What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Osmocote + Guano + Warmcast Flowering soil

Rhizoma

Hi all,

I decided to give a try for my next grow with preparation soil for only water + blumat.

I will have 3 plants in 15l soil with this composition:
- biobbizz light mix
- warmcast
- Osmocote pro 4-5 months release
- Guano bat pellets ( I couldn't find Osmocote bloom in small quantities)
- scale lime
- Epson salt

I will transplant from nursery 1l to 15l 1 week vegetative ( too little time for roots?) and after 12/12.

I am not sure if I am adding too many things and being my first time I was wondering if someone is using Osmocote and could advise.

Thanks

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hi all,

I decided to give a try for my next grow with preparation soil for only water + blumat.

- biobbizz light mix
- warmcast
- scale lime
- Epson salt

I will transplant from nursery 1l to 15l 1 week vegetative ( too little time for roots?) and after 12/12.

I am not sure if I am adding too many things and being my first time I was wondering if someone is using Osmocote and could advise.

Thanks
Okay, friend sounds good to me. Keep us posted on the results. I'm going to ride with you for a while and see how this mix works for you. Thanks for sharing.

Cannabrainer

Do you believe will work?
It can work. In fact, the guys over at build a soil are aware that people use coco instead of sphagnum peat moss, so you can use it as a base to build your soild. I would keep it simple: A third of coco, a third of compost and worm castings, and a third of aeration, plus the micro and macro nutrients in slow release. I would use Sphagnum Peat Moss over coco though for what has been said above. However, a really good grower can overcome Coco having a lower CEC.

Old Uncle Ben

Hi all,

- biobbizz light mix
- warmcast
- scale lime
- Epson salt

Thanks

I have a thread on it here and mention it in my link. https://www.icmag.com/threads/osmocote-my-favorite-plant-food-easy-peasy-complete.18126434/

You don't need anything more than Osmocote Indoor-Outdoor Plus, 15-9-12, 5-6 month from start to finish. Be careful adding other stuff or you'll stress out your faves. Learn plant nutrition and empower yourself.

Don't get sucked into the veg/bloom food hype. That's for noobs that listen to bro science and vendors who want to make a buck without any accountability when gardens fail.

UB

Last edited:

Rhizoma

I have a thread on it here and mention it in my link. https://www.icmag.com/threads/osmocote-my-favorite-plant-food-easy-peasy-complete.18126434/

You don't need anything more than Osmocote Indoor-Outdoor Plus, 15-9-12, 5-6 month from start to finish. Be careful adding other stuff or you'll stress out your faves. Learn plant nutrition and empower yourself.

Don't get sucked into the veg/bloom food hype. That's for noobs that listen to bro science and vendors who want to make a buck without any accountability when gardens fail.

UB
Many thanks! I will follow your advise.
Is it Coco also a good choice or better soil?

Old Piney

Hi all,

- biobbizz light mix
- warmcast
- scale lime
- Epson salt

Thanks
That will work but if you want to go just organic I’d leave out the osmocote. Maybe worm castings and some Esopoma tomato tone a good Ph and that's it. @Old Uncle Ben lol ,sorry man

Old Uncle Ben

That will work but if you want to go just organic I’d leave out the osmocote. Maybe worm castings and some Esopoma tomato tone a good Ph and that's it. @Old Uncle Ben lol ,sorry man

Espoma is a rip, to anyone that understands plant nutrition. All hype, not complete, bad NPK.

1711162689550.png

Old Uncle Ben

Homey don't need no frickin' "recipe". :) I just throw together whatever I have stocked outside and in bags. Good quality (clean) pine bark fines is a great start for a base. Commercial folks, my friends and me, often use nothing more than 3 parts pb fines/mulch and 1 part sand, the latter substitute can be coarse #3 vermiculite. Perlite breaks down, crumbles. Is not my fave.

Soil#2.jpg Soil.jpg Soil.jpg soil#2.jpg soil.jpg
SoilBulk.jpg

Keep 'em green.

Maui Wowie Jan 19.jpg

I moisten my soil with a slop made of a qt. of horse nuggets (alfalfa) in a bucket of water. Soak them overnight. Alfalfa has a growth hormone called triacontanol.

UB

Rhizoma

Homey don't need no frickin' "recipe". :) I just throw together whatever I have stocked outside and in bags. Good quality (clean) pine bark fines is a great start for a base. Commercial folks, my friends and me, often use nothing more than 3 parts pb fines/mulch and 1 part sand, the latter substitute can be coarse #3 vermiculite. Perlite breaks down, crumbles. Is not my fave.

View attachment 18977574 View attachment 18977575 View attachment 18977576 View attachment 18977577 View attachment 18977578 View attachment 18977579

Keep 'em green.

View attachment 18977580

I moisten my soil with a slop made of a qt. of horse nuggets (alfalfa) in a bucket of water. Soak them overnight. Alfalfa has a growth hormone called triacontanol.

UB
You rock!!!!
Didn't know you were working with such small amount of soil ;)

Old Piney

View attachment 18977574 View attachment 18977575 View attachment 18977576 View attachment 18977577 View attachment 18977578 View attachment 18977579

Keep 'em green.

View attachment 18977580

UB
Looks like a recipe to me

PadawanWarrior

Keep 'em green.

View attachment 18977580

UB
homey.gif