What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor Scrog?

O

Oxirous

Hello all,
Looking for ideas on how to scrog outdoors and what materials to use. I have never used a scrog in my life mind you. Always let mother nature do her thing but, I don't want to attract attention. Also this is not a guerrilla grow, this is actually all legal as I am a patient from California. Any ideas would be much appreciated thanks all. :joint:

-O

lordbudly

Veteran
same as you would indoors, predetermined height, and then use chicken fence and make a gigantic square with stakes on the corners, possibly more to reinforce it outdoors,and then you just fill in the screen, remember when your outdoors you got ALOT of veg time so you got alot of filling to do :woohoo:

love?

Hi Oxirous

Have you considered other options to scrogging?

Topping and/or tying would keep the plants small without looking as suspicious as wire netting to someone who actually does end up seeing the plants (at least if you tie down the branches with some kind of string that blends into the background). Remember there's no yield-benefit outdoors with scrogging since the sun is at a distance so large moving a top a couple of inches closer to it won't make much of a difference...

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Remember there's no yield-benefit outdoors with scrogging since the sun is at a distance

Distance to the Sun is irrelevant. ScrOG or LST has a PROFOUND effect indoors or out.

The tip sends an hormonal signal to the body of the plant to, "Get behind me and stay there." The plant obeys. Cut the tip and the next two take over, send the same message, and the plant obeys. BEND the tip and the message becomes, "I've fallen and can't get up!" Now every single stem will insist on being the top cola and will attempt to outgrow all others.

I'd think a outdoor screen would need to be huge. I'd try LST first. When the plant hits six feet, bend it over so it's tip hits the ground (may take a few days of bending) when side shoots hit six feet, tie them down to the ground. When those hit six feet, you should be close to harvest time. It's how I grew my last outdoor plant. I ended with a 8'x12'x6' block of bud.

lordbudly

Veteran
yea not only are you making it all main cola's you rid it of popcorn buds, which yes, do happen, your saying the sun shines right thru the plant? boy shadows must not exist anymore

O

Oxirous

Thanks FreezerBoy, Lordbudly, and Love for all your ideas. For now I plan to use FreezerBoy's method, I'm quite fond of the analogy you used.

-O

N

North

you know there's an outdoor GROW forum here right?

not to be a dick, but you'll get ALOT more help there.

scrog on!

Latest posts

Latest posts