What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor Scrog?

O

Oxirous

Hello all,
Looking for ideas on how to scrog outdoors and what materials to use. I have never used a scrog in my life mind you. Always let mother nature do her thing but, I don't want to attract attention. Also this is not a guerrilla grow, this is actually all legal as I am a patient from California. Any ideas would be much appreciated thanks all.

-O:joint:

America

Why not just FIM and bush out the plant. Your yield would almost definitely be more and much less hassle. Plus, the scrog will potentially lead to suspicion or increase the chance of detection (theft, not po po). Outdoors, its just better to grow it the ole natural way. Just make sure you FIM for increased yields. Raised beds are your friend, too.

Scrogging is mainly used for micro indoor grows. There are much better (and easier) ways of growing for the outdoor farmer.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Yeah super crop or top your plants. Scrog is really for utilizing indoor light. Maybe a big GH scrog would look cool though.

O

Oxirous

Thanks you guys. I was now thinking that I will just tie her down and bend one way after I fim and then bend her the opposite way, is that part of super cropping I can't remember @ the moment.

-O

madb

Thanks you guys. I was now thinking that I will just tie her down and bend one way after I fim and then bend her the opposite way, is that part of super cropping I can't remember @ the moment.

-O

:yes:

I think this is the best way m8, have done it myself with success. Just make sure you have plenty of room as things tend to get big outdoors :joint:

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Supercropping is pinching the nodes til they pop about two to three nodes down each branch top.

White

Hey man. Where do you stand now on the outdoor scrog? I'm thinking of doing the same thing too. Just wanted to see if anyone else was gonna do it so we could compare notes. Once I get rockin, I'll hit you up again with a link.

Peace,
White

dabbler

Hey Oxirous,
Supercropping is your friend, as is LST and HST (Heavily strained training).
I've noticed that when I have FIMMED or topped plants, it takes a week or so for new growth to appear. I now prefer to keep the plant completely intact and bend it over and let nature do its thing :ying:
SCROG is easier but I love to pour a bit of attention to my girls while having a toke in the garden :joint:
I do have to keep stealth in mind - rippers/touts could be anywhere!
Here's a few shots of this years outdoor spring harvest - not too bad since temps have not yet reached 60C!!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Best of luck whatever you end up doing m8