What's new

Our Little Dog Spike

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
One thing I read about Pyrenees is that they tend to like the sound of their own barking. Cricket certainly got that. She'll sit and bark at nothing at all. Funny thing is when Missy is barking, Cricket rarely joins in.

She's developing a bird dog head on a Pyrenees body. I just hope there's enough Corker in her to stop her growing before we have to add on to our house.

The other day, it was warmer in the morning and the birds had their first symphony of the coming season. When I let Cricket out, she became enthralled with the bird song and all her focus was on the birds. She cocked her head one way and then the other and turned to focus on whichever bird was signing a note. It was pretty cute.

I remember thinking, we have another Missy on our hands. Missy loves to chase birds. Never even comes close to catching one, but she never gives up.

justpassnthru

Veteran
We bought a rawhide chew toy for each of the mutts. They each took theirs and disappeared. They reappeared "fighting" over the same one. The missus went to take it from them and discovered that they were quite content to chew on either end while she held it for them . . .

http://s188.photobucket.com/user/13SneakyPete13/media/photos/965_zpsd00f18ae.jpg.htmlView Image

http://s188.photobucket.com/user/13SneakyPete13/media/photos/21436_zpscc9c53eb.jpg.htmlView Image

http://s188.photobucket.com/user/13SneakyPete13/media/emotes/34853_baghead.gif.htmlView Image

If the Missus lets go of that chewy... 'Game On!'

Those dogs have the cutest expressions captured well in the photography. :biggrin: jpt

justpassnthru

Veteran
At least, she hasn't grown out of moose-cuteness yet!

She looked like a postage stamp on that 2 mos ago and now the bed is about to look like a postage stamp with Missy Moose on it. LOL that bed may end up as her new saddle! what growth! Amazingly cute. jpt

BlueBlazer

Veteran
Shhhhhh . . . you'll wake the puppy . . .

Cricket has achieved some milestones. She can now jump into the chair in my den. She can jump into my desk chair too, but it spins on her when she does. She gets this comical look on her face and jumps back down.

She can almost jump into the bed (it's pretty high).

She's a shredder for sure. She was fixing to come in from the yard yesterday and a gust of wind sent some leaves flying in a mini twister. She was off chasing leaves until she caught and shredded one. Then she could come in.

Here she is after snagging and shredding the missus' Burpee catalog.

She she is peeking over the arm of the couch.

BlueBlazer

Veteran
The missus made this today. The first pic is from January, the second from February, and the third from today.

Yikes . . .

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Wash the sweater in cold water only and it will stop shrinking.:biggrin:

Might wanna wash the pup in very hot water, yah?

BlueBlazer

Veteran
Heh, she's growing like crazy. Maybe we'll start giving her coffee . . .

Just noticed she's starting to get her dog teeth in. I can't wait. Her puppy teeth are like needles.

BlueBlazer

Veteran

picture.php

BlueBlazer

Veteran
I somehow managed to receive a text message from my wife while I was at the cabin. Couldn't download the image until I got back to civilization though. Once I did, this was the image . . .

I missed my wife this weekend, but I have to admit that I also missed my puppies. It's good to be back with my family. :biggrin:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

it's probably a nice feeling that you have the girls looking after your wife though, 2 dogs barking on the other side of a closed door has great benefits if needed.

Scooby never barks, ever, well perhaps only in her little nightmares she does but not when she's awake :) Alice on the other hand barks enough for 3 dogs.......

Did you get the super hero greeting upon your return home BB? they can't tell time but dogs do realize when the nights pass and you're not there.

BlueBlazer

Veteran
Yes, it calms my mind to know that the missus is well protected when I'm not around.

And yes, the girls were very excited when I came home. There was much jumping around, whining, barking, and slobbering . . . and that was just me!

BlueBlazer

Veteran
Well then, got some more pics:

Some earlier pics 1st

Dual tummy rubs. Notice how they're keeping a sharp eye on each other through the whole process.

Snoozing.

Now from later:

Rawhide bone tug-of-war. Notice how Cricket is now roughly the same size as Missy.
picture.php

The best for last.

The missus has a talent for this. They are so adorable.

Last edited:

BlueBlazer

Veteran
Thanks. I told the missus to try and get a good shot of Cricket with her tongue lolling. Her tongue is really long. Looks stupid and adorable of course. :biggrin:

BlueBlazer

Veteran
Well now. Cricket has grown enough to be able to reach momma's cooling racks. She just finished catching hell for sneaking a cupcake.

Now she's hiding from the wrath of god in my cubby.
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts