What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor Strainguide-Please contribute!

supersonic

Strain/Breeder: Mandala #1/Mandala seeds
Harvest time: end sep-early oct
Latitude of grow: 46N
Average yield: medium
Mold?: no
Potency: very good
Year of grow: 2007

Plants had strong smell from start, good vigour, about 2m height. Big headbud and alot of smaller very tight buds that are coated in resin. It looks like oldschool quality homegrown ganja, good bag appeal. High is mixed body/head. firstly energetic and mind activating with relatively strong bodystone in background that prevails towards the end of the ride. somehow relaxing social buzz, long lasting.

it can be determined in what state of ripeness to harvest because of earliness and also weather is usually not problematic at that time, therefore good choice.

Last edited:
B

Brad

ak99X freisland

ak99X freisland

Strain/Breeder: AK99xFREISLAND/BREEDER BOREAL GENETICS
Harvest time: SEPT 18TH 2007
Latitude of grow: 44-45'
Average yield: 4-6 OZ PER PLANT
Mold?: LITTLE BITS NOTHING MAJOR
Potentcy: 9 OUT OF 10
Year of grow:2007

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
Strain/Breeder: California Orange (Nirvana)
Phenotype: Mostly Indica
Harvest Time: Late September (Sept 22)
Latitude: 40-41
Plant Size: 4 feet
Yield: 4 oz +
Mold: None
Potency: Medium-High (Heavy Indica Stone)
Grow Year: 2007

This phenotype of California Orange was a very hardy plant. We planted them in the middle of June. She was a very hardy plant because she went through a good month without care and water. She survived through drought and heat conditions. I think she would of been a bit bigger but those conditions slowed growth. With plenty of water she would of exploded. I couldn't believe how healthy she was went I went and checked on her. This plant recieved no care through veg. I also loved the fast flowering time and fat colas she delivered. With barley and attention at all she still ended up yielding alittle over 4 oz of dried bud. I highly recommend this pheno or Cali-O for outdoor beginners.

NEToker

Strain/Breeder: Maroc, FMS
Harvest time: Late August
Latitude of grow: 41N
Average yield: 2-5 oz's
Mold?: None, due to early harvest
Potentcy:Earthy stone, somewhat strong/suttle
Year of grow 2007
Very Good Begginer Strain to grow. Started from seed outdoors. FF Grow Big used during veg. Plants grew from 3'-5'..Medium Yield..
The Low Down: Not the best tasting pot. Gets you high. Gets the Job done

NEToker

Strain/Breeder: Mississippi Mud, JLP
Harvest time: Mid September
Latitude of grow: 41N
Average yield: 2-5 oz's
Mold?: None, due to early harvest
Potentcy:Racy High, good body stone along with rush of head high
Year of grow 2007
Very Good Begginer Strain to grow. Started from seed outdoors. Premium Fast Finisher. Vigorous Root Growth. Responds well to LST.
The Low Down: Great Smoke. Great Genetics. Very low maintenance plant

NorthWestMed

This is excellently organized. BackCountry dude, much love man I just started IC mag, and hope to learn from you man. I cant wait for the next outdoor season. Untill then gotta stick to the Closet Grow :badday: Its nice, and im medical so its chill but i love the outdoors. Respect to all on this thread, hope to learn from you.-
North west med

sativa92

Strain/Breeder: AK-48 NIRVANA
Harvest time: oct 1st-15th
Latitude of grow: 40-41 eastern us
Average yield: 4-6 ounces a plant
Mold?: pretty mold resistant, depending on pheno
Potentcy: definately worthy, ak is an outdoor dream, yeild ,potency, taste,even the fan leaves get covered with crystals..
Year of grow:2002- 2007

sativa92

Strain/Breeder: PPP NIRVANA
Harvest time: oct. 1st-7th
Average yield: 2-4 ounces a plant
Potentcy . 8. starts in the head and settles into a nice bodybuzz(not couchlock) but definately indica like qualities..
Year of grow:2002-2007

sativa92

Strain/Breeder: WHITE RHINO, NIRVANA
Harvest time: oct.3-15th
Average yield: HEAVY.. about 7-12 ounces a plant
Mold?: 10% in an average season..watch out for spidermites they seem to thrive on the rhino
Potentcy:10.this is an altime favorite.. the buds glisten with trics. awesome bag appeal.. the smell is undescribable. and a taste that lingers..
Year of grow:2002-2006

sativa92

Strain/Breeder: DUTCH TREAT
Harvest time: sept.21-29th
Average yield: 2-3 ounces plant
Potentcy:high. great indica long lasting buzz. taste like peaches and pineapple
Year of grow:2007.. my fist year growing this strain and im pretty impressed. they grow in a typical afghani stature, not real branchy but big heavy buds .
the lineage on this strain seems to be partially unknown its said to be 80% affghani (if anybody knows the lineage on this strain i would love to know) and it shows but it smells and tastes sweet..

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Thanks for the great reports! I'm assuming you don't know the breeder on the Dutch treat?

BOZWELL

durga mata
breeder...paradise
lattiude...55nl
location ...back garden
yeild.. good 4 or so oz
mould yes..lost agood oz and had to harvest early .but weather was VERY wet and it held up well..chopped @ 1st oct ..could have gone anouther 10 days
potency was very good ..potenct happy indica high very nice 6/10
dense buds ,very resonous,thick tasty hashy smoke
not a stealth plant..it can be smelled miles away when its hot

Last edited:

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
TheGreenMushroo said:
Can we have this thread only include text? It would be a lot easier to go through, and you still could include links to your grow.
Well, lots of folks like to see pictures, me included, but I do understand that some folks would rather only read text. This thread will always include pictures, and I encourage reporters to post some if they have them!

I do have a way that you can be happy too TheGreenMushroo, ICmag has many options for how you view its threads, and it is actually possible for you to turn off the pictures for your personal viewing.

#1- Go to your "User menu", and click on "edit options".

#2- Once you are at the "edit options" screen, scroll down to the 3rd box labeled "Thread Display Options", find the check box labeled "Show Images" and uncheck that box.

#3- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and press the button labled "save changes".

Now when you surf ICmag, images will appear as clickable links! Exactly what you were looking for!
While you are in the "Thread Display Options", you could uncheck the box labled "Show Avatars" and/or "Show Signitures", and those items will also disappear, leaving pretty much only text.

I hope this helps!

Hindu Killer

Veteran
Pine Tar Kush

Pine Tar Kush

Grew these in 07. At 43 degrees North Lat. Was very pleased with this line. Had a nice sweet indica smell...piney. Potency varied latest plant seemed most potent. Id give it a 7 out of 10 for potency.No mold at all harvest Oct 19th I think. Wasnt sure they would finish , but they turned right on on..is a fast flowering strain once it starts. Would certainlt recommend it to any one who loves Indica's! The veg pheno changed to narrower leaves as the aged. However for about the first month or so they were incredibly wide leafed!

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Hindu Killer- Great looking plant! Is this strain available from a seed bank, or is it a personal strain?

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Thanks for the offer, it seems these are some rare genetics from what I see. Mostly I just wanted to know if this strain was available commercially, it doesn't seem to be available from Gypsy right now, but I'll put it in the guide cuz I bet it might be again someday.

Thanks again for the report!

lasko

Strain/Breeder: Mexican sativa/Sensi seed
Harvest time: End September/begining October
Latitude of grow: 45N
Average yield: low - 200g - 3m plants
Mold?: yes 10%
Potentcy: 5-6/10 - sativa high daytime smoke
Year of grow:2000-2007

Low yield for such a big plants. Mold posible when its rainy september. Taste fruity/vanilla. Good for beginners

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts