What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Out-back haze #9 (nevil, the seed bank, mr nice)

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Screenshot_20240220_110833_LinkedIn.jpg

Smoking materials
- 100% pure hemp cone
- matches

Flower
- smell in the bag: sharp and astringent lemon Pinesol cleaner, menthol (actually cleans/opens the sinuses), camphor, incense, small pine/cedar woody, earth, skunky bottom
Side note....I've never been the best at dissecting subtle notes. Someone might say there is also eucalyptus (sinus cleaner) and some other nuances that I missed. The clean extra sharp cutting top end really compliments the softer sour bottom.

- Dry pull taste: sharp Citrus, pine, wood, sour

- smoked taste: add a bit more earth and campfire/charcoal to the smell with a dash of cola / 7up taste that sticks

- effect: immediately strong in the solar plexus, then rising to the heart, pineal gland / hypothalamus. Hieghtened awareness of self, sounds, vision and luminous energy field. Clear. Strong. all head and chakras. Imagine smoking a big Cuban (nicotine) and a triple shot of nice espresso. Energizing the body and creative mind
Smoke is smooth. Hits hard and fast.

Summary
- I've grown and smoked alot of hazes over the decades. This is by far one of if not the sharpest one I have encountered. I've never had a kind actually clean out my sinuses before. Would love at some point in my life to grow this in my tables.

Screenshot_20240220_104819_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240220_104933_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240220_104955_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240220_105016_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240220_105031_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240220_105049_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So this is the haze used to make mr.nice mango haze?
Source: mr nice forums
dj and nev were on the way to procure turkish seeds when they bumped into this ruderal. at first nev thought they were just northern weedy feral sativa. and they were used in first attempts at auto flower drug lines pic is on dj9 linkin along with some really great content. dj9 is one of a select few who witnessed the 69 haze seed parents. accompanied nev to get his mazar and interesting fact is the guy with paper bag mask in the beatrix choice sssc catalogue. nev entrusted dj9 and a few others with his crowning achievement , outback haze. using 2 nh 97 phenos (21,36) and hempys 78 tia nev created an entire new line to hunt, culminating wth yet another cannabis breeding milestone.
outback haze isnt just a cool name its a description of the breeding nev used, relying on transgressive segregation and new favorable allele combinations
nev was sure his haze males line started in se ASian thailand. using this progenitor relationship, nev first crossed the 21 to hempys tia. transgressive segregation occurs when 2 lines contain complementary/ primal upstream lines. the parts the 2 genomes have in common segregate to themselves and produce an entirely new phenotype. whereas f1 hybrid vigor uses overdominance awarding the hybrid increased qualities surpassing either parent. unfortunately this vigor is short lived when taken past f1. the independent assortment dilutes the vigor . this is where transgressive seg comes in . this process is heritable and produces "throwback" pheno/chemotypes not presently observed in either parent line. in essence an entirely new accesion. after crossing the 21 to tia nev did a full sib backcross to nh36. this line breeding reinforced the nh selected traits while also creating a diverse genetic pool to pick from for further outcrosses.
dj9 has taken this mission forward after nevs death. he discovered a northern vietnam jungle sativa which he immediately recognized as "landrace haze" this theory has begun its first experimental project- out back haze #3 x n. vietnam
I hope this answers your question accurately roberto ✌️

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive heard Vietnams got nice weed
I've had a chance to smoke the vietnamese referenced in the source quote.

It was very strong flower. Smaller spectrum of terps vs this obh#9. Had that oldschool landrace jungle bud smell and taste. 👌

One of the best bday gifts I have ever recieved. One of the catalogues was an original 85/86

But that's the vietnamese nug I was gifted. Same line.

Screenshot_20240220_141444_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240220_141508_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dj and nev were on the way to procure turkish seeds when they bumped into this ruderal. at first nev thought they were just northern weedy feral sativa. and they were used in first attempts at auto flower drug lines pic is on dj9 linkin along with some really great content. dj9 is one of a select few who witnessed the 69 haze seed parents. accompanied nev to get his mazar and interesting fact is the guy with paper bag mask in the beatrix choice sssc catalogue. nev entrusted dj9 and a few others with his crowning achievement , outback haze. using 2 nh 97 phenos (21,36) and hempys 78 tia nev created an entire new line to hunt, culminating wth yet another cannabis breeding milestone.
outback haze isnt just a cool name its a description of the breeding nev used, relying on transgressive segregation and new favorable allele combinations
nev was sure his haze males line started in se ASian thailand. using this progenitor relationship, nev first crossed the 21 to hempys tia. transgressive segregation occurs when 2 lines contain complementary/ primal upstream lines. the parts the 2 genomes have in common segregate to themselves and produce an entirely new phenotype. whereas f1 hybrid vigor uses overdominance awarding the hybrid increased qualities surpassing either parent. unfortunately this vigor is short lived when taken past f1. the independent assortment dilutes the vigor . this is where transgressive seg comes in . this process is heritable and produces "throwback" pheno/chemotypes not presently observed in either parent line. in essence an entirely new accesion. after crossing the 21 to tia nev did a full sib backcross to nh36. this line breeding reinforced the nh selected traits while also creating a diverse genetic pool to pick from for further outcrosses.
dj9 has taken this mission forward after nevs death. he discovered a northern vietnam jungle sativa which he immediately recognized as "landrace haze" this theory has begun its first experimental project- out back haze #3 x n. vietnam
No it doesn't answer the question at all which you seem to dance around in every post you make.

