What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organic Spider Mite Control: Predators

NotaProfessor

I had a big SM infestation about 3 weeks into flower. I used the Triple Threat package from this site http://www.naturescontrol.com/mite.html#tt

It has
Phytoseiulus persimilis
Neoseiulus californicus
Mesoseiulus longipes

Kicked the fuck out of the spider mites. So complete was the eradication that I never got any mites in subsequent grows.

Granger2

Veteran
Just to weigh in with my experience: I've used all three. Once I used the triple threat. I ordered the persimilis a couple of times, and they seemed to work well. Once I ordered them and they sent californicus by mistake, but they worked well. If I were to use them again, I'd either get the triple threat or the californicus. I wouldn't use the persimilis because of the humidity thing. Longipes worked well.

The one time they didn't work was when I released Green Lacewing larvae at the same time. The GLW larvae are ravenous and don't care what kind of mite it is, they attack. Good luck. -granger

Granger2

Veteran
Another interesting thing about the Green Lacewing larvae. They can travel great distances [relative to their size] and will eat anything living. I've seen photos that shows a cool phenomenon. If there is an abundance of food, and they are sated, they will keep killing, and stick the casualties to their backs. Bizarre sight. When they run out of food, they start on each other. Last man standing. -granger

Latest posts

Latest posts