What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Other Botanicals.

Since the useful links thread is going off topic, I thought I'd create this thread.
Discuss your other grows, and your other chosen favourites.

I like cacti.
Have some Lophophora williamsii, juveniles and it will take a long time for them to mature.
I'd like to get a San Pedro as well.
Both are legal to cultivate which is a good thing.

Planning a grow setup for mushrooms. Still a work in progress.

getafix

Am I mistaken in believing Salvia is a source of DMT? I'll do some research and check it out.

In 1998 in Amsterdam I bought some green leaves that I was told was a natural source of DMT. It needs to be smoked and that's exactly what I did. The effects was out of this world!!

I don't know why but since I thought it was probably Salvia. Well, if you know if DMT can be obtained by smoking a green herb let me know..

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Back in "the day" DMT was somehow put on mint leaves and then smoked in joints or in a pipe one or two hits and you must already be laying down. very psychedelic.

getafix

Salvia

Salvia

OK, it seems Salvia's active ingredient is Salvinorin A. There are conflicting reports claiming both DMT and Salvinorin A are the most hallucinogenic substances known to man.

By just quickly reading about effects I understand why I confused the two substances' effects. In 1998 the DMT trip was the most intense I've ever experienced, and since Salvia is also quite intense I though in 1998 I was probably only young and therefore believed it to be extra intense. But it probably was DMT, not Salvia.

For quite interesting reading on smokable natural DMT sources Smoke DMT.

I've actually bought a book "DMT - The spirit molecule" [A doctor's revolutionary research into the biology of near-death and mystical experiences]. But, alas, I've not got around to reading it. The same goes for "Breaking open the head" [A psychedelic journey into the heart of contemporary shamanism]. I went on a Amazon book buying spree. :crazy:

I also bought and read "Food of the gods" [The search for the original tree of knowledge. A radical history of plants, drugs and human evolution]. Mind expanding and thought provoking read, highly recommended. :smoke: Author Terence McKenna

Last edited:
Believe me on this, getafix, if you break through on DMT you'll know about it. It is unlike anything you're ever likely to experience, other than death or birth.
In fact the body is flooded with DMT during birth and death in order to help the body transition through these traumatic moments. Naturally occuring smokeable forms of DMT are not available to my knowledge, and you need to perform a chemical extraction on something like Mimosa Hostilis Root Bark in order to get a smokeable crystal.

Babbabud I don't know about the coating of leaves, but it is entirely possible, especially with mint, as a rough extraction of DMT can be very harsh to smoke.

Break through is out of this world and in my first break through I met a divine alien who basically put me right about my lifestyle. It is a true medicine and should be approached with great respect.

getafix

My experience in Holland also involved beings approaching me. I did leave this world for what felt like hours, but in reality only 20-30 mins. But it was long ago...

DMT is also known as the "Business man's trip". Due to the nature of it's short duration when smoked. It was implied that one could have a hit during your lunch break.
Now, I'm not sure about that especially since one often suffers from shock after a break through and you'd require a bit of a nap afterwards too, but that is only my experience.
So far we've only discussed the smoking of DMT, but one can also imbibe a brew, Yagé, or ayahuasca.
Ayahuasca has a number of recipes, but most often combines tryptamine DMT and an MAOI in the form of harmala alkaloids. The effects of the brew are a lot longer, and is often more hectic due to the presence of the MAOI.
I don't adivise this if you don't like the idea of a purge. ;)

getafix

I bought the following seeds a few months ago:

100 Trichocereus candicans seeds
100 Trichocereus terscheckii seeds
50 Trichocereus bridgesii seeds
100 Trichocereus peruvianus seeds
100 Voacanga africana seeds

I've been procrastinating and would like to try growing some. Seems like you've got some experience MZ. What kind of soil should I use and what kind of growth rate are we looking at?

Ah dammit, I lost the post I was typing...
I use equal parts of Sand, Rich potting soil and Perlite. I treat with a really weak tea every year.

Sorry, growth rate can be anywhere from 20 centimetres to just under a metre (although that is in optimum conditions). Just make sure the soil drains well...

Anyone familiar with khat? It's extensively used in Somalia and Ethiopa, among other places.

Is it any good? Can it be obtained in the USA? What does it do?

getafix

Yes, Khat is a herb originating in Ethiopia and has spread over most of eastern and northern Africa. The leaves contain a stimulant cathine (d-norisoephedrine), cathidine, and cathinine. These are ephidrine like, i.e. amphetamine like.

Cat is the synthetic version of the herbal Khat, known as poor man’s cocaine. It is a white powder that is snorted. It became very popular in the South African (maybe other countries aswell? :confused:) rave scene during the mid to late 90s.

We had the Cat powder often and it is a very uplifting buzzy vibe. I would rate it as good, although a bit different, than Amphetamine. It lasts quite long 2-3 hours per few lines. A bit cocaine like... :sasmokin:

I found this journal findings:

Galkin and Mironychev (1964) reported that up to 80% of the adult population of Yemen use khat. Upon first chewing khat, the initial effects were unpleasant and included dizziness, lassitude, tachycardia, and sometimes epigastric pain.

Gradually more pleasant feelings replaced these inaugural symptoms. The subjects had feelings of bliss, clarity of thought, and became euphoric and overly energetic

Some other info:

Khat (pronounced cot) is a natural stimulant from the Catha Edulis plant, found in the flowering evergreen tree or large shrub which grows in East Africa and Southern Arabia. It reaches heights from 10 feet to 20 feet and its scrawny leaves resemble withered basil.

Fresh Khat leaves are crimson-brown and glossy but become yellow - green and leathery as they age. They also emit a strong smell.