So did you get the seeds or clone from dj ?

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The first thing dj did was x the Outback Haze ( Nevils ultimate Sativa) with NL and was still just calling that Outback on the basement until I called him on it?, I think it's still just written Outback, no mention of NL in his Outback mention everytime unless you really dig around.

Dj seems to embellish anything he did like first claiming he was responsible for half of Nevil's work at seedbank 😆 and hasn't produce nothing of his own in 40 years ? , so Nevil retires and he does also ?

He can't even of sent Swami pure Outback ( as limited Outback seeds available) so must of sent Swami Outback x Nl which is miles away with what Nevil was trying to achieve ( ultimate Sativa)

Crazy how these guys all appear and with these stories after nevil passed

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The whole old Nevil catalogues( not the seeds the catalogue)are sold online by a guy from spain, anyone can order them , he sent me the collection after I sent him Haze seeds.

So where the Haze seeds ? , or Outback, why even mention Outback ?.

Do you just pick the most controversial subject and you know its going to ruffle feathers and start a big back and forth thread ?

Screenshot_20240221_112328_Instagram.jpg

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The whole old Nevil catalogues( not the seeds the catalogue)are sold online by a guy from spain, anyone can order them , he sent me the collection after I sent him Haze seeds.

So where the Haze seeds ? , or Outback, why even mention Outback ?.

Do you just pick the most controversial subject and you know its going to ruffle feathers and start a big back and forth thread ?

View attachment 18962475
Hey geeza

I didn't want to respond until I had an actual answer.

If I wasn't accurate or if the Mr nice thread was insufficient. Here's a screenshot from the horses mouth.

The #9 is what I smoked and shared here.

Any more ? Please holler at me.

Screenshot_20240226_130925_LinkedIn.jpg

Hope this help clears up any smoke 🚬

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey geeza

I didn't want to respond until I had an actual answer.

If I wasn't accurate or if the Mr nice thread was insufficient. Here's a screenshot from the horses mouth.

The #9 is what I smoked and shared here.

Any more ? Please holler at me.

View attachment 18965578

Hope this help clears up any smoke 🚬
I don't need to know the story I got the same exact outback Haze d talking about from Th4sim and British Hempire ( BH was supposed to do a project with Nevil in Spain but didn't work out so i got many of the Original Grail project strains to do something with it), but like i stated there is no male as Feminized seeds thr outback Haze.
Then d was talking about the outback male leaving out the NL5 part he mixed in to Nevil's ultimate Sativa project 😆 , the opposite of what anyone would want mixed into Nevil's ultimate Sativa.
Then sends seeds to other breeders who also just call it outback until I mentioned something , nows its labelled Outback NL5.

suck a joke this shit show

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You missed out the first thing D did was hit with NL5 😆 🤣 😂
Nevils ultimate Sativa project and first thing they do is back to NL5 😆 🤣.
Then was calling it a outback Haze Male 😆 🤣 until I pulled him up on it being Impossible as Outback Haze was Feminized , then the NL5 got mentioned and I had a good laugh 😂 😹
But then he found an amazing Vietnam that he was sure was connected to Nevil's first Haze's , this shit is to funny seriously , and I know 99% eat it up 😆.

So Nevil retires and so does d ( who claimed at first he was responsible for half of seedbank work Nevil did) but nevil retired for over 20 years and
More like 30 for D as Nevil moved to Amsterdam and D was retired then , but wait Nevil comes out of retirement and so do D 😆 🤣, even though not seen him for all these years ?

Also British Hempire and other Nevil's real friends got multiple strains etc and D just got outback ? , Nevil's old breedering partner would of got everything no ?.
Nevil give out many seeds of the Grail project to many of his old contacts and I was very lucky to get seeds from 3 sources ( brother Th4Sim RIP) through British Hempire 🙏 , BH who also sent me more strains after Sim passed , and the others from another Nevil's friend 🙏 🫡.

This legendary D been asleep for decades and not produced 1 thing since Nevil retired, but Nevil's back and so is this guy claiming this that , where has he been last 30 years 😆

Golden Tree

I don't need to know the story I got the same exact outback Haze d talking about from Th4sim and British Hempire ( BH was supposed to do a project with Nevil in Spain but didn't work out so i got many of the Original Grail project strains to do something with it), but like i stated there is no male as Feminized seeds thr outback Haze.
Then d was talking about the outback male leaving out the NL5 part he mixed in to Nevil's ultimate Sativa project 😆 , the opposite of what anyone would want mixed into Nevil's ultimate Sativa.
Then sends seeds to other breeders who also just call it outback until I mentioned something , nows its labelled Outback NL5.

suck a joke this shit show
🤟❤️

Solid info Thank you!

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No it doesn't answer the question at all which you seem to dance around in every post you make.

So did you get the seeds or clone from dj ?
P.s. no seeds or clones

I could have answered that when you asked. Sorry

Reactions: Rgd