What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outa the closet n inta the tent

al70

Veteran
C

Attachments

• WP_20150509_004.jpg
    WP_20150509_004.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 5

al70

Veteran
2 weeks into flower, ran into a problem last week, got it sorted with a visit to the infirmary, I think I overdone it with the lst, got to many branches, one plant has well over thirty bud sites, gonna be all small nugs, think I'll try nugbuckets manifold method next time, less hassle I think, ahh we'll see how it goes, I can't see a kilo here though ��

Attachments

• WP_20150519_17_17_56_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150519_17_17_56_Pro.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 6
  • WP_20150519_17_17_19_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150519_17_17_19_Pro.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 8

Dready_jake

Last trim before the flip next week, gonna let them rest for a while now.

The thing with tipping and fiming is Its very stressful on the plant. And requires a bit of veg to recover and actual benefit from it. I like Colas and I don't like small stems going to Colas. So I top a couple times early spread her out a little and get the number of tops desired, if I'm doing bigger plants it's like at least 8 tops. Then I veg the tops to become colas. Needs more than the two week flip typically to bulid the structure needed.
By topping a bit and stopping entirely I grow many colas each with its own fat nutrient straw(stem). They look as organized as a plant can lol

al70

Veteran
I shoulda cut some of those branches off early on,, still learning, I've got that many I've tried platting em together into one cola, lessons learned Jake, goodluck

Dready_jake

What? I'm kinda confused :
"I've got that many I've tried platting em together into one cola,"
Colas originate from growth tips being allowed to do their thing. That why I stop topping early let the colas developed. Clean the bottoms of colas up and the sparse stuf down below.

My mothers are topped almost constantly. Each clone is a top leaving many little branches to develope into fresh clones. I don't let my mother's get big but they always have tons of clones

al70

Veteran
I'll show ya tomorrow, haven't time to take pics, just experimenting, got three long useless branches, they've got useless budsites all the way up em, I twisted em together, thinking they'll grow into each other, same way buds climb up into each other, just a theory, just my second grow, probably crazy,,llol ��

Dready_jake

Ya most likely either one will win or they'll all lose.. Either way its an experiment lol. I do stuff like that sometimes. Like my UK cheese that I laid down with LST and threw into flower.
Typically on a cola there's A and B branching, that's the main cola, then there are C and D And E branching that get progressively stretchier, further from the stem and the buds smaller. When thinning after stretch I typically only leave A and B branching, maybe some C branching. This produces the colas only/no larf. With my cheese, by laying it down and flowering it , it had to create its new growing points in the stretch creating all C branching. Great if your micro growing but I'm not. I shoulda left it to veg so i could get more thAn an ounce of small nugs off of it.

Dready_jake

Also as an experiment this round I super cropped some and left others. I also thinned one plant and left the smaller nugs on another of the same clone that was extremely similar in size and stature, so I can find out which yields more(iknow which will produce bigger buds but maybe the smaller ones will add up), and find out how much thinning increases the weight of the main cola for sure.(I'm testing the extent of the focused energy theory)

al70

Veteran
Yeah I was kinda thinkin in the back o me mind that it didn't make sense but could they possibly weave in among each other?? If nothing they'd make a nice photo,,lol

Dready_jake

Yeah I was kinda thinkin in the back o me mind that it didn't make sense but could they possibly weave in among each other?? If nothing they'd make a nice photo,,lol

Ime they'll compete with each other for light, and the fusion that you see with trees requires an already fused root mass, or a singular rootmass I believe. I.E. I think it might only work if you combine branches from the same plant, and even then it might require a graft as these are different than trees.

Lol just theorizing;) , but bamboo doesn't grow together when twisted together. It's just maintained so they don't kill each other, I believe. Idk fun theorizing and testing hypothesises though. Only one way to find out, let it grow!

al70

Veteran
I'll try one three branch for the craic n see what happens, post pics tomorrow, I wanna see for myself what happens, only way ta get ta find out for sure ye, lol, god loves a tryer, hates a chancer, goodluck

al70

Veteran
A plait Jake, I'd like to do it in veg preferably but lets see, still 6 weeks to go,,��

al70

Veteran
Getting frosty now, still 4/5 weeks to go.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 5