of August here on the coast and quite a bit throughout September/October. Finished mid October.

View attachment 18933548
this looks fire. what lat you growing at? cheers

gorilla ganja

That funny you would think the plant out in the cold would be the purple one ,but obviously it's a different pheno
That's what I thought as well. Temp doesn't seem to matter for this cultivar anyway. Pheno dependent, as you can see in this pic. 4 plants in this pic first 2 really had the fall colours,#3 was green and the last one had a bit of colour.
MK x Auto Oct 23.jpg

browntrout

Veteran
this looks fire. what lat you growing at? cheers
My trim job definitely “leafs” lots to be desired. Thanks!

I’m at 45N Canada on the coast. We see lots of humidity, rain, wind and over cast days throughout the end of august into November.

Frosts in mid to late September are fairly common. The last two years have been a bit warmer but much wetter.

Asentrouw

Anyone tried Desert Skunk by Khalifa genetics in a northern setting?

It contains the marrocan Beldia which was also praised as a very moldresistant strain earlier in this thread.

I also like to have some more info on the Early Wonder Skunk. I have the non-autoflowering version. Anyone grown this before?

Seems to be used in the same manner as Guerilla Gold in crosses, to get strains to flower earlier. I like to know how the potency of Early Wonder Skunk is and if its mold resistant (the GG was a mold magnet in my experience)?

Last edited:

Asentrouw

Anyone has experience with Gnomes seeds/Gnomes Garden (Polish seedbank)?

They seem to have quite a collection of affordable outdoor genetics, aswell as some HFH and RGS stuff. Don't know the brand, but "Biogenetic" also carries some interesting crosses.

Is it legit or not?

bigbouncykev

Anyone has experience with Gnomes seeds/Gnomes Garden (Polish seedbank)?

They seem to have quite a collection of affordable outdoor genetics, aswell as some HFH and RGS stuff. Don't know the brand, but "Biogenetic" also carries some interesting crosses.

Is it legit or not?
I saw a post somewhere from a guy in the uk and he rated gnome blueberry outdoor in the uk.

browntrout

Veteran
Many of the very early photoperiod/semi auto strains out there are pretty lacklustre.

Just a thought for you guys.
However the hasha from Atlantic Canada is a great early skunky/earthy plant that is very well rounded and ticks all the boxes. Richard Williams on H depot has it listed (Never grown his version or seeds). 41USD for 10 seeds. It has a nice thick full flavoured earthy/sour/skunk smoke and a strong stone.

Also makes great hybrids.

That’s where I’d being going if I didn’t already have it.

Asentrouw

Many of the very early photoperiod/semi auto strains out there are pretty lacklustre.

Just a thought for you guys.
However the hasha from Atlantic Canada is a great early skunky/earthy plant that is very well rounded and ticks all the boxes. Richard Williams on H depot has it listed (Never grown his version or seeds). 41USD for 10 seeds. It has a nice thick full flavoured earthy/sour/skunk smoke and a strong stone.

Also makes great hybrids.

That’s where I’d being going if I didn’t already have it.

Was looking for the Hasha strain, but Hempdepot doesn't seem to ship outside Canada. I'm situated in Europe.

Any other seedbanks that sell this strain?

browntrout

Veteran
Was looking for the Hasha strain, but Hempdepot doesn't seem to ship outside Canada. I'm situated in Europe.

Any other seedbanks that sell this strain?
Not that I’m aware, only time I’ve ever seen it mentioned was in his offering. Very few have original seeds, and I’m sure it’s taken many different forms.

Here is a blueberry sativa x hasha (hashplant) . blueberry sativa I isolated from a three way blueberry line I made. September 16th @45N. Most of the Hasha pure finished late august. She’s super resinous but lacks an over abundance of trichs, although still quite potent.

B7144F08-B4DE-4064-80E9-D8E77F20A7E2.jpeg

Asentrouw

Most of the Hasha pure finished late august. She’s super resinous but lacks an over abundance of trichs, although still quite potent.
View attachment 18971054

That cross looks great!

Only semi-auto's available here is mostly Danish stuff (Royal Dane/Danish Gold, etc.). These finish between august and september.

The problem with these is they are not very stable, so you need to be lucky with the pheno's. Some are really great and potent enough though. But it is like a lottery.

Outside that you have the Guerilla Gold reproductions. I tried GG#1 and #2 in the past, these were early (august), but just rotted away in the humid climate here end of flowering (53 lat maritime climate). A negative treat that came back in most crosses I made with them.

I bought some GG#3 to try this year. I understand it is a bit later, but really hope it will be more mold resistant.

Finally you have the Marocs, which actually do quite good here in this climate (which I find strange as they come from a very dry climate). These finish around september here. Little mold, but not too much.

Most Dutch (and Swiss) outdoor genetics are later (september/oktober) and hard to come by these day or changed for the worst (probably bred in Spain or indoors).

Always stayed away from most other Canadian genetics because of the high prices and difficult availability here. I sourced some Da Bean reproductions (Dart/Maverick) and Early Wonder Skunk for this year though, which are also supposed to be semi-automatic. Looking forward to try these. Still looking for Texada Timewarp and Typhoon to try out sometime.

Last edited:

Old Piney

Not that I’m aware, only time I’ve ever seen it mentioned was in his offering. Very few have original seeds, and I’m sure it’s taken many different forms.

Here is a blueberry sativa x hasha (hashplant) . blueberry sativa I isolated from a three way blueberry line I made. September 16th @45N. Most of the Hasha pure finished late august. She’s super resinous but lacks an over abundance of trichs, although still quite potent.

View attachment 18971054
Nice! And easy trimming too