What's new

original sour diesel vs ecsd?

Burt

Veteran
HSO offering didn’t have the resin content I’ve come to expect but it isn’t the only report of dudd’ish gals in the pool

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
we bought a bunch of beans from reeferman maybe 10yrs ago, and they SUCKED... BUT... we sowed our last sour diesel last grow, and it was OUTSTANDING... we took a few cuttings, and def will run this pheno again...

Nirrity

I did a side by side grow of the original diesel and ecsd 10 years ago. The origin diesel grew bigger more solid buds.

The ecsd had fluffier flowers but had a more pungent oder and was more potent.

I lost my ecsd cut years ago . Wish I still had her but I still hold the original diesel

are you saying daywrecker/headband/original diesel is less loud than ecsd? not arguing, just really curious.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sierraskunk
Do you have a picture of your original Diesel cut in veg or flower ?

I found the opposite. The Original Diesel clone absolutely stinks every run and has more chunky buds like you said compared to the ECSD.
The ECSD clone needs to be run perfect and 11-12 weeks to really bring out that funk as good as the original Diesel cut taken at 10 weeks.
When the ECSD cut is dialed and a perfect run its as good as the original Diesel cut.
I believe its becuase the ECSD is tired and stressed over the years. I find the original Diesel cut is much less spread around so less stressed and kept more intact.
Just my opinion from running both over the last decade. Also there are a few ECSD cuts ( maybe the same) but some are alot better than others again i believe from stess,reveging or whatever over the years. Also there was an ECSD cut going around a decade ago that had russset or broad mites and would always be watered down version of the real deal even though it was a real deal cut .

Nirrity

ojd, since you run both, how would you compare them in terms of their effect and flavor? being relatives do they have notable differencies, perhaps like being more/less euphoric, more/less anxiety, body stone, lenght of high etc.?

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ECSD is def more Sativa compared to original Diesel but still indica dom
Grows with sativa traits , and stretches in flower

Original Diesel is all Indica dom staying much shorter and all couchkock . Minimal stretch compared to the ECSD

Both have that same diesel flavour and potency but ECSD needs to be dialed to bring it out, original Diesel always gives it up but is less vigourous growing than the ECSD

Last edited:
I

IncenseRosemary

ECSD is def more Sativa compared to original Diesel but still indica dom
Grows with sativa traits , and stretches in flower

Original Diesel is all Indica dom staying much shorter and all couchkock . Minimal stretch compared to the ECSD

Both have that same diesel flavour and potency but ECSD needs to be dialed to bring it out, original Diesel always gives it up but is less vigourous growing than the ECSD

When i go trough Diesels seeds what u saying are just different phenos from seeds stock. The most hard to grow are those lemony-citrus-white grapefruit no red grapefruit !!! are sativas and they are best to me but ECSD also if the go more than 77 days citrus fade off. Others are like that original Diesel with straight old school super skunk again sativa phenos os Super skunk smell but without lemon-citrus-grapefruit. All Diesels are funny to smoke not to strong and tolerance is very fast to build in. I grew many many packs of Super skunk before end when i start growing sour diesel after first harvest i was disappoitned they all resamble super skunks from past but few have that citrus kick to them and i keept 1 pheno. Sour Diesel is good strain but when i see that some people let it for 84 days i think for that flower time any better pheno of super silver haze beat every Diesel i smoke and grow. What i see that most strains from USA are 1st commercial then Connoisseur. While we in Europe like that fine thing to be more in Connoisseur way. Also i see that in USA they stuck in Afghan,Shiva shanti,Hindu kush and super skunk gene pool in Europe we go more on white strains and fruty haze hybrids. UK in middle with cheese it is road kill skunk but with that berry tone. :)

Nirrity

When i go trough Diesels seeds... ...when i start growing sour diesel after first harvest i was disappoitned they all resamble super skunks from past but few have that citrus kick to them and i keept 1 pheno...
it sounds as if you are talking about plenty of seeds, while both ecsd and daywrecket are clone-onlies. of course different conditions result in some deviations to the end product but not to the point of speaking about different phenos. do you talk about sour diesel seeds?

...any better pheno of super silver haze beat every Diesel i smoke and grow.

no such thing as better or worse, it is all a matter of personal preference.

super silver haze is a terpinolene dominant variety with some myrcene, limonene and ocimene, while ecsd is limonene dominant with substantial myrcene and caryophyllene in the mix. they both give different type of effect.
peace

Last edited:
I

IncenseRosemary

it sounds as if you are talking about plenty of seeds, while both ecsd and daywrecket are clone-onlies. of course different conditions result in some deviations to the end product but not to the point of speaking about different phenos. do you talk about sour diesel seeds?

no such thing as better or worse, it is all a matter of personal preference.

super silver haze is a terpinolene dominant variety with some myrcene, limonene and ocimene, while ecsd is limonene dominant with substantial myrcene and caryophyllene in the mix. they both give different type of effect.
peace

Yes i had grown about BX2 60 seeds and few s1 seed packs from differnet breeders,Its true SSH aint better then SD they different.

Latest posts

Latest posts