What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ORPotGuy's First Diary of Ice.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
nice garden right on

Better to push air through a carbon filter or pull air through it?

theres less resistance pulling through

G

Thanks for stopping by Major. Thanks for the info about the filter.

It snowed here a couple of days ago. Ahh all nice and white. Two days later I realized that only one section of my roof had melted the snow. RIGHT UNDER MY ROOM. Oh well at least we dont get snow around here that often.

G

More Pics

More Pics

So maybe I am posting more pics that I really need to. But when you have a camera you just love to use. Here Are the new ones.

Here is the little Train wrecks. The Front two are coming along nicely. The Back one has been needing a little help. Her roots arent coming out of the pots quite as fast. So have been having to hand water her. Seems like she will probably be ok. Can TW stand to take a little abuse?

Here are the Ice Ladies. They have Been drinkin up lots and lots of nutes. Good girls. But they are still lacking what I can tell is K. I got some guano from the hydro store. Its from The Guano Company. Budswel If nothing else its a nice add to the PBP. Plus its 20 bucks a gal. I can feed it pretty cheap. :joint:

One of the reasons I switched to the trays was movement of the plants. It seems to work pretty slick. Drain the tray. pull the cords and such out of the way. and bam the plants are out of the HPS ready for the photo shoot. Or Tie down early in life. Along with the wheels on the tray. Moving these ladies around is a dream. I love this set up.

What we are here for the pictures. :joint::lurk:

Ice tray Flowering 21-25days? I didnt write it down.

mmmm Buds.

I love this pic. This girl trained so well. You can hardly tell which branch is actually the main stalk of the plant.

What do we know about the Phenos in this FMS Ice. I seem to have a Sat dom and an Inidca dom pheno.

Well Hope you guys like the pics. lates
OPG

G

The Train wreck has shown her flowers. I dont know why I still get so excited to see those little white hairs. Even when they are coming off of a proven mother. Oh well. They are here.

Samson- Thanks bud. I am really happy the way they are turning out. Now just the trimming to open them up just a little bit and I think i will have my style down.

southwind

perfect LST

perfect LST

That is such a great job on the LST !!

Its .. its..inspiring!

Thanks and like watching the show!

South

G

Here is a bunch of pics. The Ice is packing on some weight right now.

An then the Train wreck. The Back plant had been straggling behind the other plants. I am not really sure what its problem was, but I tossed him and replaced it with another clone that I had ready to go. It will be a couple of weeks behind. Oh well.

Comiing up after the Ice: DP Strawberry Cough. lets hope its better than the reviews.

G

Wow that freaking Ice is really packing on the weight. Everyday there is a noticeable difference in bud formation. MMMM

G

Good moring,

Well here we are coming about to week 6 I think. I n the flowering of the ice. Starting to get a nice sweet smell to the THC fuel that has been dominating the room. She has backed off on the filling stage and is now throwing out the resin.
Looking like I could be giving some beautiful Ice flowers to my gf for valentines day. I could only get a couple of nice pics of the ice.

Here is an overall view of the room right now.

And the Trainwreck. The two plants that are into flowering have nice little buds all over the, Still wish I would have waited to put them in but I think they will give me a nice percy stash.

Kind of a little hectic around here right now. People moving in and family members stopping by. Going to be the first test of smell and lighting. at least I have a week to gather all my growing and smoking supplies into one place.
Later OPG

Hey ORPotGuy, Nice grow you have going on. That pinesol really does the trick doesn't it? What scent are you using? I use Orange pinesol and a bucket, airpump and airstone method. Takes the smell away to where ever smells go. Nice to have if you have company coming over. Speaking of which, are you gonna have to break the entire room down while other people's family comes over? Sounds like a major pain. Hope your roommates are cool!

I looked at your overall growroom pic, Is that your hps ballast sitting between the trays? Did you build the room around your grow (like in a larger room) or is it actually a closet type space? Like the idea of the trays rolling out for access.

Take it easy. OJ

G

Speaking of which, are you gonna have to break the entire room down while other people's family comes over? Sounds like a major pain. Hope your roommates are cool!

I looked at your overall growroom pic, Is that your hps ballast sitting between the trays? Did you build the room around your grow (like in a larger room) or is it actually a closet type space? Like the idea of the trays rolling out for access.

Take it easy. OJ

First off thanks for everyone posting and stopping by. I figure no one was either saying anything or tearing me a new one. Figured I must be doing something a little right.

OJ- No I dont have break the room down. Roommate is my girlfriend. She is just going to be moving in. She 100% supports me growing our personal stash. I just have to move all my vegging plants around. I have kind of got them spread around the house in various closets. Kind of good. It is forcing me to finish setting up my gardening room.

My flowering room is the walk-in closet of my master bedroom. That box is intake fan controller. The ballast are outside the room. For along time I just dealt with the HPS at night for three months. after that I moved the bed into another room. And now the master bedroom is the gardening room.
The bathroom with be transformed into the Veg and work room. Using the Shower stall for the veg cab. The using the bedroom as the smoke room. That way I can keep everything behind one locked door.
I figure another 500-1000 dollars gets me the room I want. Then I will just have to get it all dialed in.

Later
OPG

Last edited:
G

So after being a complete stoner. Thinking it was week 6 or so figured I would start checking buds with the budscope. Low and behold I had nice milky trichs. MMMM. So I go back thorugh the postings of my diary. Nope its 56 days on sunday. These girls are right on time and looking quite tasty. Started to flush them out tonight on day 52. mmmm 14 days or so till smokable homegrown again.

Philly Green

Do you like Ice. I am growing with Ice now and it has proved to be a hearty strain, but I am still waiting to see what the bud outcome is like. I am flowering now, using only Age Old bloom (organic flowering fert.) Does all that other stuff your adding really help your harvest? Minding the fact that you are doing hydro and I am working with soil.

G

PG- I feel there is lots of cross over between soil and hydro. Honestly, I dont know how much they help. I am merely trying to follow those who grow dank buds than me. The Liquid Karma, and Sweet have a permanent place on my shelf. I am going to give Hyrgozome ( the one that smells of stale beer) another try in place of hydrogaurd. See if its really worth the money. And Hydroplex in place of the Top max. That coming from MR Wags.

Like I said just trying to follow the steps of the ones before. and sampling what works in my garden. I am not complaining about what my yield looks like. I got the training down that I want. Now I just have to get the trimming down. clean alot of the little crap so it will go to the tops. least thats the theory.

Later
OPG

G

mischievous said:
ooooo post harvest pics n pics of the plants just b 4 harvest i have 2 10 packs n i need to know what to expect =p

No problem I plan on taking pictures of the whole harvest. My yield wont be the best. I got the bushyness of the tie down but, didnt trim any of the spindly stuff. What do you guys think of trimming off the tops and letting the lower stuff finish. Does that really work? Will keep you guys up to date on all the pre and post harvest activities. Hoping to hook up some bubble bags I can borrow. Would like to try making some hash.

later
OPG

Latest posts

Latest posts