What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor clone experiment. Success

mountainoutlaw

Accidentally ripped a white widow right down the middle, (don't ask). So I had these three long stems that I tossed to the side in the shade.

Next day, I see the three branches, and notice not really wilted as I expected....hmmm

So...I figured I'd try an experiment. Im in the woods so supplies are limited, and I had no rooting hormone.....rummaged through supplies and heres what I used.

Aloe Vera with Lidocaine, blue gel kind.
Old cinnamon powder in cubbard.

Cut bottom of water bottle off....squirted the aloe lidocaine in there....then generously sprinkled cinnamon and mixed with stick.

Side note: the blue aloe Vera when mixed with cinnamon smells so good, you could make a fragrance out of it, I mean...I may start a cologne line. Lol.

All three big stems, I recut the bottoms at a 45, and immediately dipped them in concoction.

Have a small pile of leftover soil mix and I promptly stuck them in pile. Afterwards I cut the three long stems down (removing side branches, big leaves, and cut about 12 inches off top of one.

Then, 32oz spray bottle, a pinch of kelp powder and 2 -3 drops superthrive, water.

Sprayed em down and drenched em. The little soil pile stays moist and I put some old pieces of greenhouse paneling around the clones, to help keep humidity, they were mostly shaded throughout day, but do get direct sun for a few hours.......the next day the were puckered up and looking alive and well. Sprayed soil and foliage/stem every other day.

Approx 6 days later....new growth and shoots sprouting, very nice green color.

Approx 15 days later...Roots. 3 out of 3. 100 percent success rate. No clone machine, no rooting gel.

Really amazing how resilient this beautiful plant is that we love so much.

IMG_20230802_180940732_HDR.jpg

The one in the middle is wanting to flower, I took one and put in small pot to take to a fellow cannaseuor.

Wanted to share this.

When something goes wrong, sieze the opportunity for experimentation. Sometimes it works out.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats great! Nice job, yeah in the woods where humidity is high, makes it easier to root. I did that in 2009 I think, and had some success but didn't give them enough sun I think. I also just put them in soil with no rooting hormone or aloe vera cininnamon mix. The aloe helps burns heal and you can also take it to sooth the digestive tract. What is the lidocane and what does it do? What do you think cinnamon does? Hey it works!

Had fun with this one! Glad you were able to spread the love to a friend!

I think stronger plants like you have with approximately pencil sized stems will work best. Take a cutting about the size of your hand, a few inches long, and the leaves can be clipped back if necessary to reduce transpiration and water loss.

I was thinking I could do this early in the season and get a bunch of clones going for an exponential number of plants for overgrowing the countryside in 2009. Didn't work out for my production methods, but I wasn't there to take care of them. Could work if you timed it right. One plant can multply. Would want to make sure they are female, so it would be best with the march/early april planted seed that shows preflowers early and are big enough to take clones that would have good success.

Strong plant, they love to grow! :smoke: