What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Osmocote + Guano + Warmcast Flowering soil

I Care

How many handfuls of meal are you throwing in there? What do ya have there? Half a yard? You thought about breeding a deep skunk with that deep chunk you have and getting a skunk to cross? I’ll guess I’m not the first one to think about it

Old Uncle Ben

Anything from Espoma is just pretty damn good

Empower yourself, learn plant nutrition.

1711293685843.png

1711293908179.png

Compared to Dyna-Gro that we get in the states. Used this one for decades both as a soil drench and foliar spray. I add it to my PTO driven air blaster when doing the vineyard.

1711294162204.png

Attachments

• 1711293848021.png
    1711293848021.png
    207 KB · Views: 10

Old Uncle Ben

How many handfuls of meal are you throwing in there? What do ya have there? Half a yard? You thought about breeding a deep skunk with that deep chunk you have and getting a skunk to cross? I’ll guess I’m not the first one to think about it

Probably threw in about 2 handfuls of each of the meals into the bucket. Been doing this so long it's like I'm in the kitchen, I just throw some of this and that in. No recipe. Probably have about 1/2 yard of mix. Oh, also threw in a handful or so of gypsum I collect with a shovel at a country road running by a Pacific Gypsum processing plant.

gypsum.jpg

I could kick myself! I have some potent, just delightful Monkey Balls and Cannacopia Lapis Mtn. indica that I should have crossed with some fine Deep Chunk males, or a Sensi Kush male and didn't do it last year. Out of 9 seeds germed, 7 were males, a first!

Yesterday we harvested a 1990 Master Kush X Afghani 90 lady and thru the goo I pulled some nice brown seeds that I hit with a male 1990 Master Kush X Afghani 90, so it's a backcross. These were errant seeds found not in the branches I hit and flagged. Can't imagine what's going to fall out when it dries/cures! Will post pix in my link later.

I also hit a pathetic looking pure Afghan from the Real Seeds Afhgan mix collection.

OLD Amsterdam indicas, restored. :)

HarvestMasterKush.jpg

Last edited:

I Care

I like your description of the pathetic looking pure afghan. Makes it sound like a keeper. What was the fate of the chunks?

I know I’m not a genius but I got some 3cuft costs of Maine 1.5 aeration soil 1.5 growers mix, 3cuft compressed peat, and 2cuft pearlite. 10 gallon 40l pots with adequate run off and recovery every watering. I’m going to do 1 part aeration soil, 1 part growers mix, 1-2 parts peat and one part perlite and see what happens during veg from seedling.

You see the real problem is that I have a real problem but a lifetime supply of deep chunk is on the list. Someday I will find the courage in me to accept myself for only ordering one item on the list.

Back at @Rhizoma
Seems like complete approval for your approach, long as you don’t shock it with cold or hot heat you will get something with any kind of soil. First plant which a friend brought me was grown next to a pool pump in the shade with some garden soil as a teenager. So it’s really just dependent on what you can afford and what’s available to you as what you think is best. I found a nugget in a lawn one time, it was only a few puffs in size and was a leafy little thing. I wish I had a picture of that for proof. It may have gotten a fair chance of the lawn was never serviced. I’m pretty sure the contents of the soul would have been pet waste gulf coast sand and grass clippings.

Attachments

• IMG_1230.jpeg
    IMG_1230.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 14

Old Uncle Ben

I like your description of the pathetic looking pure afghan. Makes it sound like a keeper. What was the fate of the chunks?

I know I’m not a genius but I got some 3cuft costs of Maine 1.5 aeration soil 1.5 growers mix, 3cuft compressed peat, and 2cuft pearlite. 10 gallon 40l pots with adequate run off and recovery every watering. I’m going to do 1 part aeration soil, 1 part growers mix, 1-2 parts peat and one part perlite and see what happens during veg from seedling.

You see the real problem is that I have a real problem but a lifetime supply of deep chunk is on the list. Someday I will find the courage in me to accept myself for only ordering one item on the list.

Back at @Rhizoma
Seems like complete approval for your approach, long as you don’t shock it with cold or hot heat you will get something with any kind of soil. First plant which a friend brought me was grown next to a pool pump in the shade with some garden soil as a teenager. So it’s really just dependent on what you can afford and what’s available to you as what you think is best. I found a nugget in a lawn one time, it was only a few puffs in size and was a leafy little thing. I wish I had a picture of that for proof. It may have gotten a fair chance of the lawn was never serviced. I’m pretty sure the contents of the soul would have been pet waste gulf coast sand and grass clippings.
All my greens are hung with a fan blowing on them.

I Care

Going to try and find some of this foliage pro because it gives suggestions for every watering. Which will be great for vegetative growth, it’s how I liked to feed in a past successful and complete grow. Good looks UB

Latest posts

Latest posts