What's new

Organics in a bottle? 1st time organic grower.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And dude? I was convinced before I read this post :p Everything I eat is organic. Well 90% of it. And while on the surface it sounds more complicated. . . the more I read, the simpler it seems. The PROCESS is more complex. IE, you're feeding the plants indirectly. But the actual work involved seems easier.

its only as complex as you make it, nature does 100% of the work if you let it.

you are right though, when you get down and dirty organic gardening is FAR more complex and diverse than any method of synthetic gardening could even attempt or dream of. luckily natures knows best.

SmokinErb

I hear you on the CMH. I put in my HPS bulb for the first time ever after having the MH in and thought "what happened to my beautiful plants?" They look all sickly to me.

I'm going to LED for veg, that will be even worse.

Oh yeah, I'm far from convinced to use LED'S. I'll be getting some T5's for that, but CMH to start with.

I just absolutely love them. The difference in yield from a HPS and MH is noticeable, IMO. Between HPS and CMH, it's not. Yet the CMH buds have the same frosting as the MH, but the bulk/density of the HPS. AND they run much, much cooler.

SmokinErb

its only as complex as you make it, nature does 100% of the work if you let it.

you are right though, when you get down and dirty organic gardening is FAR more complex and diverse than any method of synthetic gardening could even attempt or dream of. luckily natures knows best.

This is what I'm quickly finding out. I'm already 100% sure I'm going the organic route this time. I am, however, going to go against the belief that it can only be truly successful in large containers. I'll be flowering in 6x6x9" square pots. DrBudGreengenes grows have convinced me. Perpetual SOG under 800w CMH in a 4x2" cab with 32 pots.

Just want to add my 2 cents, i was a user of chemical nutes my first few years of growing, but then was pushed by friends to try the organic route. Used some bone and blood meal. I bought pure blend grow n bloom and earth juice bloom, was burning seedlings and underferting plants in their later stages. yields were terrible all around and was ready to give up. tried other liquid ferts (metanaturals and maxicrop) and got better with my feeding schedule but still could not keep up with the hungry plants in their later life. Then i found espoma bio tone starter plus. mixed this in with good organic soil and some worm castings. Results changed instantly. healthy plants w no burn and only used water! Last improvement i ever made was to start using subcool's supersoil recipe in my final pots to supplement the biotone soil for flower. Ever since organic growing has given me the best plants for the least effort. This is coming from a person who almost gave up n went back to chemicals

SmokinErb

Well, it's been a few days, got hit pretty hard by that ice storm and we had 2 downed power lines in the backyard, so we had no power for a few days, and then no internet for a few more. In that time period I ordered and received "Teaming with Microbes" by Jeff Lowenfels. I can already tell that this book was a wise investment.

So I just wanted to say thanks. You guys have officially converted me to organics.

Latest posts

Latest posts