What's new

Original Strawberry Cough

G

Taken at 70 days, when the pink elephants start to come out.

Cheers, SC

161822_16_cough_b.jpg

161822_16_cough_d.jpg

G

Thanks for the kind words everyone. The smell when growing isn't quite strawberries, more like some tropical punch candy. Once she's down and dry, the smell becomes more complex with a fantastic spicy element.

Rofllmao, Chili. I try my bestest. But how can you compare strawberries and oranges like that?

Cheers, SC

Berry_Coughin'

Veteran
IS that the "kyle" cut? or DP... I have a cut but I don't know if it's dp or kyle... i'll get some pics and you maybe can help... thanks wallstreet....

G

wallstreet_wook said:
Thanks for the kind words everyone. The smell when growing isn't quite strawberries, more like some tropical punch candy. Once she's down and dry, the smell becomes more complex with a fantastic spicy element.
Cheers, SC

nice shots WW, and thanks for the description, thats how that plant comes across for me, tropical punch, but more tangy/unripe taste and aroma here.

have one goin now that i been usin molasses on(recommended by another SC grower) maybe get some sweetness outta her. i do like the way she yields, and that bit of hazyness in there is what keeps me commin back for more:D

CBF

G

Yes, this clone is the one commonly referred to as the KK or Kyle Kushman Strawberry Cough. I personally try and steer clear of adding his name to it as he didn't breed it and then sold the cut to Dutch Passion for what turned out to be a poorly conceived hybrid (from what I've seen and heard).

Lol, Cedarberry, wussup buddy? I am that grower. Not just the cough, but all my plants get about 1/2 a tablespoon of blackstrap mollasses with every flower ferting. I don't know about the sweetness (which I have also heard before, but never actually noticed in the finished product) as the blackstrap smells like gunpowder (and I don't know how you could get the cough any sweeter). But it is def a fantastic source of carbohydrates and potassium, among other elements, vitamins, and minerals.

Here's what the Three Little Birds (organic gods) wrote on the subject back at OG:

Molasses is a syrupy, thick juice created by the processing of either sugar beets or the sugar cane plant. Depending on the definition used, Sweet Sorghum also qualifies as a molasses, although technically it’s a thickened syrup more akin to Maple Syrup than to molasses. The grade and type of molasses depends on the maturity of the sugar cane or beet and the method of extraction. The different molasses’ have names like: first molasses, second molasses, unsulphured molasses, sulphured molasses, and blackstrap molasses. For gardeners the sweet syrup can work as a carbohydrate source to feed and stimulate microorganisms. And, because molasses (average NPK 1-0-5) contains potash, sulfur, and many trace minerals, it can serve as a nutritious soil amendment. Molasses is also an excellent chelating agent.

Several grades and types of molasses are produced by sugar cane processing. First the plants are harvested and stripped of their leaves, and then the sugar cane is usually crushed or mashed to extract it’s sugary juice. Sugar manufacturing begins by boiling cane juice until it reaches the proper consistency, it is then processed to extract sugar. This first boiling and processing produces what is called first molasses, this has the highest sugar content of the molasses because relatively little sugar has been extracted from the juice. Green (unripe) sugar cane that has been treated with sulphur fumes during sugar extraction produces sulphured molasses. The juice of sun-ripened cane which has been clarified and concentrated produces unsulphured molasses. Another boiling and sugar extraction produces second molasses which has a slight bitter tinge to its taste.

Further rounds of processing and boiling yield dark colored blackstrap molasses, which is the most nutritionally valuable of the various types of molasses. It is commonly used as a sweetner in the manufacture of cattle and other animal feeds, and is even sold as a human health supplement. Any kind of molasses will work to provide benefit for soil and growing plants, but blackstrap molasses is the best choice because it contains the greatest concentration of sulfur, iron and micronutrients from the original cane material.

Cheers, SC

G

wallstreet_wook said:
Lol, Cedarberry, wussup buddy? I am that grower. Not just the cough, but all my plants get about 1/2 a tablespoon of blackstrap mollasses with every flower ferting.

SC

Hmmmm:chin:

im confused now for sure, LOL

SC from OG? if thats the case, well i know my plant is the same as yours, lol.

im clueless to whats goin on around me .......its good to see you here, see you have the TW. looks great, enjoy that one, imo its a real good one.

take care
CBF

Last edited:

Berry_Coughin'

Veteran
Here is the last of six... SC ?unknown origin....

up close....

DP....KK???? no clue.....

These clones were a gift from an IC member about 7 months ago... I kept them stagnant... then let em rip.... I still have the lineage... just curious to anyones input ....

Last edited:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
KK SC

KK SC

:rasta: Im pretty sure this is the origanol, I got it from a club in cali a few months ago... looks just like the one in the photos above, some Grade A++ shit, my girl is in love with this strain....
PICT0063-3.jpg

PICT0064-3.jpg

PICT0062-3.jpg

She was so bomb I decided to keep her since no more SC clones been available for a minute, here she is re-veggin:
PICT0061-3.jpg

PICT0060-3.jpg

:rasta:

bluebottle

wallstreet, great job my friend! I'm interested in the strain. Any chance we can see the entire plant? How tall did she get? How long did you veg? They look so tasty!!!

HoggLife

Ive done KKSC many many times. I have been growing for 5 years and have done many many strains and here in NorCal I grow A grade quality. KKSC by far is the very very best and my favorite strain. I sadly dont have the stain anymore lost it last harvest when the babies I had of it died :( I wish I could get just 1 baby of it to make a mother. Anyways I grow in soil, 5 gallon pots and veg not by days but by size and would veg it out to about 28 inches which is about 1 month of veg. I would average about 6 ounces a plant. So it not only is a incredible taste look smell and high but also a very high yielder. Anyone with this stain concider yourself lucky and if you want to trade I have plenty other strains I would trade just to get 1 baby of KKSC again. Shit I would trade my left nut for 1 baby of this beautiful strain again LOL.

HoggLife

Oh and bluebottle you asked how tall she gets. My would be between 4-5 feet tall without counting the bucket. Shes a beast!!!

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chili good for you! Looks great. thanks for reviving this thread. Hey I have a strawbeery cross I did in my 2011 grow diary, it was with Rez's Strawberry cough kush and (MSSxSB)...does anyone know if Rez used the KK cut? Cheers..DD

Latest posts

Latest posts