What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor, two clones, fan leaf curling up, light brown colour on edges. Please help.

sonny_b

“High all”.

First of all, I’m bipolar and I’m not trying to overwhelm with the information but sometimes, I do that.

Immmmm soooo stressed that (per picture) the leaf is curling up and is lightly browning on the edges.

A little background. I have purchased two clones from Indian reservation here in Canada on June 21. Finally, all legal! I’ve lived in Chicago for 9 yrs., don’t know a legal status of a sacred “plant/herb”! Do drop a word if u from chi-town! ;)

There was on Wednesday, June 21. I had to transport them from one city to the other for about 45 minutes and say it was a tough ride and the plants were not very well secured falling over once or twice (fking stick shift car and my crazy speeding to get them home to transplant immediately)and I was smoking a cigarette as well because I’m an addict ;)). Tip: inside the dispo, they are already running the A/C and I brought my clones to the hot 28C (I know it was high)!
After 24 hours I had that (on the pic.)! Heat stress? I’ve watered a lot in 3 days, fed molasses (recommended dosage on 2G of water) and a fertilizer that is very light (3-1-2 or something WITH kelp extract)(used it because of this, the kelp, to recover after the transplant). Used the same strength for foliar feed and sprayed them generously. I only used about 1/4 dose of fertilizer.

I tried not to compact pro mix HP soil I was only pressing lightly with an empty pot which was small in size as well so I think I was OK. Minimal exposure to the roots! I was rushing and didn’t compact around the “root balll” too much.

About 60L of promix hp went in one pot! I have two! Two strains: blue magoo and paradise punch (both clones). Lots of info. about water PH levels and this and that. I decided to go with: treated “hard gh” tap water (treated w aquarium solution - removes “chlorine and chloramine”). I’m trying to use some common sense and have harvested once before (when canna was illegal here, Um 10 yrs. ago in a full tower computer case).

So, watered immediately “strategically”! Not the whole pot, so I have some run off. Yt vid., suggested saturating “the center” of the pot. It is raining today, so everything will get saturated, “some”! Not expecting a lot of rain. Date:June 23, to help you, help me!

No one will reply to this long post! I’ll stop now! I’d love to be asked questions. I looked for images online but I’m clumsy I guess! Doesn’t look like nute burn or deficiency (I’d like her to be more deep dark green, so that’s why I fed lightly).

Any opinions, guys? My mood (bipolar disorder mannn) is so down now, because, I was “hoping” for a good healthy start! Is she just stressed?

Thank you so much in advance for any diagnosis. Stay lifted!!

Attachments

• A0135EEA-24A4-486E-9307-10F2AF2EADF7.jpeg
    A0135EEA-24A4-486E-9307-10F2AF2EADF7.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 34
  • 48D77ED7-AFE3-43FD-965C-F1CF708F7280.jpeg
    48D77ED7-AFE3-43FD-965C-F1CF708F7280.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Dont over water friend. When you water allow the soil to dry well before watering again. It is easy to overwater in a large container because of the more soil the more water, so be careful with your watering. I would say you may not need to water your container for 5 days after watering.

sonny_b

Hi Creeperpark,

Ty for your kind input. I’ve dumped 2G of water on 2 clones per day. It was really hot here (28c). I did that “Wednesday and Thursday”. Way too much? The clones were watered in a dispensary and you could see/feel moisture on the “soil cube”. My English hehe!

Per YT, Kyle Kushman’s tip was to saturate the transplanted plant just around center. 2-3 diameter from the main stem. I did that. No run off at any point! I didn’t drown them, I thought I didn’t. Opinions, pls.?

Friday: rained moderately. Today, Saturday, light light rain!!!! Thank Goodness! Dry up girls! Lol.

I’m so taking your advice now and won’t water for at least 3-5 days. Expecting 35c weather! Poor young clones out there man! I think....never out again! Only indoors.

Promix hp is the medium and I’m so new to it. That’s why I’ll wait for 3-5, even the pot is large and it should retain more water.

Read about ph and water retention (promix hp). Any watering tips fellaz?

Again, my man, ty for putting in some calm in me. :)

Sonny B.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
There are two ways to water a plant in Pro-mix hp. One way is to saturate the whole container and wait for 4 or 5 days. The other is shallow watering giving only 1/3 the amount above every other day.

I wouldn't give any fertilizer to the plant until it starts to green again. Unless the mix has been wet for the past two weeks. Pro mix has a starter charge for the first couple of weeks. After two weeks start a very low ppm dose of a complete fertilizer with every watering.

Catch some of the run-offs and test it and see what you have. Keep your intake water pH around 6.2 with a complete feed. Thats it.

sonny_b

There are two ways to water a plant in Pro-mix hp. One way is to saturate the whole container and wait for 4 or 5 days. The other is shallow watering giving only 1/3 the amount above every other day.

I wouldn't give any fertilizer to the plant until it starts to green again. Pro mix has a starter charge for the first couple of weeks. Then start a very low ppm dose of a complete fertilizer with every watering.

Catch some of the run-offs and test it and see what you have.
Hello again,

Very good information. I think I’ll go read more about basics and to figure out how “many gallons” per pot to thoroughly saturate. Or, like you said 1/3 only.

First grow (with clones) outside in a large pot. No wonder why my mind is about to blow lol. So many factors and techniques, even.

Thank you for @holding my hand, friend@.

I hope it’s ok to ask for help in future few months? It would mean a lot.

Update (actually) the affected fan leaf that was curled up and light browning on edges appearing....it is not “CURLED” anymore.

Good sign, right!?? 🤞🏻

Tysmfyh!

Sonny B. :cool:

sonny_b

I wouldn't give any fertilizer to the plant until it starts to green again. Unless the mix has been wet for the past two weeks. Pro mix has a starter charge for the first couple of weeks. After two weeks start a very low ppm dose of a complete fertilizer with every watering.

Catch some of the run-offs and test it and see what you have. Keep your intake water pH around 6.2 with a complete feed. Thats it.
Hey friend,

Thank you for providing even more information by updating. I think that's what happened. Lol. These are my first few posts in like 10 years, since I've registered. Didn't need much help on my first computer case grow! Thank you sooo much again! Great help. Leaving them to "chill" now and for mother nature to take care of "biz".

Good night!