The most favored part of the leaves are the young shoots near the top of the plant. However, leaves and stems at the middle and lower sections are also used.

Khat leaves contain psychoactive ingredients known as cathinone, which is structurally and chemically similar to d-amphetamine, and cathine, a milder form of cathinone.

Fresh leaves contain both ingredients ; those left unrefrigerated beyond 48 hours would contain only cathine, which explains users preference for fresh leaves.

Other names by which Khat is known include: Qat, Kat, Chat, Kus-es-Salahin, Mirra, Tohai, Tschat, Catha, Quat, Abyssinian Tea, African Tea, and African Salad.

krustytheclown said:
Anyone familiar with khat? It's extensively used in Somalia and Ethiopa, among other places.

Is it any good? Can it be obtained in the USA? What does it do?
I dunno about the USA, as I believe cathinone is scheduled.
Otherwise it is pretty much a damp squib, khat. Tastes like crap and screws your teeth up.
You only need to see a khat addict smile to understand. I tried some during a trip in the western sahara desert.

G

fuck! sorry i'm late guys *pulls up a chair*

Khat - never been interested.

Loph's - waste of time and the trip is not as clean as san pedro.
i've done plenty of SP extracts but never grown it myself.

salvia extract - tried it once, was cool but it's not a "teacher" that i trust. i don't like the way you wash in and out of it, and it gave me the impulse to get up and walk around while i was not really able to. i've seen this happen a few times, quite worrying the way it steals your control but gives you strange impulses.

DMT - love it. first time was with pharmaceutical-grade 5-meo-DMT, not much it can "show" you but it is potent. now i grow phalaris tuberosa and i've managed to extract to a yellowish crystal twice. i wouldn't try ayahuasca though, there are better medicines for the longer journeys.

gotta go, party time!

edit: oh, and i grew 'shrooms until i lost my only viable spore print.

Last edited:

Dopeman_Za

Yeah Khat isnt nice stuff. Fuck that chemical shit, stick to natural man! :D
Only positive of Khat is it keeps you awake and buzzing, and it seems to make that 4:20am joint taste so much better. But the negatives outweigh the positives.

You guys must support a grow ill be starting soon.
Me and a friend growing 5 (they either White Widow or White Ice seeds) plants.

Peace brothers! \../ :D \../

Last edited:
G

how did that lightbulb get there?

I wouldn't describe Khat as "chemical shit" - it is a plant after all, although I think a lot of the thinking about natural v. chemical is well confused anyway ... I cringe when I hear people using words like "natural" and "pure" etc.

Well anyway, for the record, in my experience, you can get a pretty similar effect to Khat from knocking back the best part of a pack of Sudafed (the non-paracetamol type), should you so desire (sudafed - pseudoephedrine)... fuck knows why someone would want to do that though, eh.... haha, well there are worse things to spend 2 quid on, and after all, knocking all those pills back does make it a lot easier explaining why one earth you would do such a thing in the first place...

Someone mentioned Phalaris tuberosa - IMHO the best way to "extract" DMT and other trytamines from Phalaris is just to use a juicer/presser to crush the liquid out of the grass. Then simply let the liquid dry out somewhere warmish. Everything you need will be in there. It's that simple. I think trying to refine it any further than that effectively would require a great deal of time effort and lab equipment, and would be pretty pointless anyway.

Anyone here ever try "Wild Dagga" (Leonotis leonurus)? I have some out in the garden, but it seems to be very prone to greenfly. Said to be used as a ganja substitute by some tribes, and grows wild over SA - looks nice, if nothing else

My main non-ganja plant for this year is Nicotiana rustica, which is a mean looking little fiend of a plant I reckon, and probably will actually fuck people up haha

Namkha

p.s. a few years back a friend of mine had some 2CB pills - and I seem to remember her saying they had come from SA, where they could be obtained from GPs... my memory is that they were given as a prescription for people having difficulties in the sack - it's said in low doses to have quite an aphrodisiac effect... would that be right, re. SA?

Tried them myself - like a more composed version of shrooms, though without the humour, or the craziness, and no more aphrodisiac than shrooms (still very)

oh yeh - one other thing re. Peyote (Lopophora williamsii): I once bought a whole pile in a market in Budhapest, live. It was a crusty old guy selling them, with a load of other cacti. He had loads. Like an idiot, I ended up cutting them to take them back home, left them in a plastic bag, and forgot about the lot, so they rotted in my wardrobe. Cost me next nothing, but what a waste of some rare and truly sacred plants!

Last edited:
G

namkha said:
Someone mentioned Phalaris tuberosa - IMHO the best way to "extract" DMT and other trytamines from Phalaris is just to use a juicer/presser to crush the liquid out of the grass. Then simply let the liquid dry out somewhere warmish. Everything you need will be in there. It's that simple. I think trying to refine it any further than that effectively would require a great deal of time effort and lab equipment, and would be pretty pointless anyway.

the juice is fine for ayahuasca, but not for smoking. you don't need lab equipment either, all i use is some basic kitchenware.

G

Really? I haven't personally smoked any DMT resin from phalaris, but I am surprised, as I know plenty of people have. The pressed juice, when dried out to a crystally resin, should evaporate fine. Why exactly wasn't it working?

To the best of my knowledge DMT and analogues are water soluble, so there would be no need to add citric acid or anything, which would prevent you from smoking it, once the solution dried out... I'm sure you know that, but even if the bulk of the resin didn't evapourate from a basic pressing sans acids etc., the DMT and analogues should

re. your ayahuasca comment - which "medicines" are better exactly? I am curious, though utterly incredulous too, as in my experience nothing comes close to actual ayahuasca, short of the Apocalypse itself

Namkha

Last edited: