What's new

Original Haze hybrids and psychohaze phenotypes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Long over due update on my Tropical Boogies. They are doing great...smelling sweet and musky. A little fingering under her lovely skirts leaves an
PXL_20220528_135941788.jpg
PXL_20220528_140051893.jpg
earthy mint aroma along with a bit of citrus. Nice! :)

PXL_20220528_140123427.MP.jpg

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Thanks Maha. :)

So, no metal shop smells at all, and I have much experience in that regard...the #1 plant is smaller and actually has very little scent. Even a fingering hardly has any aroma. The bigger plant has some industrial cleaner scent when you add it all up. I give them a little bio biz flowering mix and some molasses in every watering as well as microbe mix.

My big girl has thrown a few nanners. I have some on just about all my plants this spring so they are a little stressed I think for whatever reason. I don't care at all since I just grow for me and some friends. ;)

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Maha a few pics of mindblower haze.

Smells are very tropical one the one that looks further along.

Approaching 70 days flower

Attachments

• IMG_20220528_231008.jpg
    IMG_20220528_231008.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20220528_231031.jpg
    IMG_20220528_231031.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20220528_230704.jpg
    IMG_20220528_230704.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 852
  • IMG_20220528_230755.jpg
    IMG_20220528_230755.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 85

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I found this comment in one of those older haze threads. and I found it to be true about toms haze hahah

Haze is divine, the biggest pain in the ass I have ever grown, looks like shit, tastes like paradise, hits you like acid and theres no roof, every single hit gets you higher..

MR. SHINE 2022:ying: he is showing his over potent balls once again.

full

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Regarding Tom Hill and his opinion about Colombians, well its his opinion. I wouldnt describe it like that, but in the end, its all matter of selection.
You need good selection with Tom Hill haze as well, I did not care for 10 females out of 13, and there were even more sedating phenotypes than Seedsman/Golli OHaze. I found 22 weeker in Seedsman/Golli that is electric and very psychedelic, strong yet positive (although can get scary in bigger quantities) and last for very long time. It has similar sour herbal terps as my favorite Tom Hill Haze btw, just without that unripe mango.

I was thinking about this, sure it is about pheno. there is difference between growing these pure hazes and hybrids - I am sure you are aware of it, and how "pure" one works in hybrid. and of course, different folks has different tastes.

so how it works in hybrid - it is interesting for me, it doesnt breed true, so even you use, or I use, highly psychoactive pheno, there is no guarantee, that it will appear in hybrid somehow frequently. thats why it is important that other part of hybrid. I dont try to teach you anything, it is just my observation.

these hybrids exist for long time. for example titans haze, thats hybrid where this colombian dom haze was used. or nevilles haze contain a lot of lumbo phenos, some golds and some reds too... there is also thai pheno imo. I see that Tom Hill thinks, that haze that was used in NH, is lumbo/mexican one... so in this regard I dont agree, as I grew thai pheno of it, and to me again, it was much more interesting, with higher ceiling than those lumbo ones, which are preferred by some as they are shorter flowering and incense! hehe

now it is about subjective tastes. there still will be some folks which will prefer colombian dom haze over thai haze, and vice versa, and we can say it is matter of taste and opinion.

so yeah it is Tom´s opinion, but when we say it is MAHA KALA opinion or elanius opinion, that is not same level imo.

if we accept the thought that opinion is the lowest form of knowledge, then I think it is not really opinion of Tom Hill, it is more knowledge than opinion. higher form of knowledge than some opinion. as there is huge work with it behind him. many many plants... I personally dont have such knowledge about it, of course. I just quoted what he said about colombian. I am not much into trying those colombians in fact, but I can compare colombian haze hybrids vs. thai haze hybrids, and I always missed more energy and electricity in effect from colombian haze hybrids. I like rush and flushing waves. so for me it is more than somebodys opinion.

I respect his work and some low class guy said that he is drunken when he writes these posts. I dont know and I dont care much about, as I am interested in his work, not in him as person... so I dont care if skunkman was homeless or tom hill is laying drunken in amazonia, or dj short lies to sell his books LOL like some intelligent individuals try to discredit them. I dont care, but their work with cannabis is excellent.

juicy woo. they look all very similar. it is big haze with big stretch and good branching,I keep it in small pot as I dont need bigger plants. she is doing great in my greenhouse. it is beautiful blue thai haze, I cant wait...

1654079233100.png

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
juicy woo rooted clone and seed mother plant. I was training the seed mother plant before it was damaged and I cut the main colas for clones. I had a rooted clone so I decided to flower it and she took off. In about 3 weeks it has tripled in size and started to put on flowers. It has a strong haze structure from the looks of it. the seed plant gave me several clones which also rooted quickly and I was going to get rid of the plant but saw it had developed multiple shoots so put it into flower as well to see how it does. below is the flowering root clone and the seed mom with many mini colas that should keep plant shorter but give me some nice branches.

20220531_212410.jpg
20220531_212438.jpg
20220531_212840.jpg

seed mom...

20220531_213543.jpg
20220531_213559.jpg
20220531_213621.jpg
20220531_213038.jpg

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
she looks beautiful! Jahaze. very good job, it is not surprise as you are excellent grower.

some of mine have sticky stems, yours too?

that mom seed will give some nice colas thats sure. it looks just like my JWs. I see no difference, it is very very uniform in its look.

thanks for sharing her with us. I hope it is fun to grow for you.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Did you smoke some of him? Learning to smoke greens to gage effects is for me a very important factor.
yes, last year when I selected him. but not according to it, as other males I smoked, I saw no difference among them in this, it was the same, besides that it was awful to smoke

I could afford to choose male instinctively, as I know toms haze, or my selection of it very well and I also was selecting toms haze males at 2015, so I have some experience with it how it works...
:watchplant:

no haze male is ideal, like those trolls are talking about A and C, every male has its disadvantages in outcross... when selecting for tasty mothers, all I need is male which accelerates potency and dont have to care what terps he brings. I dont mind his terps though, which is floral metallic musk.

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
yes I checked today and the stem is indeed very sticky
that should be good phenotype.

did you notice some intersexual traits? check you plant properly please as it contains a lot of thai. dj short reports that his thai can have these problems.

"The primary drawback to growing the Highland Thai, after its leafiness, was its hermaphroditism. Though few seeds were found, and plants grown from the seeds produced only minor quantities of seed, all of the product was hermaphroditic. Also, many of the male flowers were sterile on some of the plants, or on certain parts of certain plants."

I cant wait to see your JW further in flowering. keep it up.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
did you notice some intersexual traits? check you plant properly please as it contains a lot of thai.
yeah I've been checking since last week when she started flowering rapidly. Thanks for the heads up though, I will pull her out of the room and deeply inspect.

@MAHA KALA she is very aggressive grower and switches to flower mode quickly. I have her under 11.5 on/12.5 off cycle and she is just exploding with flower production. Every day there is noticeable growth. I think I'll keep her in the 1gal container for another week then put her in 3gal till she finishes.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
yeah I've been checking since last week when she started flowering rapidly. Thanks for the heads up though, I will pull her out of the room and deeply inspect.

@MAHA KALA she is very aggressive grower and switches to flower mode quickly. I have her under 11.5 on/12.5 off cycle and she is just exploding with flower production. Every day there is noticeable growth. I think I'll keep her in the 1gal container for another week then put her in 3gal till she finishes.
I think that from cut it is less chance for it, but check it anyway.

I agree, it is very vigorous. you and me, we both experience that magic with JW, when two very well inbred distinctive lines meet each other in f1 hybrid....

yes first 3 - 4 weeks keep it in smaller pot, if you want to control size of it.

"she is very aggressive grower and switches to flower mode quickly."

yes, great to hear for me, this is exactly why I made these crosses. strong and resistant plant. it is quickly budding, for sativa dom, as it is first gen hybrid and everything is boosted there, not because it is indica, like some could think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts