What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor sativas Midwest

F2F

hello all,

Here to share, to learn, and promote this beautiful plant. šŸ˜ love to hear critique and inputs to grow our knowledge and fellowship.

Had a security concern a while back, so after letting things cool for a bit Iā€™ll post a little of my stuff from last year and show ya where Iā€™m headed this year. 2021 the weather was fantastic for me. Line up:

some old Mango Haze beans (MNS)
Zamal MC x THH (MadMac)
last seed of Zamal x New Malawi Killer (Ace R&D)
Purple Satellite
a Mango Haze x Purple Satellite tester
a very special cross from a dear friend - (Killer A5 x Viet black) x Viet Black.

Now to travel back in time:

First up ZamalMC x THH

Kept 4 plants in seed starter cells, coco/perlite, and fed the heck out of them. The root binding pushed them to show sex a bit faster. Here they are after sexing and new shoes.

ZamTHH 1 female

ZamTHH2 male

ZamTHH 3 male

ZamTHH 4 female

Next post Iā€™ll try to make things a little more interesting.

Peace
F2F

F2F

Beautiful thin sativa leaves on these ZamTHH

Females went out to the plot and males stayed home for pollen when ready. The root binding uncovered the semi auto traits from the Zamal side. They pushed pistils from Jun on but didnā€™t really seem to slow down or mess anything up.

Some weeks later we have a tree. šŸ˜ @MadMac - these have vigor!! So much rain and humidity these weee droopy on this day.

Peace
F2F

F2F

Hehe. Vigor.

Here we are end of my grow season. Knew they would not finish here but wanted to ā€œkick the tiresā€. They reached somewhere around 12-14ā€™. Saved the stalk from one for a walking stick. Beautiful Christmas tree structure. Long long arms from bottom up.

Hereā€™s the top of ZamTHH 1, ā€œfasterā€ flowering. Got some resin production on this one though it needed probably 4-8more weeks at least. Saved some of the flower and it has a nice carrot earth bouquet. Smoked in a joint it was clean tasting, and very up, clear, and maybe a 2-3hr high. Not strong due to early chop but I can see the potential here for sure. Beautiful plant! Saved a cut to put in the ground for this years run, will save more flower this time and do dry sift.

The top of ZamTHH 4, slower flowering, better calyx:leaf ratio.

Summary - easy plant. Very sturdy skeleton on these. So tall and only one broken branch after high winds. Bouquet and flavor seemed Zamal mc, but Iā€™ve no experience with THH soā€¦

Looking forward to doing #4 again this year.

Peace
F2F

F2F

Next up will be Mango Haze.

I have some older beans which were not kept real well, so I employed a method taken from another member here, SolarLogos. It entails some washing with light bleach solution for sterilization, a slack in H2O2 + coconut water, and germ in fresh EWC. In all i managed to get up four plants. 3 females and one male.

MH1 female

MH 3 female

MH3 after settling in to the new home. This was the most wld expressive of them.

Pretty vigorous as well.

Peace,
F2F

F2F

MH 3 again, this is a July pic. The wld traits are noticeable.

Here is about the only shot of MH 4 I have. She was started late, flowered from seed in a pot. To me she had great structure and balance in her expressions as you see in the pic, and as I saw in the smoke. šŸ˜

MH 4

A little MH bud shot (MH 1 maybe?).

In all I had 2 clones and 2 seed plants of MH flowered at the plot, and just the MH4 flowered in a pot. MH1 & 4 weā€™re the most hazy, robust mango smells with a little bit of fuel in the jar. For MH1 it carrys over into the smoke just a little. They have a nice medium lasting warm, euphoric, alert, high that comes down easy. MH always puts a smile on my face and makes me happy! MH3 was more wld, and definitely came through in the smoke. It was the most mango out of them, but the comedown has some fatigue and body to it. Nice plant but I like the NLD leaners better.

Hanging on this harvest line is mostly MH3 & MH1.

Peace
F2F

F2F

Next up: Ace seeds purple Zamal x new Malawi killer from the R&D section. Iā€™ve raved on this plant a few times already in various threads, but Iā€™ll do it again here. šŸ˜ great stuff from Dubi!

Had 5 beans, and well, didnā€™t do so great cracking them. Ended up with one plant, but boy that one bean came through nicely!

Here she is as a youngster after being topped/cloned and tied down. Easy plant to grow, liked medium-heavy nutes. Not too finicky at all. Seems the couple strains Iā€™ve grown with Zamal are tough and resilient.

And here is the top out in the plot. Bushy structure starting to become evident. The heavy lower and side branching seems a common trait with the zamal xā€™s.

Clone I kept in a pot for reversing

I did lose the seedplant to botrysis in the plot but the clone did well. Last couple years Iā€™ve lost plants in this corner of the plot so it could be something in the soil there or the type/level of exposure unique to that spot (low circulation, higher humidity, etc). A not so great shot of buds on the day of harvest.

I havenā€™t grown a lot of cannabis, relative to many on IC, but this was the prettiest. Really made me smile šŸ˜ƒ . It was filled up with many many small to medium sized flowers. Really dense for a sativa. The terps she put off in flower and which remain after 6mo cure - sweet, candy-like dankness. Smells sweet, almost fruity. Greasy flowers (Malawi influence I think), covered in lots of small trichs.

Bucket ā€˜o buds

6mo cure. Still greasy, still bold in the jar. Smooth smoke. Effects not instant, but come on in 5min or so. Up and a little racy but not noidy. A little confusion sets in like Golden Tiger, but this levels off after 15min into a more mellow and much more clear high, all in the head, maybe 2.5-3hr in duration depending on dose. Just a hint of lethargy in the comedown.

Dry sift hits harder faster longer. šŸ˜‰

Beautiful plant and a joy to stick my nose and fingers into!

Peace
F2F

Funkalicious

Thanks for the detailed posts, looks great to see those tall trees. When does the weather start to turn in your area? Where I am it's already getting dicey by early-mid october.. I'm hoping you got better conditions!

Bucket o buds is a great feeling

F2F

Thanks for the detailed posts, looks great to see those tall trees. When does the weather start to turn in your area? Where I am it's already getting dicey by early-mid october.. I'm hoping you got better conditions!

Bucket o buds is a great feeling
Hiya Funk,

Usually turns during 2nd week Nov. rare freak years we will see single digits degF last of Oct, or upper 60ā€™s F through last weeks Nov. the hazier MH phenos donā€™t quite finish here most years. But they get close enough. šŸ˜

That purple Zamal x NMK was PERFECT. mostly cloudy, touch of amber. So glad I made S1ā€™s.

Peace
F2F