What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Original Diesel.

Killahbeez

Lol. Atleast I have pics of mine. You have screenshots of the OGs verification? you know the old forum saying. Pics or it didn’t happen. Do people actually buy seeds from people who can’t show flower pics of the mother used in the cross?

@Volcanna all you got is jokes , where some of your grow pics ? , all i see is 10 pages of your post in joe biden threads and conspiracy post , do you grow ?

Where your diesel pics ?
🤣Is this guy for real lmao.

led05

Chasing The Present
2001 CNY Sour D - sleepy & droopy, just waiting for the bright lights…

FAEB492D-62C9-4C07-8950-F15F02E929F0.jpeg

93750E56-EF3B-4A68-80DF-E0BA70DDE98A.jpeg

441E656D-9450-40EC-AA28-AC9BD6E607B3.jpeg

beta

Veteran
Check this out. I will have some real pictures of side by sides of all these cuts. Been working on tracking them down and I'm about there. Anyone came across a Original Diesel that is variegated? Homie has held it down in CO since 06. Came from the Chem Fam. If you read the Cannabible series you will notice that the Sour Diesel and Original Diesel and Headband depicted are quite interesting. Especially since there is Diesel #1, Diesel #2, Diesel #7, and a Diesel #10.
The 'Headband' cut I've held since 2006 (originally out of Humboldt) looks identical to what trades as 'Original Diesel' these days and it definitely has variegation. If the plant is very happy you'll usually only see it right after you flip to flower. If the plant has issues it'll be the first sign.

led05

Chasing The Present
The 'Headband' cut I've held since 2006 (originally out of Humboldt) looks identical to what trades as 'Original Diesel' these days and it definitely has variegation. If the plant is very happy you'll usually only see it right after you flip to flower. If the plant has issues it'll be the first sign.
Not to start a flame war with anyone but funny when plants are “happy” you don’t see much or any virus either; one man’s variegation is another’s virus….

I’ve had talks about this at length too many times so will not beat that dead horse again; but if you’re a grower of many species and plants, you’ll realize often the two are “undistinguishable” and will just throw that out there for others to ponder, consider….

I prefer my plants to not have variegation, often I can cut out ahead of it….. what’s that called boys & girls…..

It ain’t bro science that’s FFC

beta

Veteran
Not to start a flame war with anyone but funny when plants are “happy” you don’t see much or any virus either; one man’s variegation is another’s virus….

I’ve had talks about this at length too many times so will not beat that dead horse again; but if you’re a grower of many species and plants, you’ll realize often the two are “undistinguishable” and will just throw that out there for others to ponder, consider….

I prefer my plants to not have variegation, often I can cut out ahead of it….. what’s that called boys & girls…..

It ain’t bro science that’s FFC
Viruses are communicable, I've had this cut for 17 years and I've never had any of my other plants show the same trait.

led05

Chasing The Present
Viruses are communicable, I've had this cut for 17 years and I've never had any of my other plants show the same trait.
I replied to your post but my point was more in general, with that said......

this to me can be telltale

"If the plant is very happy you'll usually only see it right after you flip to flower. If the plant has issues it'll be the first sign."

Do you think plant variegation (based on prior inherited mutations (stable) or chimeric (random) in nature) is based on health, or more likely viruses showing..?

also refer I said indistinguishable - I've seen many posts from users across many forums showing clear virus claiming it's variegation, often the two can be confused, in cannabis it seems this happens very, very often....

and yes you are absolutely correct, viruses spread....... and some plants are variegated... BUT plants consistently variegated are stable (mutation, inherited) and thus show themselves as stable......

I don't doubt yours could very well be chimeric mutation; it's just often I see people calling clear virus variegation etc, and the difference is of course critical.....

17 years no spread, I trust you know what your doing, I'll take your word for it :)

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A genetic abnormality can limit a plant's ability to uptake the needed micro-nutrients needed, it will express as variegation. There will be other symptoms along with variegation that boost the odds of a virus being present. Variegation in cannabis is common. If you are not taking in clones and keep a clean/healthy garden the odds of any viruses getting in are Minuet.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
All this confusion came from a handful of fucktards on ig trying to become revelant …. There was one od cut and then headbands just cause stories change to boost egos and brands don’t change facts

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
That is spot on 100% the original diesel clone not sour wrong leafs and wrong structure and when ya flip it will bush not stretch to the moon

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Excellent copy can see the broad leaf and structure of the momma sour has legs and floppy traits the od don’t … I find the original diesel much more difficult to grow consistent in big rooms

led05

Chasing The Present
That is spot on 100% the original diesel clone not sour wrong leafs and wrong structure and when ya flip it will bush not stretch to the moon
are you writing to me or OJD.... are you from NY..? I am.....and pulled a seed out a elbow of Sour D in 2001 in upstate, where I'm from and live, that's where all those plants came from...

ultimately I don't give a shit about the many tall tales that people tell about their seeds, all I do is provide the truth and exact provenance as best I can as I know it and am able to provide.

If it's not Sour to another, that's fine, shit is fire and I love it anyhow so does everyone else.... Thanks for those details

Peace Y'all

Last edited: