What's new

outdoor grows in irish climate?

belfast

Biddy Early Seeds from Magus Genetics
Biddy Early won second prize in the Sativa Cup at the High Times Cannabis Cup 2003.
http://www.icmag.com/modules/ICStrainguide/index.php?eop=breeder&id=49

products_seeds_magus_genetics_biddy_early.jpg

C

Cookie monster

Jesus they are fairly scaldy lookin plants but the big one behind looks much better..what strain?..I started a few seeds of big bud which i was going to force flower but my dog ate them at their seedling stage lol and im not even bothered anymore with the summers we have...peace

Yeah well thats outside with our weather for ya....threw em under the hps in the end they might perk up a bit.

The big one behind is roma i think or maybe gardeners delight great in salads or pasta sauce:nanana::nanana:...there tomatoes bro....funny stuff k+

stoned16

Yeah well thats outside with our weather for ya....threw em under the hps in the end they might perk up a bit.

The big one behind is roma i think or maybe gardeners delight great in salads or pasta sauce:nanana::nanana:...there tomatoes bro....funny stuff k+

Whats up brother?
Hahahaha man do i feel like a fool...I was smoking some good weed at the time and i only looked at the height and darker green colour..You may add that post to the "stupid posts thread" if you want lol!!And ye if i was you id just let them veg under natural light and when they start to flower throw them under the hps cos' they aint gonna produce much with our weather.+rep
peace

B

buddymate

Got to disagree with you Resin :laughing: Not difficult to grow plants outdoors in the UK,quite easy as it happens.

Attachments

• Plants,UK outdoor guerilla. 001 (Medium).jpg
    Plants,UK outdoor guerilla. 001 (Medium).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 20
  • Plants,UK outdoor guerilla. 009.jpg
    Plants,UK outdoor guerilla. 009.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Plants,UK outdoor guerilla. 007.jpg
    Plants,UK outdoor guerilla. 007.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Outdoor UK..jpg
    Outdoor UK..jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 18

belfast

Got to disagree with you Resin :laughing: Not difficult to grow plants outdoors in the UK,quite easy as it happens.

Depending on the part of the UK you can get hotter summers and more sun shine ans less rain than Ireland especial in the south east.

C

Cookie monster

They must have been well down on the south coast, tryed to grow herer outdoors a few years back over here near the east coast.
They grew quite well 10 11 foot in height and reasonably bushy but flowering at the end of september with 12 weeks to go the poor girls never stood a chance.

way i see it is next year it's going to have to be auto flowering strains outside in the greenhouse or nothing.

MEDI-EVIL

i also did jack 2yrs ago,13 week pheno waste of time.
you need the 8 week pheno IMO..

trying early skunk, amnesia Kush, LOC x G13 h/p this year.
what else are Irish growers trying out..
i tryed to get gorilla gold to no avail.

me.

C

Cookie monster

Yep total waste of time planting anything resembeling a sativa over here.
Anyhoo a bit of extra tlc and the few weeks of sunshine have perked up the "scaldy" plants.

Popped some afghan kush ryder auto flowering seeds today be interesting to see how they get on

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 18

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Fine looking plants cookie, ya know I might have a crack at outdoor next year, only thing I'd worry about is bud rot from our lovely weather lol.

C

Cookie monster

Lost more than my fair share to bud rot, the hollands hope's are supposed to be resistant tho it remains to be seen.

Not to late to throw out a few auto flowering strains, i was going to use them for seed for next spring but stupid me failed to notice the feminized sticker on the back of the pack....go ahead laugh i deserve it:laughing:.

Cookie.

Dakuta

As long as you get them in before the October Rain & Mould takes them. Its been 55-60F during the day but at night can drop down to 15-20 so not the best enviroment but at least you can get a small harvest in to keep you happy to X-mas. Then its back to Soapbar.
With Global Temp Warming One day we may get a decent yield.

C

Cookie monster

Problem is that flowering starts mid to late september.

Was talking to a guy on another forum a while back, he grows nothing but autos in his green house starting in april.

He staggers his grows and get a decent amount through out the warmer months.

Food for thought.

C

Cookie monster

Right i'd just like to say im not crazy but.....

Were getting 16 hours of light at the moment the hollands hope are flowering???
What gives?

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 15
D

DublinHaze

hi Cookie i have durga mata outdoor at the moment.mine are not flowering.it might have to do with the age of the plant or else the slight shortening of the days could have triggered it.

keep us posted man

C

Cookie monster

I was thinking maturity and the shortening of days myself but her sister plants which are only a few feet away are still only showing their pre flowers and clones off both dont even have preflowers yet.

Phenotype perhaps but i cant see how there can be that much difference between seeds from the same pack?

That plant is going to wreck my head wondering about it

hi-bardo!

An autoflower is good.

An autoflower is good.

hey all,

What is the best strain for outdoor grows in ireland?

Guess we would have to plant seeds come april or thereabouts..Just curious to see what potentially might work well! Any thoughts or success stories much appreciated.

marachuan abú!

m

Lowrider is good.

However, AVOID SHORT RIDER! IT DOES NOT AUTOFLOWER!

Shelter from the wind is v important.

C

Cookie monster

Hollands hope seems to be doing ok for me this year, still cant figure out why this one has started flowering so early???

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 16
C

Cookie monster

lil update.

Freak plant was iso'd, still cant figure out why it flowered so early compared to the rest.

Anyways the bushy plant and her clones are starting to flower normally 6-7 weeks i'm guessing if the weather doesn't knacker them fingers crossed.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg