What's new

Osa28

C

cooterbrown420

i tried Osa didnt really notice much difference, tried Powersi noticed a big difference will continue to use Powersi.

Sherbertalbert

Osa28

I registered to report on this product

Yields increased a bit and quality went to shit

I've been running the same strain for 6 years and the only difference has been this product

Asslover

Veteran
I loved threads like this when I modded this forum. I'll be standing here greezin back on some popcorn wearing my Hip waders...:lurk:

None, I registered to give my input

Product works well but quality suffered

Hmm. I used osa for my last few grows. In my experiece its the most effective silicon product ive tried. There is no question that stems and trunk are solid and dense as fuck. Si should have zero neg effect unless you over do the dosey doe.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I wouldn't say leaps and bounds better that other silica, but marginally better is still an improvement.

redlaser

Veteran
Can't find it right now but there is a comparison done on the availability of silicon from about six different silica sources. It was posted this week on IG. Agisil 16 had the most available at about 16%, and the rest were at 1-6% , with most less than 4%.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am in the habit of automatically disbelieving everything on IG. The idiocy is mindboggling, let alone the wive's tale gardening myths and bullshit suggestions/judgement from consumers.

Either way, there are far cheaper sources, organic or conventional. It is amazing how sponsorship can make an overpriced product into a staple for the unthinking masses.

redlaser

Veteran
Yeah, you really have to sift through IG.
I try to only follow the mostly reasonable ones, and I find a few useful nuggets of info from day to day. I saw Orechron reposted the silica comparisons today, looks like he got it from customhydronutrients.
Agisil was only 8% but the highest, and there were about twelve total products tested. OSA-28 was at 1%.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I've gone back to botanicare's silica blast, the osa didn't make a noticable enough difference to justify the cost of it...I have an unused quart just sitting here

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Funnyass thread:biggrin: Just like whobdobub said in 2009

"Its expensive as hell to hang out on these boards if you take anyones word on anything!" Whobdobub-2009

Avenger

Veteran
attachment.php

Attachments

• OSA 28 soluble silicon analysis.jpg
    OSA 28 soluble silicon analysis.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 19
  • osa28 full analysis.jpg
    osa28 full analysis.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Plant Available Silicon of Fertilizer Sources v5.jpg
    Plant Available Silicon of Fertilizer Sources v5.jpg