What's new

otis' vertical experiments and other projects

D

DaveTheNewbie

heh i can imagine how you feel with a PPK room and 2 flat beds.
its a bit like how i feel with a PPK room and 2 blumat rooms.
but im moving over :)

nice work bud

O

otis33

heh i can imagine how you feel with a PPK room and 2 flat beds.
its a bit like how i feel with a PPK room and 2 blumat rooms.
but im moving over :)

nice work bud

I also have two blumat rooms, the stacked donut screens are actually on blumats, and I have 16 plants at my rental on them. It sends like one place they will work flawlessly, and the other will have nds pulling my hair out trying to dial them. This time the screens have been the performers, last run it was the rental donuts.

O

otis33

Your set-up is sweet, and plants look great. Your og13, and sour jack are they from g13 labs? I hope so, i have both vegging right now, and to hear about and see your yield makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, i love killer pot that yields well.

I asked the guy I got the cuttings from, and yes, g-13 labs. The sour jack smells and tastes awesome, very much like sour d, but the yield it's not so great. Out seems like they should swell more than they do. I thought maybe I could make them perform better. I'm running them an extra 10-15 days longer than last time, but they look about the same. Maybe just a shit pheno. The og-13 is awesome all around: smell, taste, bag appeal, and yieldEd the best out of the bunch

O

otis33

It is simple bro just trellis 'em out, keep 'em flat, simple. I have good luck with a double trellis. The second layer added at day 21 of flower. It seems to help 'em stack up and instead of holding themselves up all their energy can go to make 'em big and sticky.
Sorry to get off vert. guys. My apologies.

Thanks wendull, I will gladly take any pointers on canopy management. I am putting up a trellis this week, and will take you advice on the second. The pineapple express has seriously floppy weak stems so I will need the support

O

otis33

Began harvesting the ppk circle last night. I'm not going to be breaking any gpw records, but this will be a nice little bumper crop in between my bigger harvests. For a single light and a12-14(?) day veg, its not looking too bad. I probably could have vegged the ogs another week, but when I started these I thought they wee all sour jacks, and sour jack stretches like crazy.

O

otis33

This is the first og, I had already clipped off the top before I remembered I was supposed to be documenting my progress.

O

otis33

Og-13 number two, both of these faded into really pretty fall colors when flushed.

O

otis33

I'm hanging all 5 plants on their own line in the drying room so I can get individual plant weights. there was zero larf on the ogs

O

otis33

No matter what the weight turns out to be, the ppk will replace blumats at my rental property. I am always going to check for run aways and dry outs, and even though the work great after they are dialed, I don't trust them enough to be able to be away for more than a couple of days, and the whole reason I bought them was to be able to be away from the grow.

D

DaveTheNewbie

No matter what the weight turns out to be, the ppk will replace blumats at my rental property. I am always going to check for run aways and dry outs, and even though the work great after they are dialed, I don't trust them enough to be able to be away for more than a couple of days, and the whole reason I bought them was to be able to be away from the grow.

yup ive come to the same conclusion

picture.php

there is something just right about this picture. the training so that it leaps out of the pot straight at you. sure the colour is pretty but the training is just awesome.

O

otis33

Thanks....three bamboo stakes and a few pipe cleaners = zero larf:biggrin:

O

otis33

This was the only madness I had in the ppk donut. I can't wait to monocrop this in my stacked donut screens. I now have a big mother of this and it will be my main squeeze until I get a big enough mom of wifi and Scotts og. The pics don't really illustrate how sticky this one is. It took me four hours to trim this Butch. Its looking like it yielded well, we'll see. Here are some pics:

O

otis33

I'm stoked with this harvest, I've trimmed three plants and no larf at all:biggrinn:

O

otis33

Sour jack #1. After trimming the madness, this one was a breeze. I wish I could get these buds to swell a s much as the other strains. Both sour jacks got huge. I let them go 75 days this time, last time I took them at 63-65. They do look a little better and maybe a bit more swollen: