What's new

Outdoor Stem Fungus+Disease Information Thread

dirt farmer

I have a plant I need you guys to look at. The branch next to the mold/fungus spot was broke about half way off. I tied it back up. while doing so i notice the stem was being attacked by some mold or? I was thinking a pen torch and torch it off.

What can I do here? The plant is healthy.

I can say the mold was softer a few days ago. It looks like it has dreid out. But going into the stem some. Not sure if it is spreading for it's only been a few days that I have knew. I am worry that it will go all the way around the stem and kill the plant.

I read this thread but lots of big words I did not understand. I guess if I can ID this problem I can do a good search. But for now what the hell is this?

DSC05873.jpg

DSC05872.jpg

DSC05850.jpg

weednazi

I have a plant I need you guys to look at. The branch next to the mold/fungus spot was broke about half way off. I tied it back up. while doing so i notice the stem was being attacked by some mold or? I was thinking a pen torch and torch it off.

What can I do here? The plant is healthy.

I can say the mold was softer a few days ago. It looks like it has dreid out. But going into the stem some. Not sure if it is spreading for it's only been a few days that I have knew. I am worry that it will go all the way around the stem and kill the plant.

I read this thread but lots of big words I did not understand. I guess if I can ID this problem I can do a good search. But for now what the hell is this?

Without cutting your stalk and inspecting the cross section for black streaks, i can only assume you have a type of Fusarium, however the odd thing is you are having no issues with branch wilt. Typically the branch directly above that mold would be wilted. To treat fusarium use actinovate or mycostop.

However, since it is not wilting, perhaps it is just grey mold or type of pythium that targets stem. I have a plant with lesion like that, however it was right at the crown of stem, half way in the dirt. It was soft and half of the plant was loosing vigor and slight yellow appearance. I treated it with systemic fungicide called Agri-Fos. I foliar and root drenched. I used way to much as i got what appears to be phosphorous burn on many of the yellow leaves....however... the moldy lesion has appeared to dry up. Feels like a hard prune now. Half the plant is still very yellow, but it is healthy.. tracking the sun, leaves fully pointed to the sky.

you may want to give the Agri-Fos a try as it is an all around fungicide.

weednazi

2 plants I am battling Pythium

2 plants I am battling Pythium

Here is a pic of the plant I described above. Agri Fos systemic fungicide appears to have dried up the fungus. Funky color on half the plant but growing buds.

Attachments

• P1012166.jpg
    P1012166.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 15
  • P1012168.jpg
    P1012168.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 16

weednazi

Here is pic of the plant in the GH that has the same affliction. Sprayed with Agri-Fos yesterday at 1 tsp per gallon. Used 2 tbs last time and it burned. Kind of a guessing game with the amounts. Also sprayed the base where the mold is. The mold doesn't appear to have spread into the root system yet. Think I can handle this one. Thinking about doing a small gallon drench on the base at 1 tbs/gallon. Will do that only if the plant sucks up the water I gave it yesterday. Don't want to compound the issue and drown the roots if there is damage I do not see.

I have a couple pounds of Actinovate on the way but strongly believe that this needs a stronger remedy... so I will use the Agri Fos until it comes.

Afflicted plant is the one in the middle of the GH pic. It was very hard to tell there was even an issue. Noticed a slight loss in turgor pressure and very minor discoloration. First thought it was water because I hadn't watered in a day. After watering, there was no improvement, so I started digging.. It was hidden by several inches of soil. The soil was totally dry too. No water within at least a foot of the stalk.

Attachments

• P1012106.jpg
    P1012106.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 15
  • P1012164.jpg
    P1012164.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 13
  • P1012160.jpg
    P1012160.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Latest posts