• gallery_5008_1387_169398.jpg
    gallery_5008_1387_169398.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 12
  • gallery_5008_1387_205519_1.jpg
    gallery_5008_1387_205519_1.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 15

rocket high

Veteran
LoL ... thats a skid steer Bobcat ...i had one on hire a few years ago but never had that auger attachment on it there was just a bucket. they are great fun tho :biggrin: . i was thinking of getting a mini digger on hire for a week but using it would be pretty noisy and leave big dirty tracks to your site not good but if it was my own land i would have one thats for sure.

rocket high

Veteran
What are you growing out this year JGP?

Im trying out some Thredra (this was the spelling on the seed bag) i think its nordic. there's a thread on it on uk420 they look alittle like the Thyphoon so i have high hopes it wont mold easily. And im also running my crosses plus Arne so it should be a good season.

Last edited:

JGP

Strains that i'm growing this year are

ARNE
EGMMGG
ThaipanXPerkruder

Less plants this year but hopefully much earlier finishers, also going to make a few seeds.

rocket high

Veteran
Well it looks like a good carefully thought out selection there JGP ...are you doing any auto's this year ?

JGP

Yes i have high hopes for these strains, they should fair better than the dutch stock i grew lastyear.No autos this year m8 as i'm doing a very low maintenance grow, basically plant and leave, with a few topdressings of FBB when i return to take a few pics.

What strains are you going with this year Rocket?

rocket high

Veteran
im putting out some thredra,arne,HFH scottish crosses. erd/purt x eg/mmxgg ..and some auto's ive not decided what others are going out just yet .. but diesel ryder autos will be the first out.

JGP

I've just added RoyalDaneOFN X HFHScottish to the list, these will be grown by a green fingered m8 in his backyard :)

Loving the downpour BTW, the soil needed a good soak.

rocket high

Veteran
Hi JGP

i would love to see a few pics of the RD/OFN X HFH Scottish in your friends garden .... i have high hopes for this cross the RD might give the Scottish more potency so it should work out well .

JGP

This season we're having at the moment is turning into a nightmare, I've lost atleast half my plants to slugs and snails and the cold weather.I snapped a couple of pics of the survivors.Hope the temps increase soon.

Attachments

• DSC01775.jpg
    DSC01775.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC01776.jpg
    DSC01776.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 11

rocket high

Veteran
@ silver surfer ...heres a pic of my HFH Scottish (bred by eno - refined by esbe@HFH)

picture.php

That weather was mental ..... did you see the strength of the wind yesterday ... a big tree beside my house has been completely ripped out of the ground and there's leafs and branches everywhere... this leads me to think the small plants that i planted must be shredded by the 75mph wind no doubt ...im going have to go to the site today to access the damage...this is going to hurt my back but i have no choice.

is everyone elses ok ?

Last edited:

rocket high

Veteran
Been down to assess the damage.I feared the worst when i seen lots of pine trees blown down everywhere .... but i was worrying for nothing as the plants survived the storm no problems they look a little pale but i'll give them some nitrogen the next time I'm down .

Its the slugs that are their biggest enemy about 6 or 7 have been eaten so much for slug pellets, i put more down anyway for a piece of mind .... time to get some copper wire down as a secondary measure.

They haven't had one good day since they have been out ...this worries me a bit as its the end of may and it feels like winter it was 5c yesterday morning BBrrrr .

pray for sun everyone :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
wow bro, remember these simple beercan blockers are good agains the damn slugs.
picture.php

put two together for an almost slugfree plant, here is only one, less protected
picture.php

rocket high

Veteran
Hi Esben

Ive seen your cans :biggrin: .....i should've protected them more but my sore back restricted my access to the site sadly, i will make some of your cans for my next batch that will be going out soon.

Is anyone using slug bait?? ... I'm interested to know how it works or if it works.

MJBadger

Veteran
Is anyone using slug bait?? ... I'm interested to know how it works or if it works.

I`m using beertraps , get pissed die happy . Looks like slug city round your plants rocket .

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@ silver surfer ...heres a pic of my HFH Scottish (bred by eno - refined by esbe@HFH)

picture.php

That weather was mental ..... did you see the strength of the wind yesterday ... a big tree beside my house has been completely ripped out of the ground and there's leafs and branches everywhere... this leads me to think the small plants that i planted must be shredded by the 75mph wind no doubt ...im going have to go to the site today to access the damage...this is going to hurt my back but i have no choice.

is everyone elses ok ?

Cheers mate good to see a Scottish strain. Those babies being so small probs helped em survive the high winds.

I have used clear plastic 3 litre juice bottles with the bottoms cut off as mini greenhouses. Not sure how they go against slugs but they help get em established.

Good luck hope the global warming kicks in soon lol

Latest posts

Latest posts