What's new

orient express

browntrout

Veteran
It appears to me just to be a slight mutation or irregular formation, similar to what cancer does to cells in some sort I suppose.

BT

rDn

it's normal bro, possibly u'r seeded.
but i have the same things. cut just this part if you want. 15/plants and no prob.

jay sus

looks pollinated. just that single flower/calyx? it is sometimes hard to find one male flower in the grow room. more to do with luck than anything else

mukuku

Does somebody have any ideas about what this weird formation on the center of one OE bud is? As you can see, it looks like a ball with no much trichomes on it and red hairs coming out. The plant is otherwise healthy, no males in room, 31 days into flowering...
Do I have a hermie, and are my other plants in danger?

Many Thanks!

View Image

this is a genetic trait I knew with my emeraude#1 (circa2008)

all the heads wears that trait. it's not a viable seed, not a mâle flower but a femelle flower with no calyx but only the future seed even if she met no pollen.

picture.php

Last edited:

clestat

Thanks for the hints... this otherwise excellent OE pheno got me somehow stressed.

I have to say that from these regular OE freebies (3/5 fems), I got some interesting stuff : one is the weirdo above, the second looks more sativa and is the only one in the room that looks constantly heat stressed, and the 3rd is a dwarf. Can't wait to see how it does outdoors in my friends gardens.

Southerner

I am in the process of harvesting 4 OE and one of them has really caught my fancy. This plant is so stinky that my friend who lives across the street could smell me trimming it. The strange thing is that the smell is a lemon/cat piss scent that made my eyes water during the trim(like onions). I have read almost all of the 30+ pages on this thread and never is the smell I am experienced mentioned. The other 3 OE's have the fruity/incense smell that has been mentioned several times. This plant was also one of the longer stretchers out of the bunch.

Dubi , do you have any insight into this? Still waiting on it to dry, so I haven't smoked it yet. This was by first experience growing Ace and I'll definately be back for more. Thanks!

b8man

Veteran
Really happy with my Orient Express! I've got one awesomely stoney pheno and two sativa ladies, but it's the squat, high yielding stoney pheno which I'm really loving. Great playful, giggly weed that's a bit too strong for social use. No paranoia or anxiety, great for watching clouds. Thanks Ace for breeding such a great strain!

Bangi Haze and Panama being added to my collection next.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Yo !
6OE pop. 4girls. very homogeneous except one. completelly sativa, enormous prod. smell litchi in 3-4wks after 12/12. and after that smells more like chinayun.

If I understand the last msg in esp, Ace produce several lines of each variety (eg : OE . girls1,2,3,4 and boys1,2,3,4) and if you want a line more than another you can choose ?. i'm right ?

Hi rDn,

Very few ACE Seeds releases are 1:1 type of hybrids, most of our strains have been bred at 'family level', using different lines and different parental plants.

In the case of Orient Express, we have standard and feminized stock from the taller and longer flowering Vietnam Black phenos, the very compact and super high yielding sativa floral pheno and also from the more hashplant indica chinese pheno.

Usually the different lines are offered altogether in a single Breeders Pack (although we haven't released any Orient Express Breeders Pack yet), but you if you are mainly interested in a concrete line please send us an email and we will try to find the lot that is more convenient for your taste and growing variables.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Does somebody have any ideas about what this weird formation on the center of one OE bud is? As you can see, it looks like a ball with no much trichomes on it and red hairs coming out. The plant is otherwise healthy, no males in room, 31 days into flowering...
Do I have a hermie, and are my other plants in danger?

Many Thanks!

View Image

Hi clestat,

Yes, i have seen it a few times, i think it's some kind of ovary deformation, a few pure chinese plants from the first generations produced occasional strange female flowers, some chinese hybrids like OE sometimes produce it too although it's relative rare.

How was the rest of the flowering ? Hope everything was fine!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I am in the process of harvesting 4 OE and one of them has really caught my fancy. This plant is so stinky that my friend who lives across the street could smell me trimming it. The strange thing is that the smell is a lemon/cat piss scent that made my eyes water during the trim(like onions). I have read almost all of the 30+ pages on this thread and never is the smell I am experienced mentioned. The other 3 OE's have the fruity/incense smell that has been mentioned several times. This plant was also one of the longer stretchers out of the bunch.

Dubi , do you have any insight into this? Still waiting on it to dry, so I haven't smoked it yet. This was by first experience growing Ace and I'll definately be back for more. Thanks!

Hi Southerner,

Did you grow the standard or the feminized version ?

The Vietnam Black mother has an organic, fermented, rotten type of aroma, hence the strong smell of your plant. There were other VB females that had more lemony cat piss kind of aroma as you described, and although this concrete type of females were not used in the Orient Express i think you have found a VB dominant plant that shows this recessive trait in a very strong way.

The lemony aromas can also be found in the more compact OE early flowering and high yielding sativa pheno, this one is usually floral too, in a pleasant way, and not an astringent cat piss aroma.

Please, let us know your opinion after a bit of drying and curing.
Kind regards!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Really happy with my Orient Express! I've got one awesomely stoney pheno and two sativa ladies, but it's the squat, high yielding stoney pheno which I'm really loving. Great playful, giggly weed that's a bit too strong for social use. No paranoia or anxiety, great for watching clouds. Thanks Ace for breeding such a great strain!

Bangi Haze and Panama being added to my collection next.

I'm glad you are enjoying yours b8man :)

Thanks to you for the feedback and for supporting our work!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Dream Universe,

Orient Express will start to flower in the second half of August in your latitude.
It has been grown outdoors without problems up to latitude 45º, but i think it can be finished a bit more up north, depending on the weather conditions of the season.

Kali China and PCK x Kali China are also other chinese hybrids with great potential to do a good job there.

rDn

Usually the different lines are offered altogether in a single Breeders Pack (although we haven't released any Orient Express Breeders Pack yet), but you if you are mainly interested in a concrete line please send us an email and we will try to find the lot that is more convenient for your taste and growing variables.
:laughing: :tiphat:Respect, that's incredible.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Dream Universe,

Your pics will be more than welcome, please let us know if you have any doubt during their development. Kind regards!

MadMac

far beyond driven...
high @ all,
was one of the last rides with the orig. Orient Express some years ago...
got this sign from the train... was a great travel with this legendary train...
thought it fit's here in this thread ;-)
picture.php

M.:tiphat:

THCMAN

high @ all,
was one of the last rides with the orig. Orient Express some years ago...
got this sign from the train... was a great travel with this legendary train...
thought it fit's here in this thread ;-)
View Image

M.:tiphat:

Hi Mac
If possible I would buy me an old saloon wagon and just travel the whole year through the world!
I have a long time plan: The Orient Express will be my location to celebrate my 60ies birthday with my closest friends..definitely!
I have only the best memories to the time, when I could occupy a whole compartment, close the curtains and smoke my little glaspipe filled with the finest black afghane dope...
Yeah..even shagging was quite groovy:)
Those where the days my friend..fuck the ICE`s

smac17

Hi guys,

Just got some orient express from a friend ( 5 different phenos ),and i got things to ask you about it...

First, (i must precise that it is from fem seeds) i got some seeds from one of the phenos, the most vietnam black, and i don't know if i can use them without a risk of hermies...will it be all females? will it turn herm surely??

And, how much curing time is necessary to develop the full potential of this buds??(or at least the minimum time to wait to not waste it...)??

Wish you all a beautiful day

mikeandnaomi

Grow them out and see - that's part of the learning experience.

We got 2 phenos - both excellent. One more hearty then the other.

Latest posts

Latest posts