What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor bust.............

B

buddymate

3 arrested over 180 million yen cannabis grow-op in Fukuoka Prefecture

20090907p2a00m0na003000p_size5.jpg
Cannabis seized from a suspected commercial growing operation in Koga, Fukuoka Prefecture, is pictured on Friday. Some plants had grown to around four meters high. (Mainichi)

KOGA, Fukuoka -- Police here broke up a suspected commercial marijuana growing operation in a mountain forest here late last week, arresting three people and seizing 180 million yen's worth of cannabis.
Yoshihiro Nakamura, 53, his elder brother Mitoshi, 56, and Yasuhiko Nakamachi, 45, have been arrested for alleged commercial cannabis cultivation. However, Yoshihiro and Nakamachi say they were growing cannabis for personal use.
Thirty-one plants were found in the forest at Mushirouchi in Koga, with subsequent raids finding another 23 plants at Mitoshi's home, and around 10 kilograms of dried cannabis at that of Yoshihiro.
Yoshihiro and Nakamachi were caught red-handed as they were about to cut down a two-meter plant in Mushirouchi by police staking out the area.

Click here for the original Japanese story
(Mainichi Japan) September 7, 2009

sodaman

I hate to think of what will happen to them. I hear Incarceration in Japan is something you want to avoid at all costs. I even saw a pretty good movie about it but I forget the name.

BlissDesu

Why isn't the war on cannabis considered to be in direct opposition to Shintoism? Please pardon my ignorance, and thank you kindly to whomever may bitch-slap me with some enlightenment on the matter.

Last edited:

Danknuggler

you'd think japanese dudes could grow some very good pot too i mean look at their gardens talk about OCD!!!!!nuggler

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Why isn't the war on cannabis considered to be in direct opposition to Shintoism? Please pardon my ignorance, and thank you kindly to whomever may bitch-slap me with some enlightenment on the matter.

Because they distinguish between hemp and cannabis. Most Japanese aren't that religious either so I don't think they care.

C

Chamba

I guess it depends on what you compare it to. I think it's a lot better than American jails though.

a lot better?

you might not get raped, beaten up or knifed as easily (unless you want to that is...lol)

I don't know what it's like now, but fifteen years ago I was told you were not ever allowed to talk to other prisoners and the guards are cruel, sadistic freaks who are big on psycho torture and control. Their aim is to break you mentally, if you fight back they will gladly break you physically as well.

For the first few weeks of your sentence you are stripped naked and chained to a tiled floor while they scream commands at you that you don't understand (just to get your mind right and soften you up..if you are lucky they will hose you down a few times.)..the only time you are allowed to talk is for one hour per week during Christian meetings, so lots of non-Christian prisoners go too just so they can have a few snippets of conversation with each other.

All forms of exercise are banned, prisoners are expected to sit up, back straight with eyes straight ahead on their beds the whole time unless there is a guard within view then they have their foreheads on the floor to prevent from getting it kicked.

Japan is not the place to get caught and jailed, unless you are big into the M of S&M or can meditate like a monk.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I guess it depends on what you compare it to. I think it's a lot better than American jails though.

better?

you might not get raped, beaten up or knifed as easily (unless you want to that is...lol)...I don't know what it's like now, but fifteen years ago I was told you were not ever allowed to talk to other prisoners and the guards are mean, sadistic freaks who are big on psycho torture and control. Their aim is to break you mentally, if you fight back they will gladly break you physically as well.

For the first few weeks of your sentence you are stripped naked and chained to a tiled floor (just to get your mind right and soften you up..if you are lucky they will hose you down a few times.)..the only time you are allowed to talk is for one hour per week during Christian meetings, so lots of non-Christian prisoners go too just so they can have a few snippets of conversation with each other.

All forms of exercise is banned, prisoners are expected to sit up, back straight with eyes straight ahead on their beds the whole time unless there is a guard within view then they have their foreheads on the floor to prevent from getting it kicked.

Japan is not the place to get caught and jailed, unless you are big into the M of S&M.

I think you've been hearing a lot of stories.

C

Chamba

I think you've been hearing a lot of stories.

maybe.....the only stories I've heard were from a guy I knew who tried to belly smuggle a kilo of pot from Thailand into Japan and got caught. He did 3 years.

btw they use ultrasound equipment at many Japanese airports, foreigners flying in from Thailand, Taiwan, HK or Manila are targeted.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I have a few friends who have done time here and part of what you heard is true, there are certain times of the day when you are not allowed to speak, like during work, and meals, but the inmates actually have a tv in their room which they share with about 4 people per room but they do have some free time each day. The biggest complaint they had were their room mates, if there's a personal problem there they're fucked but none of them ever talked about abuse of any of that.

On the other hand you do often hear about suspects being abused by the police to beat confessions out of them.

Your friend could have been executed in many countries so I guess it's all relevent.

I know that if I had to choose to do 3 years in Japan or in the States I would pick Japan in a heart beat. But I got a pretty mouth.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
at the narita airport i noticed a guy chilling behind a tv screen..when i looked at the screen he was looking at infared pictures of every passenger walking through immigration!!

definately do not smuggle anything on your person.

Latest posts

Latest posts