What's new

Organics Without Tea?

V

vonforne

Go to the Organic for Beginners thread.....pick a base mix and a mutrient mix and then just add water.

KISS

it is so easy a caveman could do it.

V

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
to the OP, beware of people telling you that you dont need to worry about pH - just because they dont doesnt mean they can speak for your conditions where you are. my advice would be to be aware of your water source pH and amend it if necessary.

VG

I've grown bud and have had regular veggie gardens fer almost 30 years in -many- different places and I've never PHed anything. Sometimes even usin pseudo-organic nutes such as Fox Farms Grow Big an Tiger Bloom on the bud I've grown. That's literally thousands of plants ( over the years ) bein fed nutes from what I hear has a PH of around 4. Am I jus lucky? No...

The humates/humic acid via worm castings or compost buffer this. It chelates + ions and even compounds of ions from the nutes and it passes through the cell walls of the roots. It couldn't do it without the humates.

When the microherd breaks down organic amendments, it breaks it down into *nonorganic chemical ions. So in one way, the principal is about the same.

In natural organic growing the plant will exude salts from it roots that will feed the microbes/fungi it prefers in it's root zone. This changes as the plants feedin profile changes. The plant gets jus what it wants, when it wants it via the microherd.

Feeding with chem nutes is like force feeding a plant because it's already in an ionic form ready ta be sucked in. The plant has no choice.

lol... Anyhoo, I've grown a lota plants many ways in soil, and never used a PH pen ta do it. No offence to anyone, that's jus the way I've always done it. Take care... BC

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've grown bud and have had regular veggie gardens fer almost 30 years in -many- different places and I've never PHed anything. Sometimes even usin pseudo-organic nutes such as Fox Farms Grow Big an Tiger Bloom on the bud I've grown. That's literally thousands of plants ( over the years ) bein fed nutes from what I hear has a PH of around 4. Am I jus lucky? No...

The humates/humic acid via worm castings or compost buffer this. It chelates + ions and even compounds of ions from the nutes and it passes through the cell walls of the roots. It couldn't do it without the humates.

When the microherd breaks down organic amendments, it breaks it down into *nonorganic chemical ions. So in one way, the principal is about the same.

In natural organic growing the plant will exude salts from it roots that will feed the microbes/fungi it prefers in it's root zone. This changes as the plants feedin profile changes. The plant gets jus what it wants, when it wants it via the microherd.

Feeding with chem nutes is like force feeding a plant because it's already in an ionic form ready ta be sucked in. The plant has no choice.

lol... Anyhoo, I've grown a lota plants many ways in soil, and never used a PH pen ta do it. No offence to anyone, that's jus the way I've always done it. Take care... BC

me too

I

Iron_Lion

I've been using fox farm soil mix, 1 bag light warrior, 1 bag ocean forest, 1 bag planting mix and so far my plants have needed little more that a top dress of 1 tbs indonesian bat guano, 1 tbs kelp meal and 1 tbs ewc once every few weeks. And in some cases certain strains need little more than a topping with fresh soil mix and a good watering, this holds true for the 10 strains in the room.