What's new

Outdoor medical grow laws in LA county?

wh1t3w1dow1

Specifically unincorporated LA county. Curious about plant limits/restrictions in general or if it's even allowed at all? I can't find any info on google using keywords etc, only some stuff comes up on NORML for example for the CITY of Los Angeles.

I have 3 rec holders at my house and would like to put out up to 18 plants but I wanna make I'm not violating any county laws. Thanks in advance.

trippn

I live in SB county we can not have outdoor grows here unless it's in a greenhouse the neighbors can't see thru

where did you find that info; i dont see SB county on the NORML page

"Localities NOT listed below adhere to state law; Cal NORML recommends following SB 420's state default guidelines, which are: 6 mature OR 12 immature plants per patient in places without a local ordinance. "

assuming that page and the counties are up to date; the counties/cities without ordinances refer back to that stated law above. all these counties banning ALL growing completely are blatantly and illegally disobeying state law; which was supported by a california supreme court ruling. no county or county official has the authority to supersede state law. they have lost; and will lose this in court again.

"State law, SB 420 (Health & Safety Code 11362.7), which took effect on Jan. 1, 2004, protects Prop. 215 patients from arrest provided they cultivate no more than 6 mature or 12 immature plants and possess no more than 8 ounces of dried marijuana (H&SC
11362.77(a)). "

trippn

last relevant update :

UPDATE 2/3/2016 – Gov. Brown signed an urgency bill (AB21 – Wood) to delete a provision requiring localities to regulate cultivation by March 1, 2016 or else defer to state regulations. The bill also deletes language that explicitly authorized local governments to ban storage, cultivation, provision, transport, etc. by patients and caregivers.

so basically; no county needs to ban any aspect of what has been discussed previously. all counties can immediately remove all the foolish restrictions thrown down. most where scare tactics anyway. local counties, or any ordinance they write can NEVER have the power to supersede the minimal guaranteed requirements of 215 ( 6 mature plants); assured to us by the California supreme court. everyone needs to know our rights.

State law, SB 420 (Health & Safety Code 11362.7), which took effect on Jan. 1, 2004, protects Prop. 215 patients from arrest provided they cultivate no more than 6 mature or 12 immature plants and possess no more than 8 ounces of dried marijuana (H&SC
11362.77(a)).

Counties and cities are authorized to establish higher (but not lower) limits if they wish (H&SC 11362.77(c)). Listed above are those localities that have adopted limits above the state limit.